• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL2K5 Tourney 2 is up! The champ is back!

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
That's all right, I can take it. I got my ass whipped. Mike Vrabel looked like LT in his prime, that 3-4 with the Patriots' excellent DBs is very tough. Good game.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ck,you ready to ball?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yea he's posting in my thread in the OT,but he's blind when it comes to this forum :p

TheDuce22

Banned
Good game Gunstar, hopefully it gets through. My xbox is stuck on the "reporting game results" screen for some reason.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
TheDuce22 said:
I guess it didnt go through. If we have to play again ill be on later tonight.

Make sure u have the your challenge setting on clear weather, that slowdown was the worst.

Gunstar77

TheDuce22 said:
Can we just sim it since i allready won? I dont have alot of free time tonight.

We didn't sim it the fist time, 4th and 10 early in the 2nd Qtr. on my 40 isn't what I call a sim game. To pull that stun against the Lions is weak, the Lions don't rank higher then the 70's in any catagory.

Matrix

Thats weaksause...better not bring that shit into the league.

TheDuce22

Banned
I know your probably mad that you got destroyed. Thats why im pretty sure you did something to cause the game not to go through. :( What happened was, as you know, TO dropped a wide open pass on 3rd and 10 so I ran the exact same play because I was pissed off. The score was like 55-28 so you cant really point to the single time I took a risk.. wasnt playing correctly.. whatever you want to call it, and say "this is why I lost". Maybe you should run the ball more than twice a game and stop trying to throw that fade pattern every chance you get before you start calling me a cheeser.

Gunstar77

TheDuce22 said:
I know your probably mad that you got destroyed. Thats why im pretty sure you did something to cause the game not to go through. :( What happened was, as you know, TO dropped a wide open pass on 3rd and 10 so I ran the exact same play because I was pissed off. The score was like 55-28 so you cant really point to the single time I took a risk.. wasnt playing correctly.. whatever you want to call it, and say "this is why I lost". Maybe you should run the ball more than twice a game and stop trying to throw that fade pattern every chance you get before you start calling me a cheeser.

Duce give me a break, I didn't call you cheeser but you ain't no sim player either. My main problem was with the slowdown. Beside, in the 1st touney I gave ShadowRed 3 games until he gave me the win. The 1st game I was winning 7 to 0 we got disconnect, 2nd and 3rd game I won both but never got the win, it was the same screen me and you got. So finally he just signed on and quit for me. But I never complained that I wasn't going to give him rematch, until the deadline was near.

By the way I didn't destroyed, that was my first game the Lions so after you were up by 14, I just started running plays to see who are my goto guys. That is why I was passing so much. If you would really like to find out what destroyed means hit me up for an Eagles vs Eagles game.

Gunstar77

Ramirez said:
Hah,we've all played Gun and I can say that he is definitely not a cheesehead :p

Shit I don't even use the R button when I play with McNabb. So to come out and say I did something to the game is pretty weak. I am just about the straightest player in here, in both ways. :) Besides if you don't have time to play the games then you shouldn't have joined. Everyone and their mom knows that with Sega servers, you might have to play 2 or 3 times to get the game to take.

TheDuce22

Banned
Ok man whaever you say. I just dont think throwing it into coverage every single play, even after 6 interceptions, is considered siming it. Ill see if i can get out of work early to play tonight.. dont think we have anything going on. Please explain to me how you are any more of a sim player than me. BTW, i dont think we can choose the weather unless it gave you the option to. I was the one that challenged you.

Gunstar77

TheDuce22 said:
Ok man whaever you say. I just dont think throwing it into coverage every single play, even after 6 interceptions, is considered siming it. Ill see if i can get out of work early to play tonight.. dont think we have anything going on.

By the way I didn't get destroyed, that was my first game the Lions so after you were up by 14, I just started running plays to see who are my goto guys. That is why I was passing so much. If you would really like to find out what destroyed means hit me up for an Eagles vs Eagles game.

Fifty

AstroLad said:
Another excellent game Cloudy, bring on Fifty/Dmc. Play your game; hurry! ;P

We played it last night! ESPN didn't let us finish. I guess we'll try tonight..again.

Matrix

I'm ready now,I'm going online.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking INSANE game Matrix, man, good shit.

Your guy, #16 won that game. :( I had him doubled after he broke two of those and he STILL broke another long reception. That is what killed me, my run D was solid. :(

I gave up on my passing game in the middle of the game there, you probably noticed. They were letting balls bounce off their hands and chests far too often, and I had had it. Marcellus Rivers, my TE behind Shockey, dropped a costly one in the last drive that would have been a first within FG range. :( Barber ended with 28 carries for 138 yards. Looking at the Drop stats, Finn - 2, Shockey - 2, Rivers - 2. Hilliard - 1. Warner went 10-23 though I can't blame him 7 of those were drops. Your guy, #16, Edwards. had 5 for 198 yards and 3 TDs. As I said that was what killed me.

LOL at my missing the PAT, I could have gone for 2 if I didn't miss that first one.

Man I finally had a game within reach argh. Barber could not stretch out for that last one first down. 53 yard FG would have been out of Bryant's reach. :(

Matrix

Geez that was scary,GG Ck and I swore I heard you trash talking when you went up 9-0 :p How did you miss an extra point?

Usually I do most my passing damage with Smith,Edwards must have had some wheaties before the game :p

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
Geez that was scary,GG Ck and I swore I heard you trash talking when you went up 9-0 :p How did you miss an extra point?

Usually I do most my passing damage with Smith,Edwards must have had some wheaties before the game :p

LOL you heard me!? You did have a set of headphones and didn't talk you sonofabitch? You must have heard me yelling at all of my miscues then haha.

Matrix

No my mic is broken,I have it turned on I guess where I can hear people through my tv roofles

Fifty

This is fucking terrible! For the second day in a row DM and I lose our connection to ESPN leagues. The game is flawless...no lag and a fantastic matchup, but after 1 QTR it says "waiting for opponent" and then it says we've lost our fucking connection. Godammit! Whenever the game is fun to play and glitch free, shit like this happens.

Fifty

Pathetic. I have the win. I was up 10-0, but yesterday he was up 14-0 when this happened and no one won. Fucking stupid.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
good game CMDR, but that clock milking is a beast...... that rushing game took a little adjusting, but I see the chicago running game now.... good game

Matrix

Dm and Fifty are not meant to be...:(

Fifty

The game will only let us meet in the finals. It seems his modem died this time, but our luck (his especially) is just terrible. He won the last tourny, and now he's lost the second after 1 QTR? Bullshit.

EDIT:
Well, I think I figured out why it gave me the win. His modem died out, the severs didn't screw us over like before. That's not to say I deserved to win that soon: I didn't. But it makes a bit more sense now.

Malleymal said:
good game CMDR, but that clock milking is a beast...... that rushing game took a little adjusting, but I see the chicago running game now.... good game

Good game dude....with Jones injured, I knew I was in a hurt of trouble. :)

TheDuce22

Banned
Allright I can play again tonight. Let me know if your able to get on.

"By the way I didn't get destroyed, that was my first game the Lions so after you were up by 14, I just started running plays to see who are my goto guys."

Your a good player regardless of weither i think you play sim style or not. Make no mistake, im sure you can and will beat me at some point but this game was over by hafltime. You killed yourself with the interceptions.

Gunstar77

TheDuce22 said:
Allright I can play again tonight. Let me know if your able to get on.

"By the way I didn't get destroyed, that was my first game the Lions so after you were up by 14, I just started running plays to see who are my goto guys."

Your a good player regardless of weither i think you play sim style or not. Make no mistake, im sure you can and will beat me at some point but this game was over by hafltime. You killed yourself with the interceptions.

Lets give this another try.

Gunstar77

Ramirez said:
What about our game?! *dies* :p

Well since you are here, I guess I will play you first.

Duce, I will be playing my league game right now but I won't sign off. Just challenge me as soon as I done playing Ramirez.

DMczaf

Winner of the tournament plays me! I at least get a shot at defending my title instead of going out on a disconnect in the 1st quarter :(

Matrix

Fifty

Nope. Round one is over. I guess DM will start it today. Or as he would tell me tournament one. START IT!!! :p

Matrix

Duce22,when can I get my shot at Owens? ughhhhh

Matrix

Yea I'll be on late tonight,just post here when you want to play.

Top Bottom