• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Does anyone know if I need a USB 2.0 or 3.0 hub for the Legacy Adapter?

I'll have my OTA antenna, HDD, and Legacy Adapter taking over the three USB ports, so I'll need to buy a splitter to plug in my mic.

Gorger

HMX posted this about online on their forums:

Re: Online Play.

No, not at launch. BUT, we view RB4 as a platform and we'll be continuing to update it with new features. (We even have a really awesome FREE update coming this December with some new features for competitive players and other goodies too - more info soon). So rest assured that we're listening and we're diving in to player requests and continuously working to keep the game awesome. We're really excited about the product that's launching tomorrow and can't wait for you all to get your hands on the new features like Freestyle Guitar Solos, Freestyle Vocals, and the new Career.

There is definitely some big maybes in there.

hodgy100

6g9XmTJ.png

IM READY!

Can't believe its been 5 years!

are there really no custom setlists? like, no way to play songs I want in an order I choose?

if so, that's like... really, really sad. disappointing as fuck. there's gotta be a way, otherwise that seems like a ridiculous thing to overlook/leave out

It sounds like something HMX plans on addressing.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I have tried to get all of my songs there but there are some I couldn't get.

Every Rose Has it's thorn
She hates Me
Still alive
Smooth Criminal.

What about the songs I bought in a bundle like the Areosmith greatest dimension pack?

Rocky

Banned
About that instrument compatibility chart. Does it mean Xbox 360 instruments can be used with a PS4 with that adapter? It's a little confusing.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
No separate instruments yet? I'm in the Uk but have to buy the US Ps4 version as that's where all my PS3 exports and DLC were from. I'm obviously not going to import a physical guitar.

Is the alternative a used PS3 guitar hero/rock band 1-3 guitar from eBay or cex?

She hates Me
Still alive
Smooth Criminal.

What about the songs I bought in a bundle like the Areosmith greatest dimension pack?

From my experience, the Bundles don't trigger on your account, but the individual songs do.

So like, say you wanted to download Foo Fighters Pack 01. If you search for that, it'll still cost you 5.49 to download.

But if you search for "Times Like These" "My Hero" and "The Pretender" you'd see that they're all available to install for free.

It's really weird and overly complicated.

She hates Me
Still alive
Smooth Criminal.

You have to download songs individually, even those you bought in bundles.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
You have to download songs individually, even those you bought in bundles.

From my experience, the Bundles don't trigger on your account, but the individual songs do.

So like, say you wanted to download Foo Fighters Pack 01. If you search for that, it'll still cost you 5.49 to download.

But if you search for "Times Like These" "My Hero" and "The Pretender" you'd see that they're all available to install for free.

It's really weird and overly complicated.

Any songs I bought in the bundle show that I have to pay again or they are not available for purchase

Called GameStop, they're willing to let me pick up my band in a box bundle tonight.

Thankfully I'm on PS4, they said the X1 version as a whole was delayed to Friday.

Question to any of you who have RB4. Has anyone tried using their RB3 A/V calibration numbers? If so, were the results similar or the same?

EDIT: Also heads up, both PS4 and XB1 digital pre-order songs can now be bought!

RIP. I haven't pre-ordered anything from Amazon before so I was hopeful it would get here on release date :/

Just as an update, my stuff got shipped out around 9pm. A little late for me to be comfortable but y'know. It's on the way. Hope yours has or will be getting out the warehouse soon!

bounchfx

Called GameStop, they're willing to let me pick up my band in a box bundle tonight.

Thankfully I'm on PS4, they said the X1 version as a whole was delayed to Friday.

Aw hell naw, this better not be anything more than game stops shipment. If my Amazon order doesn't come till fri I might just cancel and get drums on Craigslist

Edit: saw above post.

Though I still can't believe I'm buying another band in a box simply because I lost the floor piece the drums socket into. rip :(

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
What are the chances of going to Best Buy tomorrow and just getting the guitar bundle if you never pre-ordered the game?

Yeah for those worried that XB1 bundles are delayed until Friday, my BiaB already shipped out from Amazon and is set to be here tomorrow. Seems the only things that have seen any possible delay/shortage is the legacy adapter bundle.

darknil

Seeing that counter on my PS4 go down will kill me.

I was surprised the game was.. light, 6GB I think, is that correct?

Also, those who have the game already, please tell me in-game store tells you what DLC you can download. This has me worried.

I'm excited but I need new instruments so money is an issue. Unless they release the drum kit separately...

I have the old RB1 instruments but I need a new drum kit for my sanity's sake.

Is there a list of bands with packs? Ie, Queen Pack 1, Oasis Pack, etc? Trying to get the dlc I want before it all goes off sale.

Paid 10 bucks for Doolittle, tsk tsk tsk.

Oh no, I won't bother you to go through that. Will continue scanning through that.

Edit: Guess a lot of the dlc had the price raised early? Bummer.

FyreWulff

I just wanted them to allow your band to have a male vocalist and a female vocalist that it'd default to depending on the song. Over half a decade later and my wish still hasn't come true :(

Debating whether to go with the standalone version or get back into the full experience.

I prefer my intentional glitch method for RB3 that always gives you a female vocalist even if the song is sung by a male.

The game tries to swap in a male singer, but just ends up swapping the female vocalist into another slot, and replacing the singer with another woman :lol

Top Bottom