• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Just went through all the sale songs and picked up way more than I thought I would haha. I wish it was tomorrow, can't wait!!

Kolma

Why do I need to export RB2 to RB3 then?

I need Harmonix to release a chart or something, this stuff is a little confusing

Because the code on the RB2 manual was for the 20 bonus tracks(after using a special site), you need to input that same code into RB3 export menu to export it IIRC

Arelaz

Got it a day early, thanks UPS guy!

Anyway, the game is pretty fun, but calibration is hell as usual. I need to play with it a lot and fine-tune it..

Played some guitar and drums ..

It seems that with drums, fast bass pedal notes don't register. Something like double bass? Misses every time. I'm assuming this is an issue with the Mad Catz PS4 drums, not with the engine, but I have no way to test that.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
We should add eachother's gamertags / psn so we can compare scores!

Gamertag: PAULINK

So excited, fed ex is going to deliver mine tomorrow morning :D

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Got it a day early, thanks UPS guy!

Anyway, the game is pretty fun, but calibration is hell as usual. I need to play with it a lot and fine-tune it..

Played some guitar and drums ..

It seems that with drums, fast bass pedal notes don't register. Something like double bass? Misses every time. I'm assuming this is an issue with the Mad Catz PS4 drums, not with the engine, but I have no way to test that.

There's never been double bass in Rock Band except on RBN.

Well Amazon really dropped the ball Pre-ordered the game and adapter for Xbone a month ago. Not shipped. No info. Fuck em!

Got the digital preorder with 12 free songs! Getting adapter only from Amazon in two days. Supposedly. I may just go shopping tomorrow.

Quick tip!

For people who are trying to nab the last few things from this sale

INSTALL ROCK BAND BLITZ

The music store works REALLY nicely in the game, rather than the standalone one.

Got a good 80% of my DLC downloaded just waiting on them to unlock packs to be downloaded since it just shows unavailable for the individual songs and have my exports for RB, RB2, and RB Green Day just waiting for the day.

Personally I like at least over half of the current set list lots of really good classic rock songs and decent newer stuff and I'm sure I'll learn to love the stuff that is unknown to me once I play em enough.

So this was a new one to me if you own Rock Band Blitz on PS3 will you just have the songs available to you on PS4? Or will there be an export like with RB1,2 and GD?

Woffls

GameTrailers are streaming this now on twitch.tv/gametrailers

Currently dressed up as Dark Souls characters. Most of them can actually sing as well.

Kolma

I'm kinda curious just HOW RB1 export would work on RB4.
What if Xbox Live Gold was required so you can upload all the rb1 songs to the cloud (Since they are save files and not DLC)
Then make RB1 BC, and have it download the "saves" from the cloud, followed by RB4 checking that folder.

There's never been double bass in Rock Band except on RBN.

Maybe full charts, yes, but Harmonix has gotten progressively more liberal with charting double bass sections with one foot. They're doable though so it's not a big deal, can just be tiring in some songs.

robotrock

Banned
Trying to get my friends to lend me a copy of rock band 3 but it looks like no one owns this game. Is that why it took five years to get Rock Band 4

Damn, that looks like a fun song. It also doesn't hurt that the song itself is awesome.

And just went through and got what I wanted off 360. I swear some stuff went up in price over the weekend, but it might just be my exhaustion talking.

So ready for the game tomorrow...if Best Buy gets it. I will hit up Meijer and other places before BB opens. If I can snag a controller adapter I might just get the game digitally and not care about the GCU discount at BB and tell them to stick it with their preorder bullshit and not getting to me on launch day.

Kolma

Nope. 30 bucks.
Just bought a ps3 copy today

$25 on 360.. also when the hell did that happen?
Glad I own 2 copies of it :D
One version is EA launch copy (well prelaunch review copy)
Second version is Madcatz version that came with my Pro Mustang Guitar

I'm almost done with installing all my DLC, just some of the track packs were causing troulbe (RB Vol 2 which I forgot I received a code for back in the day). Hopefully this gets fixed soonish.

Lady Gaia

Glad I own 2 copies of it

Only two? The 360 pressings were on incredibly fragile. My first one cracked badly enough that it wouldn't load and I picked up a second copy. Then I saw that others had been through many copies with the same problem and picked it up digitally when it was on sale for $20. So now I own three copies, all on the 360. Am I going to have to pick up a fourth for the PS4 import should that come to pass?

Kolma

Only two? The 360 pressings were on incredibly fragile. My first one cracked badly enough that it wouldn't load and I picked up a second copy. Then I saw that others had been through many copies with the same problem and picked it up digitally when it was on sale for $20. So now I own three copies, all on the 360. Am I going to have to pick up a fourth for the PS4 import should that come to pass?

Well my EA disc is the only one I use so it's all cracked and chipped in the center but... It was my most played game... it basically lived in the console.
I only opened the MC copy because I thought the RHCP dlc code would be inside the case but then I found it in the box afterwards lol

Syriel

So I can't buy Rock band DLC on xbox.com using existing credit on my account?

It refuses to let me. It constantly is trying to use my debit card. :|

Great! And I am disconnected from the rock band song store every 30 seconds.

This unpleasant experience just keeps getting worse :(

Alright, just got my disconnect from the 360 store. BAH! Wish I could use the gift card balance online.

If you know what you want you can try to find it in the 360's DLC page for Rock Band 3. It's not pretty, but it works.

Otherwise, plan on not being connected to the store for more than two minutes. I ended up going through the sale pages and making note of what I wanted, then heading back in on a speed buying run to get everything.

Trying to get my friends to lend me a copy of rock band 3 but it looks like no one owns this game. Is that why it took five years to get Rock Band 4

The older EA disc version of RB3 on Xbox 360 is in demand because it can be used to play customs on a stock retail 360.

The Madcatz version cannot.

That said, RB3 is $20 as a GoD title. If a store is asking more than that for a disc, just do the digital download thing. Plus, if the digital version is on your account, if a RB3 export ever becomes a thing, you should be covered.

ViciousDS

Banned
If you know what you want you can try to find it in the 360's DLC page for Rock Band 3. It's not pretty, but it works.

Otherwise, plan on not being connected to the store for more than two minutes. I ended up going through the sale pages and making note of what I wanted, then heading back in on a speed buying run to get everything.

The older EA disc version of RB3 on Xbox 360 is in demand because it can be used to play customs on a stock retail 360.

The Madcatz version cannot.

That said, RB3 is $20 as a GoD title. If a store is asking more than that for a disc, just do the digital download thing. Plus, if the digital version is on your account, if a RB3 export ever becomes a thing, you should be covered.

scratches head...........you sure? I swear that any version could run customs.....they found a trick to make the game think any song you put onto the HDD was an import.....its probably the biggest reason imports this time are taking longer. Because they were not DRM protected and people tricked the system and its what allowed shit loads of DLC to be pirated.

edit: OH, madcatz is the Games on demand version....thats interesting.

Kolma

scratches head...........you sure? I swear that any version could run customs.....they found a trick to make the game think any song you put onto the HDD was an import.....its probably the biggest reason imports this time are taking longer. Because they were not DRM protected and people tricked the system and its what allowed shit loads of DLC to be pirated.

edit: OH, madcatz is the Games on demand version....thats interesting.

It was fixed in a patch, the MadCatz version has the patch built in, same with the GOD version.

ViciousDS

Banned
I'm really worried about getting the NXE, I can't seem to opt out either

Did you at least make sure all new data gets installed to the external drive before downloading your DLC? That's what I did so that way if you need to revert back you won't lose everything you downloaded

Urgh. Going through to download more old stuff I had for years and some still shows I need to purchase it. Some Ozzy songs show I bought them, some don't. Strangely enough, it is my most played stuff like Mr. Crowley that still don't say I bought it. BAH!

And looks like the stuff that was free or preorder bonus long ago, like the Doors pack, don't show as purchased on XBO.

Hopefully it gets sorted out this weekend, because I don't want to keep trawling through the online store checking over and over again. I just want to roll through as few times as possible and be done.

Top Bottom