• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Any other
old
people notice the Silpheed cocktail machine in the arcade? Loved that game as a kid. Had one of my favorite box covers.

silpheedDOS.jpg

Did anyone finish downloading it on PS4 PRO and try it? It is suppsoed to be Native 4K on it. Or maybe PS4 Support isn't up yet.

So uh... How do you quit the game? Like I get that if you quit outside the waiting room, it counts as a death. However it says go to the options menu to quit. But there's only a config option that has no 'quit game' option.

Did you figure this out? I'm having the same issue.

Floex

Well, this is definitely a Suda game. Iffy gameplay mixed with awesome style.

Definitely want to play more after my first go.

ZangBa

I'm feeling really positive on this. It feels super stiff and fighting multiple enemies is a nightmare, but I'm sure in time I'll learn to deal with it. Some of unique mechanics in this are pretty neat. For a F2P game, it doesn't feel oppressive with microtransactions like many others do.

Mawarup

Neo Member
Liking this so far killed my first Hater that wasn't my character and they were level 25. Yeah they hit pretty hard but was able to do most of the damage with a grenade. Was level 11 when I did it. Combat seems like something that resembles souls but is missing something.

Chemo

Still trying to figure out how to quit to the title screen. Anyone have any luck with this at all? I can see that multiple people have asked but there are no real answers. Thanks in advance-

Glad you get
another freebie after you die "for real" so they could explain the insurance. I wouldn't have been happy.

Fucking level 25 Hater nearly fucked my shit up.

Still trying to figure out how to quit to the title screen. Anyone have any luck with this at all? I can see that multiple people have asked but there are no real answers. Thanks in advance-
Keep going and it will show up. After you leave the waiting room for the first time

Lokbob

How do you deal with 3 fast enemies attacking? You are stuck in the recovery animation for so long after attacking.

Running in circles until they kill each other off seems to be working but it takes some time lol.

So basically, I like this game. I think it's great, and I think the F2P system isn't TOO terrible. I have a bunch of questions still, like what carries over when you die full stop, but damn if I won't be playing this for a while.

If I catch myself playing it for longer than a month, I'll probably invest some actual money in it.

How do you deal with 3 fast enemies attacking? You are stuck in the recovery animation for so long after attacking.

Running in circles until they kill each other off seems to be working but it takes some time lol.

You can roll or jump out of most combat animations. Certain weapons do better for groups than others, like the Steamer which has some AOE on it. I think using mushrooms can throw up a poison cloud to get some health off too.

BiggNife

I am legit surprised by this game

It seems like a pretty competent souls clone and it definitely has the weirdness of a suda game

Why did I think this was a multiplayer death match game

Not sure how long it'll take before I run into the wall most F2P games hit, but I'm really liking it so far. Love what I've seen of the setting and the characters.

It's nice to like a Suda game again.

Audioboxer

Pretty fun. Concept is cool and style of the game is top notch.

The combat and no lock on is really pretty bad. Seems to be clunky to play into the F2P system and probably having you die easier.

this is actually a genius concept for anyone making a battle royal game, stick a couple of hundred people to the lobby as you go up higher and higher to a tower it'll come up to the last few people who may or may not be heavily geared but extremely skilled and then insert a randomized end boss and let the chaos insue.

Pretty fun. Concept is cool and style of the game is top notch.

The combat and no lock on is really pretty bad. Seems to be clunky to play into the F2P system and probably having you die easier.

Nah it's just par for the course in a Suda game. Combat thankfully in this seems a lot better than in Baroque, which is the nearest roguelike comparison I can make.

drotahorror

Am I the only person that doesn't understand what to do with the stamp game? I've tried it twice and failed because I have no idea what's going on. I figure I need to match the X to the X but that didn't work. Then I tried tapping X to the lit up lines but that didn't work either.

vilmer_

A couple of hot tips, R3 = lock on. The first miniboss
is deaf and can't hear you if you are creepin. Use it to your advantage. Easy game, easy life. Make sure you saved a weapon or two :lol

Top Bottom