• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

evanmisha

Can't find any of the delisted DLC that didn't go up last time on NA PSN. Can someone who owned some confirm whether it shows up for you?

EDIT: Saw the post above about Smooth Criminal. soyouresayingtheresachance.gif

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Some weird stuff is missing for me on the store (I had like 1600-1700 songs so I anticipated issues with some). I'm just going to wait a few days. The 70+ songs should hold me over til then

Some weird stuff is missing for me on the store (I had like 1600-1700 songs so I anticipated issues with some). I'm just going to wait a few days. The 70+ songs should hold me over til then

Yeah, things are a complicated mess at the moment. XBO here. I'll be waiting as well.

Storm360

Did you at least make sure all new data gets installed to the external drive before downloading your DLC? That's what I did so that way if you need to revert back you won't lose everything you downloaded

Id have to check, it should be set up that way but I'm not 100%

ViciousDS

Banned
also apparently I gave the wrong GamerTag for RB4 for eventual leaderboards, pics and stuff. Since we will all be sharing our stuff in the live feed there.

quote for my GamerTag

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Watching some videos. It's awesome they got vintage Dream Theater.
Wait, is Keyboard not part of the game? It's a shame if that got removed.

ViciousDS

Banned
Watching some videos. It's awesome they got vintage Dream Theater.
Wait, is Keyboard not part of the game? It's a shame if that got removed.

keyboard is not part of RB4......it may get added in later. They seem to want to make RB4 the standard for everyone to get a hold of and just expand on the base game in content updates/expansions......its definitely a smart idea. But right now due to smaller budget keyboard is out at launch

It should already be up, I preordered last month and it's all loaded and ready to go for midnight.

Oh, awesome, didn't realize there'd be a preload. Thanks.

I'm very new to this whole digital thing, but RB4 is the perfect game to own digitally. Downloading now.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
keyboard is not part of RB4......it may get added in later. They seem to want to make RB4 the standard for everyone to get a hold of and just expand on the base game in content updates/expansions......its definitely a smart idea. But right now due to smaller budget keyboard is out at launch

I see. That's a shame, Dream Theater would be fun on keyboard.
*watches Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo* Top Tier Guitar? Seriously? That was mid-tier back in Guitar Hero 2. Yikes.

ViciousDS

Banned
watching Jman on youtube goldstar everything with ease despite the fact hes not.....the greatest at guitar. I'm kind of glad they toned it down a bit, not going to lie some GS's in RB3 were a fricken bitch compared to RB2. Also Freestyle solos definitely help him a ton, especially when you can near gold star surfing with the alien on a sight read lol.

so hyped for tomorrow

So what are the chances of being able to grab the band in a box set if I just casually roll into Best Buy/Target tomorrow?

I'm going to say you might have a better chance at Target due to everyone using GCU at best buy

Wozman23

How'd everybody's downloading go on PS4?

I started last night on the PS4 and painstakingly got to the letter H. Picked up where I left off on the web store tonight, and got to S before I was thrown a curveball. The store said my download queue was maxed. Booting up the PS4 revealed that everything stalled, and my first ~200 songs all just say "Waiting to install..." Can't seem to get them going. Purchased the rest of my entitlements, but can't queue them. Tried deleting a few of the ones in limbo, disconnected from the net, rebooted... I'm at a loss. The only other thing I can try is purging my downloads on the PS4, one by one, and seeing if the second time is a charm.

MrNelson

Banned

I started last night on the PS4 and painstakingly got to the letter H. Picked up where I left off on the web store tonight, and got to S before I was thrown a curveball. The store said my download queue was maxed. Booting up the PS4 revealed that everything stalled, and my first ~200 songs all just say "Waiting to install..." Can't seem to get them going. Purchased the rest of my entitlements, but can't queue them. Tried deleting a few of the ones in limbo, disconnected from the net, rebooted... I'm at a loss. The only other thing I can try is purging my downloads on the PS4, one by one, and seeing if the second time is a charm.
I'm pretty sure they won't install until you have the game installed, so it seems you're just going to have to wait.

zulux21

I got some of the packs, but I am basically waiting for the game to unlock as it's a pain to go through the store right now.

Megatron

This is my first digital pre order. I'm in the west coast. Do I have to wait for midnight here? Is it the same time for the whole NA?

zulux21

This is my first digital pre order. I'm in the west coast. Do I have to wait for midnight here? Is it the same time for the whole NA?

if you load up your ps4 it should have a timer ticking down.

it's got 30 some min left for me and I am in central time.

robotrock

Banned
I just started a gamefly free trial to rent Rock Band 3 but that's not a title available for rental apparently. Free trial cancelled.

robotrock

Banned
You need it just for future exports? When I go out tomorrow I'll try to find a copy for you at BB and GameStop
I just need it so I can eventually get my Rock Band 2 tracks in Rock Band 4, whenever they start supporting that. I just don't want to pay GameStop $30 for a used copy or $20 on Amazon though. It seems a little bit much just so I can play Float On in RB4.

Thanks though! I'll still try and see if one of my buddies has it and can let me borrow it.

Trying to fight the urge but I don't wanna wait till 2016 for a second guitar and already paid off my band in a box version... I'm seriously contemplating buying another guitar bundle and see if GS will just let me trade in the second copy of the game towards the guitar bundle.... God why am I doing this to myself!

Looking up the game on Wal Mart, Target, and Gamestop websites to see if any show in stock at stores so I can head out early in the morning or at midnight tonight.
It seems like everyone has the PS4 version still available to order or just do in store pickup, but no versions of the XBO version.
The game doesn't even show up on the Meijer website at all.

Clerk at Meijer said they would be pulling a pallet display out on third shift tonight for the game, but had no idea what would be on it, so he didn't know if there would be a breakdown of which versions.

Sorry, just freaking out about having to wait a few days to get the XBO version from Best Buy. I just want a new RB fix after so many years.

Well I'm screwed. Amazon have been telling me since June 23rd I'll get it on release day and they've emailed me at 3am to say they can't give me a dispatch date now. 3 hours after launch lol. I'm so fucking pissed. I paid it off with a Amazon gift card so I can't even go cancel it and hunt for one when the shops open cause I can't just afford £210 on a BIAB. Guess I'm not getting mine to November if they change the date to the same as ShopTo.

zulux21

Trying to fight the urge but I don't wanna wait till 2016 for a second guitar and already paid off my band in a box version... I'm seriously contemplating buying another guitar bundle and see if GS will just let me trade in the second copy of the game towards the guitar bundle.... God why am I doing this to myself!

if they won't let you trade the second copy you could always trade your first copy :p

alternatively you could sell the game on neogaf in the buy sell trade thread and likely get more.

alternatively you could hunt around thrift stores and get another guitar that way (and order an adapter if you are on the xbox)

finally, you could put out a looking for bandmate ad and find someone else who bought it and make them bring over their guitar :p

if they won't let you trade the second copy you could always trade your first copy :p

alternatively you could sell the game on neogaf in the buy sell trade thread and likely get more.

alternatively you could hunt around thrift stores and get another guitar that way (and order an adapter if you are on the xbox)

finally, you could put out a looking for bandmate ad and find someone else who bought it and make them bring over their guitar :p

I'm on PS4, and I have an old GH3 Les Paul but it doesn't work super well it gets a little wonky with the key precision on hard and expert songs. It just doesn't register them super well and I'd have to find the dongle haha. But gah I'm killing myself here trying to decide I'll more then likely cave and yeah after I hit send I realized I could dig out the game from the first box haha.

I just need it so I can eventually get my Rock Band 2 tracks in Rock Band 4, whenever they start supporting that. I just don't want to pay GameStop $30 for a used copy or $20 on Amazon though. It seems a little bit much just so I can play Float On in RB4.

Thanks though! I'll still try and see if one of my buddies has it and can let me borrow it.

Just do what I'm going to do. Buy and return rock band 3, you only need it long enough to redeem your rock band 2 code.

Moatman

I just started a gamefly free trial to rent Rock Band 3 but that's not a title available for rental apparently. Free trial cancelled.

I did the same exact thing for a ps3 copy, when I did a google search for RB3 it said "limited availability" until I signed up for the trial, then said unrentable...cancelled immediately. I ended up getting a used copy from gamestop online for $30 after none of the local ones had it either. I can't believe they are so rare!

My band in the box should be arriving from Amazon tomorrow. Then I have to try to remember what DLC I bought before, or will the game itself figure that out and download it once I have it? Whatever. We'll make it happen.

Shark Attack are back on the road!

Gleethor

There's a Green Day Rock Band Export Pack in the PSN store on PS4 right now, so I wonder if some exports are making launch after all.

And Rock Band 4 is now officially released! Enjoy it guys, it's been along time since the last one. I gotta wait just a bit longer to play. But it'll be worth it.

I pulled the trigger.

I have everything on playstation (maybe 30-40 songs) but I got the xbone verson. I just don't see myself getting a ps4 till a slim version.

Ugh $100 dollars down the drain. lol

Well I'm screwed. Amazon have been telling me since June 23rd I'll get it on release day and they've emailed me at 3am to say they can't give me a dispatch date now. 3 hours after launch lol. I'm so fucking pissed. I paid it off with a Amazon gift card so I can't even go cancel it and hunt for one when the shops open cause I can't just afford £210 on a BIAB. Guess I'm not getting mine to November if they change the date to the same as ShopTo.

That's really bad. I'm sorry to hear it :( Happened to me with Smash 4 and sucked hard. Tends to happen sometimes with stock problems and just isn't doled out fairly at all - some people can order a day before it comes out and get it and early orders can get stuffed. It's a rare place where Amazon can be absolutely terrible. Talk to someone on Amazon chat or over the phone when you get a chance and see if you can get any details and see if they can do anything about it.

Top Bottom