• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox 360 Memory Upgrade Program - definetly come here

Well following my tracking number, it says my package has arrived in SLC and should be delivered tomorrow :D .

Anyone else start receiving their package?

My hard drive arrived last monday along with the 3 months of Live, though it's kind of fucking retarded that the usable space on the drive is only 13gigs but whatev/ all that for thirty bones was a good deal.

Where did you guys get your tracking numbers from? I went to the site and followed the steps for the HD, and they charged my card, but I never got an email or anything from them.

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
Sorry to bump the thread, but I need a bit of help with this. I grabbed a new 360 arcade with 256mb onboard (the new model? output DC is 150v) and when I tried to register, it says

Microsoft said:
According to our records you own a console which has enough memory to connect to Xbox LIVE and live the new Xbox Experience. Have fun!
If you feel you are receiving this message in error and own an Xbox 360 or Xbox 360 Arcade console please validate your serial number and reenter it here. Xbox 360 Pro and Elite consoles come with enough memory and are not eligible for this upgrade.

I know I'm using the correct numbers, right from the console's system info. And I only got 40mb left after the Live! updates, the Avatar thing and the TMNT arcade game. Is there something else I should be doing? (I'm using satellite internet, located on the other side of the house, so I gotta haul the console out there to get it connected, and I can only download things with this connection, FYI).

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Kind of off topic, but does anyone know if there is a way to install a third party HDD like you can for PS3? Never mind, I guess the 360 won't recognize anything larger than 120GB.

SupahBlah

Banned
vanguardian1 said:
Sorry to bump the thread, but I need a bit of help with this. I grabbed a new 360 arcade with 256mb onboard (the new model? output DC is 150v) and when I tried to register, it says

I know I'm using the correct numbers, right from the console's system info. And I only got 40mb left after the Live! updates, the Avatar thing and the TMNT arcade game. Is there something else I should be doing? (I'm using satellite internet, located on the other side of the house, so I gotta haul the console out there to get it connected, and I can only download things with this connection, FYI).

If you have a new arcade they come with NXE already installed the memory update was really for machines that couldn't upgrade the dashboard.

TJ Spyke

vanguardian1 said:

The upgrade program was for those who had Xboc 360s with no HDD's or internal memory. Your has 256MB memory built in, which is enough for NXE, so you are not eligible. If you want a HDD, you will have to buy a new one (or find a game store selling used ones).

Threi

notag
SupahBlah said:
If you have a new arcade they come with NXE already installed the memory update was really for machines that couldn't upgrade the dashboard.
NXE can be installed on the older arcades that have a memory card.

maynerd

Banned
Threi said:
NXE can be installed on the older arcades that have a memory card.

That's nice but that is irrelevant because the fact is the program does not cover the arcade unit with the memory built in.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
My Arcade console had 256 MB of internal memory, and I was still elligable for the memory upgrade program.

Threi

notag
maynerd said:
That's nice but that is irrelevant because the fact is the program does not cover the arcade unit with the memory built in.
The point is that the old and new Arcade units both come with 256MB of memory, the difference being external vs internal.

If the program applies for one than it should apply for the other.

maynerd

Banned
Mgoblue201 said:
My Arcade console had 256 MB of internal memory, and I was still elligable for the memory upgrade program.

Interesting. I had heard that those consoles were ineligible. I stand corrected if true.

Threi said:
The point is that the old and new Arcade units both come with 256MB of memory, the difference being external vs internal.

If the program applies for one than it should apply for the other.
they made it internal so there was no reason to not have the space. and then they preinstalled the NXE on it.

they extended the offer to people in case they didn't have enough storge available to run the NXE< not because they felt like giving away memory cards and hdd's at a fair price.

not only does it not apply to both, but IIRC, the internal 256MB is shared between the firmware and storage, so there's only 214MB available.

Mgoblue201 said:
consider yourself lucky!

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
Hmm... my console had the older blades menu installed, I had to install 40mb worth of updates to get the newer interface, which did not include the avatar thing itself (that was another 120mb or so). Afterwards I had 80 megs free, so I grabbed the TMNT game (trial) and am down to just under 40mb free.

And btw, is there an easy way to get 400 ms points so I can get the full version of TMNT? Outside of the bundled arcade games and Sonic Tennis
I want to say it's horrible, but I'm probably spoiled by Mario Power Tennis
all I have is Project Sylpheed, which I grabbed from Blockbuster for $10.

TJ Spyke

vanguardian1 said:
Hmm... my console had the older blades menu installed, I had to install 40mb worth of updates to get the newer interface, which did not include the avatar thing itself (that was another 120mb or so). Afterwards I had 80 megs free, so I grabbed the TMNT game (trial) and am down to just under 40mb free.

And btw, is there an easy way to get 400 ms points?

Yes, you can buy 400 MS Points from the Zune marketplace for $5 (you can use MS Points on both Xbox Live and Zune).

Anybody who doesn't have a HDD should buy one anyways.

MadOdorMachine said:
Kind of off topic, but does anyone know if there is a way to install a third party HDD like you can for PS3? Never mind, I guess the 360 won't recognize anything larger than 120GB.

Yes you can, google hddhackr. You can only use a WD-BEVS 120 GB drive though, no other brand will work. The mod is easy ive done it myself.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
TOAO_Cyrus said:
Yes you can, google hddhackr. You can only use a WD-BEVS 120 GB drive though, no other brand will work. The mod is easy ive done it myself.

Wow, really? Any limitations or anything? I might end up doing it myself if they won't try and ban you from Live or something. Those 120 GB drives are only $55 or so, and I'm not gonna spend >$100 for MS's official drive.

Top Bottom