• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Good news! The background/ambiance is now gone when selecting songs so it won't sound like an airplane is crashing through your home when choosing songs now. It's very much like RB2 and even plays HMX bands on the main menu.

Also finished downloading all of my legacy dlc after about 4 hours and these were what I had issues with. Surprisingly small list and I know the reason for most of them not showing up, though a few of them puzzle me.

Created another Amazon order with the correct address so hopefully my family can return it when it arrives at their house.

I'm doing way too much for this pissing game.

Anyone had experience with Amazon UK's return system? I'm guessing Amazon Locker is the easiest option.

Allforce

If you exported RB1 tracks a LONG time ago on 360 when RB2 came out, will those songs be available on XBox One to download from my profile?

I switched 360's back in about 2010 and could never get the license transfer to work for Rock Band songs. Everything else I ever downloaded worked but none of the DLC I ever bought for RB1 has ever been available.

ViciousDS

Banned
Created another Amazon order with the correct address so hopefully my family can return it when it arrives at their house.

I'm doing way too much for this pissing game.

Anyone had experience with Amazon UK's return system? I'm guessing Amazon Locker is the easiest option.

image.php

If you exported RB1 tracks a LONG time ago on 360 when RB2 came out, will those songs be available on XBox One to download from my profile?

I switched 360's back in about 2010 and could never get the license transfer to work for Rock Band songs. Everything else I ever downloaded worked but none of the DLC I ever bought for RB1 has ever been available.

Exports are not available day one.....however if you exported the RB1 songs long ago that export license should still be in your download list for when they finally add them to the market.

Good news! The background/ambiance is now gone when selecting songs so it won't sound like an airplane is crashing through your home when choosing songs now. It's very much like RB2 and even plays HMX bands on the main menu.

Also finished downloading all of my legacy dlc after about 4 hours and these were what I had issues with. Surprisingly small list and I know the reason for most of them not showing up, though a few of them puzzle me.

Roadrunner and Snoop Dogg are probably because of single songs in those packs being delisted early for legal reasons (Runnin' Wild and Snoop's Upside Ya Head, respectively). I was able to download songs from both packs because I bought them as singles.

The Doors is probably because they didn't account for the two different launch-week Doors packs. Ozzy is probably because Bark at the Moon and Mama I'm Coming Home are pack-exclusive. Eat Me Alive and Don't Tell Me You Love Me aren't showing up for me either, and those aren't the only ones. Little Wing is inexplicable and my favorite Jimi Hendrix song, what the hell whoever's responsible. The rest is previously delisted DLC.

ViciousDS

Banned
omg uptown funk has crowd singing.........hhhnnnngggg going to drum the fuck out of that song

also countdown during dead spots is the greatest thing EVER!

I need to see footage of Gimme Chocolate but I can't find any. Boo.

Cowboys From Hell looks ace.

^ @Vicious I like a lot of Live versions, but it's funny because I hate almost all of AC/DC Live. I think I bought it for Thunderstruck and LTBR (lol).

mojiimbo

Ended up buying 100+ songs and still have $6 left. Any recommendations for Hendrix(or other $.99) songs that are fun and involved but aren't ball-bustlingly hard? I'm probably at low-to-medium Expert skill? I'm especially terrible at fast-strumming chords. Bonus points if they're longer than like 3 minutes.

Probably getting Chest Fever by The Band and Blue Sky by the Allman Brothers after someone recommended it earlier, looks fun.

Roadrunner and Snoop Dogg are probably because of single songs in those packs being delisted early for legal reasons (Runnin' Wild and Snoop's Upside Ya Head, respectively). I was able to download songs from both packs because I bought them as singles.

The Doors is probably because they didn't account for the two different launch-week Doors packs. Ozzy is probably because Bark at the Moon and Mama I'm Coming Home are pack-exclusive. Eat Me Alive and Don't Tell Me You Love Me aren't showing up for me either, and those aren't the only ones. Little Wing is inexplicable and my favorite Jimi Hendrix song, what the hell whoever's responsible. The rest is previously delisted DLC.

Merci for the analysis. Yeah, the random singles missing from packs is puzzling but I'm sure that will get ironed out in the next week or so.

For the previously delisted stuff, are they just going to add them at a later date or something?

Question about info in the OP. If I have the RB1 and RB2 export keys in my history already. When/If they become available is that all I need?

Knox

I'm on the PSN store site loading up on DLC. It seems like most individual songs have been raised to full price, but a lot of the packs are still 50% off. If I buy the packs am I good to go on PS4?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
*looks at order number on bestbuy.com*
*sees it says is ready for pickup*
*calls best buy to confirm*
"yes you can pick it up"
*drive 5 miles to Best Buy*
"yeah lemme check... oh you can't pick it up today it doesn't release till tomorrow"
"well can we get a manager to override it?"
"no he can't override it, if it sells early we have to pay a fee"
*upset that I can't pick it up but understanding...*
*thought* "maybe i should call corporate... they do screw up a lot of my preorders anyways..."
*check voicemail I've had since noon*
It's a call back about the application I put in last week :|

Thank god I didn't call corporate or raise hell...

it's just one day Kolma! lol

Contacted EA support a few times today, apparently they have had their tools removed from their systems for generating Xbox 360 codes, but PlayStation codes are still available.

FYI

Hey guys, thinking of picking this up. Haven't played a GH/Rock Band game since Guitar Hero World Tour. Have we heard what artists are being lined up as DLC? The games setlist and previous DLC and game setlists are missing a lot of British Rock I love like Pulp, Arctic Monkeys early stuff, Bloc Party, The Verve, The Smiths, The Vaccines and The Libertines etc.

Also where the hell are some Beach Boys? Gaping hole in their 60's rock selection.

Hey guys, thinking of picking this up. Haven't played a GH/Rock Band game since Guitar Hero World Tour. Have we heard what artists are being lined up as DLC? The games setlist and previous DLC and game setlists are missing a lot of British Rock I love like Pulp, Arctic Monkeys early stuff, Bloc Party, The Verve, The Smiths, The Vaccines and The Libertines etc.

The Smiths have "This Charming Man" as DLC, but as far as upcoming DLC goes, we know very little. The four Amazon-exclusive preorder tracks, the HMX track that leaked a little earlier, and the confirmed upcoming Van Halen and U2 DLC.

DLC is gonna be announced weekly, traditionally on the Friday before it comes out.

Pre-Chorus doesn't look anything close to the shit I had to do in Caprici di Diablo.......I was happy enough to 5* that song....wasn't chasing the gold

It doesn't look too bad, it's just the last thing I expected from a Duran Duran guitar chart.

Thanks to an unnamed gaffer I got the Rock Band 2 export code, so I went and bought a used rock band 3 so I could export it. Awesome.
Now I have Rb1,RB2,and RB3 ready for export for whenever/if they open up.
Fuck yes.

Thank you again unnamed gaffer!

I3rand0

It's probably already been posted but all the preorder DLC songs for digital preorders are going to be Day 1 DLC on both platforms tomorrow.

A friend that got his copy is telling me that the way the game displays scores on the song selection screen is strange. From my understanding, it will show your highest score (band or not) next to the song even when you're solo or playing a different instrument.

bounchfx

my order shipped, but damn, at least 3 of my friends already received their amazon order! at least mine is on the way, stoked now.

Edag88

Banned
So we should expect the rest of the packs and other things that aren't up yet on PSN to be up tomorrow with the game?

I'm about to head out to my local store. I'm forcing them to do a midnight so I should be playing it within an hour. Il drop impressions and any info I had not seen before as I come across it.

They should have let gametrailers do all the promo for this game (seems like they kinda did lol) their battle of the bands stream on twitch is too fun.

_woLf

So I can't buy Rock band DLC on xbox.com using existing credit on my account?

It refuses to let me. It constantly is trying to use my debit card. :|

Koppai

*looks at order number on bestbuy.com*
*sees it says is ready for pickup*
*calls best buy to confirm*
"yes you can pick it up"
*drive 5 miles to Best Buy*
"yeah lemme check... oh you can't pick it up today it doesn't release till tomorrow"
"well can we get a manager to override it?"
"no he can't override it, if it sells early we have to pay a fee"
*upset that I can't pick it up but understanding...*
*thought* "maybe i should call corporate... they do screw up a lot of my preorders anyways..."
*check voicemail I've had since noon*
It's a call back about the application I put in last week :|

Thank god I didn't call corporate or raise hell...

The orders should not pick until the day it releases to avoid confusion, something that I don't get. People never read the fine print. It wouldn't matter if you raised hell or not, there is a huge fine if we break street date and the company can lose out on discounts from vendors and other agreements. Also I don't believe there is any way to actually override the system.

robotrock

Banned
wait till RB2 can export to RB4 (hopefully you've already exported it to RB3)

If you previously exported Rock Band 2's setlist, you'll be able to Float On whenever those songs are made available for RB4.

atm.....you can't, once the RB2 exports are supported then you should be able to play it

if you grabbed a RB2 export code and used it on the 360 lol

Damn. I guess I have to pick up a copy of Rock Band 3 then.

How is that RB3 to RB4 export going to work?

Top Bottom