• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2017 Edition

Dave_6

Nice setup! Been thinking about upgrading from my G27 to one of those OSW wheels one day. I'd need a dedicated rig though as I don't think my desk would work very well, plus the setup/software looks intimidating.

Nice setup! Been thinking about upgrading from my G27 to one of those OSW wheels one day. I'd need a dedicated rig though as I don't think my desk would work very well, plus the setup/software looks intimidating.

Yep, you will need to build your own rig for an OSW. It needs to be very strong and stiff. Its the worst part and takes time.

So this has been a project at my abode for the last 2 months (baby due in 10 days, and my previous mancave had to become our new bedroom as we did a big switch around to make room) - I have to give MASSIVE thanks to my best mate Tom (A sparky by trade, who did all the wiring and helped with the overall build and especially my dad who advised, guided and directed the project from start to finish)

So I was left with my garage - a building separate to the rest of my home, built in 1971 out of concrete prefabs with an asbestos roof. It was leaky, smelly and infested with spiders.

I think I'm gonna make a transformation video of sorts soon, but in the meantime, here's some before/transition/after shots.

Shortly after roof removal:
nodsNXB.jpg

New roof going on:
REZlElV.jpg

Stud work begins:
TrJTcVh.jpg

1ppiiry.jpg

Insulation and Soundproofing:
umCjFu2.jpg

Sqbx4qn.jpg

Plasterboard/wiring work:
zaTTte6.jpg

Laying the floor:
PkT2XL6.jpg

Paintwork:
ahZ723d.jpg

iXhTowT.jpg

Finished product:
tRpBEyc.jpg

nwIbUZ6.jpg

STREvNR.jpg

ss_lemonade

Here's ours

EgyJV31h.jpg

Bookshelf is a bit on the thin side, but it does it's job for now (there's barely anything in it anyway). Still need to purchase more speakers to get surround sound. TV will probably be wall mounted once I get a center speaker.

Stuff in the room:
Samsung ks9000 65in
Denon x1300w + 2x Pioneer FS52 speakers
Samsung k8500 4k bluray player
PS4
PS3
Xbox One
Switch
An ikea bookshelf and tv unit (can't remember the exact names)

Hayriko

bcDOSEu.jpg

Really simple setup and sorry for low res

Stuff:
Playstation 4 Last of Us Edition 500GB
Samsung 24 inch TV
MSI GS60 2PE Ghost Gaming laptop from 2014

I say this every year, but not a whole lot of change from last year. The biggest addition is VR, or I should say, the cables for VR. PSVR in particular really needs extension cables so I could at least not have its box up on the wall.

IMG_20170507_173825_zpsow3k6yv7.jpg

IMG_20170507_171123_zpsovkcsn2e.jpg

IMG_20170507_171451_zpsxyloywlq.jpg

Upgraded my audio since last year. That's about it.

s7IgaFo.jpg

gPERK0t.jpg

AudIwKR.jpg

anMsaWG.jpg

SfPbPTN.jpg

This just might be my favorite setup in all the years here. Work/play balance, retro consoles, black/white primary color scheme, G-400, clean...

Well done. And yes, I quoted all the images again because it's that good.

I love the idea of having consoles out on display, but how on earth are you lot keeping those things dust free?!

I have my collection of consoles on a desk right now, and considering investing in some new furniture, but there's absolutely no way I'd consider having anything on display in the open like that. D :

I know when I found and started using the swiffer dusters it changed my life in relation to dusting. So much easier to keep all my shit clean, but I still keep it all contained and not completely in the open.

My setup is getting a little crowded... But I love walking into the room and seeing it all in one place. Well, most of it anyway.

crowded7tup8.jpg

BurningNad

I wanna know what type of jobs you guys have to afford all these fucking amazing setups. I'm salty as fuck over here going through these pics. :/

I wanna know what type of jobs you guys have to afford all these fucking amazing setups. I'm salty as fuck over here going through these pics. :/

By the time I could finally afford it, I had no time left to play 90% of the things you're looking at in my picture. It's a curse.

By the time I could finally afford it, I had no time left to play 90% of the things you're looking at in my picture. It's a curse.

Gotta make time! Failing all else, Saturday is "game day" at my place. Very few things take priority over that, simply because I don't let them.

Sequiel

Banned
Must have been a gigantic upgrade. Wish I could afford an oled :(.

What's the side monitors?

I use it for work every day, so that was a neat excuse.

Sides are 27", but only use them for side apps like chats, browsers and the like.
Got a 1080 too but my old i7 870 is holding it back in games.
Under the desk there's a PS4Pro and PSVR too.

Your eyes o_o

That's why OLED is great, much better than LCD or IPS. Just had to disable an automatic brightness function in the service menu that was a bit annoying.

Bedroom PS4/PS3/VR setup:

PwHKFT5.jpg

I know this is like three months late but man this was a great blast from the past, if that's exactly the same TV as it looks like (and I'm pretty sure it is given that distinctive floating design), I LOVED this TV, such a great buy, had it for like 9 years I think until I finally had to replace it with my current X850C when it finally died.

Kongjarl

Neo Member
Hi,

Updated my office to get a more simpel and just plain more good looking setup.
My progress has really changed over the years. From 3 monitors and 1 43" widescreen above, to 1 ultrawide, to now 1 165hz normal 27" and newer been happier than now :)

PC specs:
CPU: i5-6600K OC
GPU: GTX 1070 8GB, Asus Strix
RAM: 16 GB 3200Mhz Corsais
Case: Define S
CPU cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 X

Other hardware:
Mouse: SteelSeries Sensei Wireless
Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB
Speakers: EDIFIER R1700BT
Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-W1000X
Amp/DAC: Fiio Andes e07k
Monitor: Asus 27" PG8Q (165hz)

9MkqtVb.jpg

Zn1MM2z.jpg

mE6tPC9.jpg

CvPRNjC.jpg

theecakee

QJIco1z.jpg

Back at my parents house for the summer, so not at my college place.

It's not amazing but for how much money I have it's alright. The furniture is old, but I hesitate to upgrade it since I probably will move out this time next year-ish.

PC Specs
CPU: i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core
GPU: GeForce GTX 960 2GB
RAM: 16GB DDR3-1600 Corsair
Drive: 240GB SSD and 1TB HDD
Case: Fractal Design Core 1500

The laptop is a Dell XPS 13 9360, I use it for school and work.

TBiddy

Hi,

My progress has really changed over the years. From 3 monitors and 1 43" widescreen above, to 1 ultrawide, to now 1 165hz normal 27" and newer been happier than now :)

PC specs:

Other hardware:

9MkqtVb.jpg

Zn1MM2z.jpg

mE6tPC9.jpg

CvPRNjC.jpg

This looks splendid. Are you by any chance scandinavian? It looks like something you'd see in Scandinavia!

GlamFM

Banned
Hi,

PC specs:

Other hardware:

9MkqtVb.jpg

Zn1MM2z.jpg

mE6tPC9.jpg

CvPRNjC.jpg

This is how you do it.

-White walls
-No "collectors" bullshit on display
-No LEDs
-No posters (framed or not)
-No dolls (flat eric does not count)
-No boxes

Just a good looking, functional set up.

Kongjarl

Neo Member
This is how you do it.

-White walls
-No "collectors" bullshit on display
-No LEDs
-No posters (framed or not)
-No dolls (flat eric does not count)
-No boxes

Just a good looking, functional set up.

Thx! Actually the walls are light grey, but you can't see it on the pictures :)

I'm now 30 and I've been thru all the "battlestations" and now I just want it to be simpel and good looking. Also there has to be a red thread thru the house and the wife has to be happy with it aswell :)

Top Bottom