• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

It should work the same way though :(
--

Here's a song That I already have telling me to buy it again (bought the aerosmith pack)
S8JHMa2.png

I saw that with All Along the Watchtower on my PSN. I know I bought it previously.

I also have a good number of previously purchased tracks listed as unavailable, but they show up.

Southcott

I saw that with All Along the Watchtower on my PSN. I know I bought it previously.

I also have a good number of previously purchased tracks listed as unavailable, but they show up.

Yeah I'm having the same issue on Xbox with 'Photograph - Def Leppard' and 'Little Wing - Jimi Hendrix Experience'

So, im hoping it gets here earlier, but man... I cant help but be bummed about having to wait until at least Wed. if not Thursday to play because of the weird adapter delay.

Still, happy to know i can buy Reflex tomorrow.

Syriel

So can someone tell me the best way to redownload my old archive of songs?

What I have been doing is looking up my old Xbox 360 purchases, and searching for those songs individually on the XB1 store.

Is there better way to do this?

When I load up the game for the first time, will it be easier to "shop" for my old downloaded songs with the in-game store?

Unfortunately no. And even songs you own showing up as "purchased' are hit or miss. Many of mine were still showing prices as of today, and only showed the "you own this" message after I clicked on the initial purchase button to bring up the system level confirmation screen.

Still have one song that insists on charging me to redownload on XBO. And one of the track packs actually shows as purchased in the store, but asks for money if you try to download the pack. Then again, all of the songs in that same pack show a purchase price, but give the message that I own them and allow a free download when selected individually.

You're going to have to do it song-by-song and double check against your prior purchase list.

Syriel

I hope the disc export songs come sooner than later. I just had a quick look at my DLC history, and most of my library is tied up on those discs. Obviously I solved this by purchasing more last minute DLC.

Any recommendations for a cheap mic? I wouldn't mind trying out singing this time, but all of my headsets are wireless. I'm buying in Canada, which probably makes a difference.

Pretty much any wired USB mic by Logitech.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Blitz has such a cool tracklist. Man I hope they get exports sorted out soon...

evanmisha

Balls. If I bought the RB1 key I don't have to have RB2 for any reason do I?

Presumably, simply buying the RB1 export key will be enough to obtain those songs in RB4 in the future. The RB1 disc is only necessary if you want to play those songs in either RB3 or RB2. Granted, none of this is confirmed, but it's most likely.

I'm trying to keep up and I'm so lost.

I never redeemed my 20 bonus songs from RB2... Can I still do that? How?

I see people mentioning Blitz. I buy this right now on PS3 and the songs are automatically made available in 4?

We need a detailed FAQ with terminology for folks who haven't been in tune with RB/Harmonix as much as the vets.

Franz Ferdinand finally made another good album so I'd like some of the stuff from the Sparks collaboration to show up eventually. Seems unlikely though.

FyreWulff

It looks to be the case. Someone on the HMX forums said that Somebody to Love is based on the (RB3 Version).

I was hoping they'd base that one off the RB2 version specifically.. the keys 5lane chart was literally the guitar chart from the RB2 version, anyway (except it keep playing keys through the guitar solo), so that's straight up a downgrade.

Just realized I have work tomorrow night, then I'm out of town for a week after that. My Rock Band bliss will just have to wait.

Hopefully I can get everything set up and re-downloaded so that I can jump right in when I get back.

DarkOneX

You have to call EA. Its a stupidly messed up system. The code thats on the manual will redeem for the 20 bonus tracks (maybe? I don't know if this still works as I redeemed it at launch) you used to then enter that same code into the harmonix website where it would generate a second code for the export key.
Harmonix have removed that page from their website now so you need to go straight to EA and ask for the code and pray you get someone good. It seems to be totally random, the first couple of attempts I made the Customer Service people were responding in broken english and just kept saying it's not an EA game. Third time I got someone super helpful who generated a couple of different codes and waited while I entered them to ensure they worked.

Thanks much for this! So the code they give me is a code I put into what, in the Xbox reedeem option or do I have to have a copy of Rock Band 3 to put into there? Also do you have the # you called handY?

Kolma

*looks at order number on bestbuy.com*
*sees it says is ready for pickup*
*calls best buy to confirm*
"yes you can pick it up"
*drive 5 miles to Best Buy*
"yeah lemme check... oh you can't pick it up today it doesn't release till tomorrow"
"well can we get a manager to override it?"
"no he can't override it, if it sells early we have to pay a fee"
*upset that I can't pick it up but understanding...*
*thought* "maybe i should call corporate... they do screw up a lot of my preorders anyways..."
*check voicemail I've had since noon*
It's a call back about the application I put in last week :|

Thank god I didn't call corporate or raise hell...

Kolma

Quoting from the other thread.....

I recently grabbed a LE Beatles set for PS3 as a cheap way to be ready for RB4. Always fancied adding the cymbals at some point and this post makes me realise that I'm now in a constantly shrinking market for some RB 2/3 cymbals!

Just wondering - if I see Wii/360 cymbals on eBay, they'll still work on my PS3 right? Get the impression they're universal as the pro-cymbal packaging mentions all 3 consoles?

Yes cymbals are universal.
I had gotten RB2 cymbals on Wii and when i switched to 360 just started using them on 360 drums up until I bought RB3 cymbals.
also
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. DO NOT BUY RB2 CYMBALS THEY ARE GARBAGE.

ViciousDS

Banned
Yes cymbals are universal.
I had gotten RB2 cymbals on Wii and when i switched to 360 just started using them on 360 drums up until I bought RB3 cymbals.
also
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. DO NOT BUY RB2 CYMBALS THEY ARE GARBAGE.

RB3 ones are much better.....but they are hit or miss on getting a good set....especially now that they have been sitting smashed in some warehouse lol. I would honestly wait for the RB4 cymbals since they will be the first official digital ones for the drumset. Remember that using the older cymbals has a minor delay compared to the new ones that will come out because the set has to convert analog to digital for the old cymbals.

Anybody got gameplay footage of Cowboys From Hell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx-KnHXgyp0

I hate live versions of almost all the songs.

I think AC/DC was the only set that I liked.....except for Let there be Rock

Top Bottom