• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL2K5 Tourney 2 is up! The champ is back!

Ramirez

black_panther.jpg

Don't fuck with them!! LoL!!

Me and DSkills just played,connection was pretty bad,I blame it on the weather,why don't you all turn it off when setting up the tourney,I could have swore it was an option.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
LOL I'm going to get killed,no way in hell will I be able to stop Owens.

Roar..nah..more like "MEOW!!!!"

Ramirez

Bring Terrell on!!I think I can beat them when I actually have a running game and a defense that isn't fucking retarded.

yup, awesome game. let that be a lesson to people who abandoned the run: eventually you'll get something good. i'm pretty sure we just exchanged field position for about a quarter and a half.

by the end of the game atrain had 41 rushes for 200+ yards. my D just got beaten into submission :(

good game dude, i look forward to meeting you in the league :)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
TheDuce22 said:
I can get on now. Just let me know...

Ughh I was on and you still havent excepted my friend request.

Matrix

Ok I'm going on,get ready to kick my ass.

TheDuce22

Banned
That zone you were playing completly shut down my running game. What was it? Also leftwich has an arm, his passes were zooming.

Matrix

GG Duce...Could not stop Owens and I knew I wouldnt.

edit- haha I want to tell you,but I'm not giving away the zone I play to shut down the running game,I give that away and I got nothing left.I cant stop the passing in this game with my retarded players.

Thing is I play pratically the same way with the Texans,except they cant shut down the running game at all.Jags are a much better team in this game,should have chosen them for the league play :(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Whenever you're ready Solrak (err... when the next round gets started).

Is it DMC that starts the next round or whatever? B/c since both he and Solrak are on maybe I can actually make this happen now.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
DMczaf said:
astro, can you sign up for our league? we need 2 more players.

I wish b/c you know I'd be all over it, but I'm not sure if Live will work w/ my broadband at school in NYC so I don't want to bum out on a league if it doesn't. :/

Hg-

Yeah, I never went to look at that before.

I'm getting hit real hard by this storm crossing over Chicago....hopfully it won't cause a 'DMczaf' on me when I'm playing tonight. :(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
C'mon explain yourself, dipshit. Don't throw out fucking accusations without backing them up.

I'm going to be honest with you, you are easily one of the shittiest players I have ever played online in any game, and I'm not saying that just because you're a whiny excuse-making bitch to boot, it's the honest truth, I was literally thinking it during our game. Here's some tips for you:

1. Don't run a fucking Iso/up-the-middle play out of the exact same set (Pro) for 90% of your plays. This explains your ridiculously retarded and unrealistic tournament statistics. Grossman- 10/24 (TOTAL, in 3 games)... Thomas 82 carries (I'm betting 70-75 of those were up the middle out of Pro)... Jones 21 carries. You ran the same fucking shit every down in the first half except when I nailed your ass (which was often) and you had to go for one of your 3 total completions in the game. Even though I was incredibly bored about 5 minutes in, I kept switching up defenses to counter the inevitable up-the-middle run and somehow Thomas broke free for your only touchdown of the game; did I call this "cheese" even though it was the eighth time in a row you had run up the middle? Nope, I just sucked it up and kept you out of the endzone for the rest of the game by stopping the up the middle runs you still kept on doing to the end.

2. Have you ever heard of defensive adjustments? If you take a glance at the manual, you'll see that NFL2K5 has these amazing pre-snap controls that let you double team receivers, shift DBs, LBs, and CBs. How do you think I kept your sorry-ass passing game to 3/9? You might actually want to try one of these adjustments to cover my top receiver instead of dragging some fat LB over there and flailing around like an idiot while I make the catch.

3. NFL2K5, though buggy, does include a passing game. VC did not forget to put it in. You might want to throw more than an average of 8 passes a game, but if you don't, then don't whine about it like a little baby when you get locked down just like any team that runs the ball up the middle every goddamn down would in real life.

4. It's not my fault you suck and don't want to play a sim-style game.

Ask Fifty (whose played me three times), konex, or hgplayer how I play and you will find that you weren't a "victim of cheese" (even if I knew how to and wanted to "cheese" you wouldn't even be worth the effort since I could have beaten you letting the computer play the whole game for me), you're just a crappy player.

I don't give a shit about winning; I care about playing a good game against good players, and so far in this tournament I guess 2/3 isn't bad, but if I knew I was going to have to contend with whiners leveling ridiculous accusations to compensate for their shitty play (that is, you), I want no part of it.

This won't prove anything to your deluded ass, but just to eliminate all doubt that I am not a "cheese" player doing anything to win, I am withdrawing from the tournament. It's pathetic that I have to do this just because some 0-1 schmuck wanted to make his ass-beating seem a little less pathetic, but my reputation means a lot to me.

Good luck to the rest.

TheDuce22

Banned
I cant play tonight but how about tommorow sometime between 12 - 2pm. If that doesnt work anytime after 11 pm will be fine for me.

You're right....I'm was wrong....something was bothering me but I let to go because it's just a game. I told you to let it go....the game is done and I have moved on....It's only a game. However, to call me names because of a game is down right low. As far as you leaving the tourney, that's too bad...it would have been an excellent final. :(

oh yea....btw....

I don't give a shit about winning; I care about playing a good game against good players,

but your first post after you beat me was....

Bring on the Eagles/Panthers!

it wasn't "good game solrak" or even something as funny as "don't worry solrak, I will win the final so that you can say that you lost to the champion :p"

sad night to play. :(

Matrix

Geez Astrolad,yea he shouldnt have said it was cheese,but I think you went a little overboard with your comments.Sometimes people say things after they lose out of frustration,cut him some slack.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Cmdr. Solrak said:
You're right....I'm was wrong....something was bothering me but I let to go because it's just a game. I told you to let it go....the game is done and I have moved on....It's only a game. However, to call me names because of a game is down right low. As far as you leaving the tourney, that's too bad...it would have been an excellent final. :(

oh yea....btw....

but your first post after you beat me was....

it wasn't "good game solrak" or even something as funny as "don't worry solrak, I will win the final so that you can say that you lose to the champion :p"

sad night to play. :(

Well when someone attacks my character by saying they were a "victim of cheese" after playing me and then doesn't even provide any support for the claim so that I can defend myself, I take it personally, especially when it's on a forum where there are so many other fellow players; everyone who I have played so far (except you for some reason) has enjoyed the game and found it fair, win or lose, but when you come in with something like that, it casts doubt, no matter what the actual facts. I may not have said "good game Solrak", but I didn't call you a cheater or otherwise attack you because I realize the ramifications of that. Of course, once you do it to me, then fuck it.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Matrix said:
Geez Astrolad,yea he shouldnt have said it was cheese,but I think you went a little overboard with your comments.Sometimes people say things after they lose out of frustration,cut him some slack.

Being that as it may be, I thought this was the one place I could come where I wouldn't have to deal with that bullshit, but I guess I was wrong. Next time I'll be sure to lie down and clear a nice big hole down the middle so I don't get accused of victimizing anyone. Though I doubt there'll be a next time anyway.

Matrix

I know what he wrote wasnt right,I just think he said it out of frustration cause he got his butt beat,he made a mistake and said he was sorry.Please dont quit cause of one stupid comment.I think we have some great players here and I would hate to see you not play,cause Solrak had a brain fart.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Matrix said:
I know what he wrote wasnt right,I just think he said it out of frustration cause he got his butt beat,he made a mistake and said he was sorry.Please dont quit cause of one stupid comment.I think we have some great players here and I would hate to see you not play,cause Solrak had a brain fart.

Now that I see he didn't mean it, that does mean a lot to me, but I did feel I had to react to the initial statement just sitting there.

OK, no hard feelings on my end, but I did already leave the tournament just to prove to the rest that I am not a cheater and that playing fair is the only thing that matters to me, so there's nothing I can do about that.

Ok m8y, I'll give it to you straight. Here is what concerned me:

There was a play in the game that you did that worked nearly 100% of the time...no matter how many guys I had on the receiver...no matter how close they were to the receiver. the play was so flawless that you seemed to use it almost everytime you were in a 3rd and long situation. Once the game was finished, I immidiately thought of the old NFL 2K games that had the "money play" and how people use them everytime to get out of a jam.

But like I said before, the frustration's over, I dropped it and will contiune to play ESPN with GAFers (even you Astro) for good or poor experience. As for your reputation, I'll fix that now.

...ATTENTION MY FELLOW GAFers. THERE IS NO DAIRY PRODUCT IN ASTRO'S GAME....

I have had nothing but great experiences playing ESPN online. You can defend yourself if you like, but I'm done. :)

Ramirez

LMAO!

Just that much easier for me to become the champ!! :p

Deuce I guess were playing after 11,you are talking EST time right?

Top Bottom