• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Bio-Frost

Can't believe there is no bundles with two guitars. Only want to do guitar/bass with fiancee but getting another guitar used seems risky considering how easy they seem to break.

So hyped. My copy hasn't been dispatched yet (jeez Amazon, sort it out) but hopefully will be there release day with you all.

MrNelson

Banned
Great post. You sounds like a funny person.

So do we have any updates on when the old DLC will show up on the PS4 store? When I checked this morning Add Ons still wasn't on the game's store page.
A good chunk of them are already up, just not under the Rock Band 4 page. If you go to Add ons>Newest add ons>See all you'll find them. There are still quite a few missing, but I'm sure they'll have them up by tomorrow at least.

Mudron

Is there anyway to go back and see what content someone would've bought for the past RB games on 360/PS3 without having to reconnect those consoles and spinning up those discs?

libregkd

The character creator is limited as well? How severely?
From the previous streams I've been seeing, the thing that has been limited was body shape with only only 2 options of Masculine and Feminine(so no height or weight options or anything at all like that) everything else seemed on par with previous Rock Band games; i.e. different head shapes, seemingly same amount of hair options, and a bunch of clothing options being unlockable as you go through the game. Obviously don't have the game myself so I may be wrong.

So do we have any updates on when the old DLC will show up on the PS4 store? When I checked this morning Add Ons still wasn't on the game's store page.
Most have been up all weekend, just not hooked onto the RB4 page yet. Web store has mostly everything up right now but is still missing a few things.

"Character customisation is limited when it comes to the physical aspect of your character, you can’t set custom characters to fill empty band slots when you don’t have friends playing"

This is probably irrelevant to most people, but not being able to create your whole band is a major bummer for me.... I was so happy when they added that in RB3.

The character creator is limited as well? How severely?

I think the biggest thing is that there are no physique options. Otherwise it looks about the same (you can even mix and match male/female stuff this time including facial hair). Not sure if the custom tattoo/icon thing is back though.

I'm really hoping custom bands gets patched in later. I really loved that feature.

EDIT: Kind of beaten lol.

Support this game, people. Really glad to see the good reviews, in spite of the missing features. Really surprised about no online play, but Harmonix is an awesome studio with a lot of integrety. If features are missing, I highly doubt its due to cynical corporate bullshit, we need to send them the message that its worth all of thier time and effort to rejuvinate the game, and for doing the right thing by prioritizing the ability for us to transfer over our DLC and use legacy instruments. I really hope this does well so the DLC train keeps going, and those missing features are added as updates or in a sequel.

Edag88

Banned
A good chunk of them are already up, just not under the Rock Band 4 page. If you go to Add ons>Newest add ons>See all you'll find them. There are still quite a few missing, but I'm sure they'll have them up by tomorrow at least.

Most have been up all weekend, just not hooked onto the RB4 page yet. Web store has mostly everything up right now but is still missing a few things.

Oh, that's clever. I saw them on the web store but most of them said "unavailable" which was kind of a bummer. A couple were listed as free but only if you don't sort them by price....so the whole thing has kinda been a mess so far.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
So hyped. My copy hasn't been dispatched yet (jeez Amazon, sort it out) but hopefully will be there release day with you all.
If it's the Xbox version with the adapter, you might be waiting a while. The adapters are seemingly in short supply. (They have the estimated shipping for my copy as November 18...)

If it's the Xbox version with the adapter, you might be waiting a while. The adapters are seemingly in short supply. (They have the estimated shipping for my copy as November 18...)

Nope, PS4 with the guitar. It's been "preparing for dispatch" for 13 hours now. Tried chatting with customer service and they seem certain it's all fine but I'm a little worried.

libregkd

Oh, that's clever. I saw them on the web store but most of them said "unavailable" which was kind of a bummer. A couple were listed as free but only if you don't sort them by price....so the whole thing has kinda been a mess so far.
Yeah the things that don't seem to be up right now is basically a lot of the song packs/albums. Which if you bought those, it prevents you from buying/downloading the singles that were in those packs separately and labels them unavailable. All the songs that are labeled unavailable for me all say they aren't available because I already purchased the song, which is technically true because I bought them in a pack. So now it's just waiting for that issue to get resolved.

Knox

That decision to buy this for PS4 and have almost zero DLC or buy an Xbox One then this so I can have all of my 360 DLC.

Maybe this'll just be an "in the future" decision.

I had the same dilemma but decided to stick with PS4. There's nothing else I really want an Xbox for, and I think I'll be alright just re-purchasing my favorites instead of having a huge library of stuff that I rarely played.

Edag88

Banned
Yeah the things that don't seem to be up right now is basically a lot of the song packs/albums. Which if you bought those, it prevents you from buying/downloading the singles that were in those packs separately and labels them unavailable. All the songs that are labeled unavailable for me all say they aren't available because I already purchased the song, which is technically true because I bought them in a pack. So now it's just waiting for that issue to get resolved.

So that's it. Most of what I've always bought has been packs and albums. I kinda went on a Foo Fighters splurge during the sale.

RetroMG

Definitely picking this up, although I won't have the cash until next Friday - hopefully copies won't be too hard to find.

I had two different bands on RB3 - One was "The Octorocks" (Playing on the Octoroks from Zelda,) and the other was "Internal Transfer." (reference to the Call Center I worked at)

janoDX

I might be back in Rock Band on November if I get the money and since it's launching on November in Chile, so... I'll get the track packs for now so I can build my setlist back on PS4.

Good luck if you're buying this for Xbox One in the UK.

Hardware situation is an absolute fucking mess.

Wireless adapter that was listed everywhere is slowly disappearing as the stores realise they won't be getting stock. Still can't ORDER it at Amazon UK or GAME. Other stores listing it as being released at some point in November.

Amazon and GAME are the only retailers claiming that they'll be shipping guitar/band-in-a-box bundles in time for launch but people are complaining that their stuff still hasn't shipped at 7pm on the day before the game is released. ShopTo have moved everything back to November.

Welcome to the world of Mad Catz. The most tin-pot "big name" peripherals manufacturer ever to have been in the business.

I used to be HUGE on Rock Band back in the day and I can't wait for this one.

Having a Rock Band 4 Party on Friday and it's gonna be SWEET

Struct09

Game preloaded. Adapter scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Some previously-purchased DLC downloaded. I'm good to go.

Baboro

Neo Member
Dag nab-it I thought the RB1 360 wired controller was compatible.

This. I was really excited when they announced that old controllers would be compatible (I have two wired guitars and wireless drums), but super bummed when I found out it would be wireless only. Apparently the wired compatibility is being looked into though!

But, I'm super grateful and amazed they even put effort into getting the wireless stuff working. Harmonix <3

I'll be singing on my digital copy until the adapter comes in the mail. Can't wait!

Raide

Managed to put my name on the only Band in a Box Unit coming into my local game. Good job I know all the staff in there.

Deadstar

Anyone know if I can put my songs on a usb stick or external hard drive to bring to a friends house so that we can play my songs as well?

I'm impressed with that hardware backwards compatibility chart. Especially considering they've got some of the PlayStation 2 guitars working.

PlayStation. Two.

Blatant hax!

Good luck if you're buying this for Xbox One in the UK.

Hardware situation is an absolute fucking mess.

Wireless adapter that was listed everywhere is slowly disappearing as the stores realise they won't be getting stock. Still can't ORDER it at Amazon UK or GAME. Other stores listing it as being released at some point in November.

Amazon and GAME are the only retailers claiming that they'll be shipping guitar/band-in-a-box bundles in time for launch but people are complaining that their stuff still hasn't shipped at 7pm on the day before the game is released. ShopTo have moved everything back to November.

Welcome to the world of Mad Catz. The most tin-pot "big name" peripherals manufacturer ever to have been in the business.

I'm super worried about my Amazon order at the moment. It says it'll arrive tomorrow by 9pm but it still hasn't dispatched :/

I'm super worried about my Amazon order at the moment. It says it'll arrive tomorrow by 9pm but it still hasn't dispatched :/

I'm with you man. I'm sure it'll be fine. If not I'll be kicking up the standard late-Amazon-package fuss and sorting something out so not too much to worry about.

I'm glad all my rock band DLC is on PS3 already, because if it was on 360 I just wouldnt be buying RB4 at all (or just buying on PS4 with limited tracks)

bobohoro

Nice OT, subscribed. Will probably wait a month or two before purchasing though, all the missing features, my old guitars broken, my drumset too big for the living room and the messy launch situation in terms of instruments/adapters/DLC really don't give me confidence that I need this day one.

One small question: How do guitar solos affect score? As far as I understood it, you can play a chart or freestyle at will, so how does that work with regards to leaderboards and stuff like FCs?

I just wanted them to allow your band to have a male vocalist and a female vocalist that it'd default to depending on the song. Over half a decade later and my wish still hasn't come true :(

Debating whether to go with the standalone version or get back into the full experience.

Some folks on the Harmonix board are saying that Amazon support are claiming that the items will be shipped tomorrow and will also arrive tomorrow. Something about them not being "allowed" to ship them before release day.

I really don't see it happening, sadly, but I hope it does and that you get your order in good time.

Still. Mad Catz' own site has fritzed and is showing UK prices converted to US Dollars.

Not the best thing to happen to them, given the conversion. Not only are they hapless in providing hardware to this region, but they're charging through the nose for what they do manage to deliver.

TxRSTEN.jpg

I just wanted them to allow your band to have a male vocalist and a female vocalist that it'd default to depending on the song. Over half a decade later and my wish still hasn't come true :(

Debating whether to go with the standalone version or get back into the full experience.

I find this kind of annoying too. It would be nice if Harmonix added a variable to all the songs to determine this, so that the singer isn't completely random, but it's by no means a deal breaker.

robotrock

Banned
So what's up with the whole Rock Band 2 stuff? If I have an export code from back in the day that I never redeemed, can I still use it?

Actually I see the price for Rock Band 2 isnt that expensive could I technically buy a new copy of it for the code, buy a used copy of rb3 to export and that would work?

Do the old codes not work anymore? I feel like I somehow missed this.

Lady Gaia

For me, I had hundreds of dollars invested in DLC for 360, so I went out and got an Xbox One the week after Rock Band 4 was announced. I don't regret it one bit, since I've already got my money's worth (Halo, Forza, Gears, Rare Replay, etc.)

I would have done likewise for RB DLC and Tomb Raiser this year except for the long drawn-out non-confirmation of MIDI drum support on the Xbox One. So I guess I'm confirmed PS4 + Wii U only this generation. Repurchasing the DLC I care about (less overlap than you might expect due to the lack of keys support) will be significantly cheaper than another console in any case, and I can't imagine playing on the stock kit after getting used to decent mesh drum heads and cymbals that trigger reliably.

bounchfx

just got my legacy adapter in the mail. was hoping it was full game like the other guy, but nope haha. they still haven't shipped full band box but it will supposedly arrive by 8pm tomorrow. too hyped!

Yaari

I was quite vocal about the game lacking in certain areas but damn am I pissed that I'm not getting the game tomorrow, or anytime soon because of MadCatz distribution issues.

I don't even know when I might be able to get my hands on the game.

Top Bottom