• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Do any of the songs in the game have bass solos? Hell, have they even kept bass solos in the game? They only existed in DLC during the RB3 era, and even then in not too many songs, just wondering if they were still in RB4.

Amazon UK don't seem to want to ship my game/wireless adaptor pack. Booo

Unless they've specifically said that you're not going to get it until later on in the week I'd hold off until tomorrow before making any judgements. I've been ready to moan multiple times about pre-orders not saying that they've been dispatched only to receive them on release date.

Just as an update, my stuff got shipped out around 9pm. A little late for me to be comfortable but y'know. It's on the way. Hope yours has or will be getting out the warehouse soon!

nope :/ I ordered the BIAB on June 23rd and paid it off two weeks ago too. I hope it ships overnight and gets here tomorrow.

Posted this in the wrong thread a second ago but where would be the best place to preorder the drum/guitar bundle without having to wait a week for shipping? I impulsively decided I need this in my life even if no one else wants to play it with me anymore, but nowhere seems to be accepting preorders for in store pickup tomorrow.

Yaari

I bought the Rock Band 1 Export Key and Rock Band Blitz, but where are the songs? Can't find them...

Not available and it could be a while until they are.

Bought the Guitar Bundle from Germany. Hopefully I'll have it this week but at this point I'm not too hopeful anymore.

Matteoj8

So looking at the original Rock Band DLC on my PS3, and a few songs are still .99

If I buy these I should be able to play them tonight right?

So goddamn hype for tomorrow. The first few guitar hero games turned me onto rock music, and then Rock Band just made me fall in love with music, period. All my old gear is worn and half working/broken at this point, so new gear + a ton of new tracks + finally having all my dlc stored AT THE SAME TIME on my 2TB HDD is gonna be awesome.

Southcott

Guys any recommendations of some classic / fun songs that are worth a download - not bothered if in sale or not.

I've got a fairly decent amount of DLC already but looking to add.

Thanks!

So looking at the original Rock Band DLC on my PS3, and a few songs are still .99

If I buy these I should be able to play them tonight right?

Theoretically.

Guys any recommendations of some classic / fun songs that are worth a download - not bothered if in sale or not.

I've got a fairly decent amount of DLC already but looking to add.

Thanks!

Man, don't get me started. Or if you want to get me started, pretty much everything by Rush is great. Also the first two Grateful Dead packs. We'll start there.

Xeroblade

Anybody know if I can just turn on a Xbox One controller and connect headphones to it while using the legacy adapter to play through the night?

Guitar Bundle from the Microsoft Store, legacy adapter from Amazon, neither have shipped :(

Seems like my luck with preorders shipping on time this year has been terrible.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I think you can use a midi pro adapter on ps4

I don't have it here with me to check, but I don't remember the 360 module having a MIDI port.
And simple trigger -> MIDI devices like Alesis Trigger I/O seem to be discontinued. Full drum brains start at around $200. Add the cost of the MIDI adapter and I'm at the amount that I paid for my whole drum setup. (which is far, far beyond stock Ions)

If you play guitar and don't mind playing violin parts, Icarus - Borne on Wings of Steel (Live) by Kansas. So much fun.
I had that whenever I still had my 360 and I completely agree - super fun song. I think I may get something I know so it's good for parties. I already got the RB1 export, Moving Pictures, and Dr. Feelgood.

Also, just making sure: whenever I do get the game, even though I bought songs on the PS3 and never played them in another RB game still means I just have to redownload them on PS4, right? Or does no one know yet?

Joeku

I don't suppose anyone in Canada has found somewhere to actually order an Xbone legacy adapter? I have too many old instruments to not use them.

I had that whenever I still had my 360 and I completely agree - super fun song. I think I may get something I know so it's good for parties. I already got the RB1 export, Moving Pictures, and Dr. Feelgood.

Also, just making sure: whenever I do get the game, even though I bought songs on the PS3 and never played them in another RB game still means I just have to redownload them on PS4, right? Or does no one know yet?
Yes, you gotta hit up the redownload. Get The Hellion/Electric Eye, ita a fun song all around

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
So I played Warriors of Rock for a bit since, well, it came with the guitar, and wow it sucks. The tracklist just makes me depressed and charting is all over the place in the first two tiers. Also the sound quality is terrible. Save me HMX!

The guitar is pretty sweet though.

Kolma

So i noticed Gay Bar (delisted song I own)
Has changed from 1.99 to Bundle Only.
It seems all delisted DLC is bundle only now.
But if they are in fact part of a bundle.. you can still buy that bundle!

Is anyone with the game able to download their delisted songs from RB4 itself even though it shows Bundle Only or $1.99 on the console store
(Xbox One btw)

So I played Warriors of Rock for a bit since, well, it came with the guitar, and wow it sucks. The tracklist just makes me depressed and charting is all over the place in the first two tiers. Also the sound quality is terrible. Save me HMX!

The guitar is pretty sweet though.

I quite enjoyed Warriors of Rock, but yeah, it doesn't hold a candle to Rock Band 2 onwards.

Joeku

Before it's double the price should I pick up the Creedence Clearwater Revival pack? I already have Fortunate Son but $10 is a lot better than $20 and I vaguely remember hearing the rest of the pack is good for guitar / drums. True?

iiicon

I hope the disc export songs come sooner than later. I just had a quick look at my DLC history, and most of my library is tied up on those discs. Obviously I solved this by purchasing more last minute DLC.

Any recommendations for a cheap mic? I wouldn't mind trying out singing this time, but all of my headsets are wireless. I'm buying in Canada, which probably makes a difference.

Before it's double the price should I pick up the Creedence Clearwater Revival pack? I already have Fortunate Son but $10 is a lot better than $20 and I vaguely remember hearing the rest of the pack is good for guitar / drums. True?

It's a fun pack, lots of classic songs. Also, the version of Fortunate Son in the pack is the original studio recording, not a cover made for the game like the version that came out at RB1's launch.

chunk3rvd

Quoting from the other thread.....

Just a quick reminder for everyone planning on using cymbals.
While the rb3 cymbals work on rb2,3 and rb4 drum sets. The rb4 cymbals will only work on rb4 drums

I recently grabbed a LE Beatles set for PS3 as a cheap way to be ready for RB4. Always fancied adding the cymbals at some point and this post makes me realise that I'm now in a constantly shrinking market for some RB 2/3 cymbals!

Just wondering - if I see Wii/360 cymbals on eBay, they'll still work on my PS3 right? Get the impression they're universal as the pro-cymbal packaging mentions all 3 consoles?

Joeku

It's a fun pack, lots of classic songs. Also, the version of Fortunate Son in the pack is the original studio recording, not a cover made for the game like the version that came out at RB1's launch.

I never got the cover, only the original that came out with the pack because I was on a Vietnam kick. The only other song I know at all from the set is Born on the Bayou.

Is this one of the packs that is only good if you really know the songs, though, or is it straight-up fun regardless?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I already purchase it for XB1 but I won't really be able to play it until they make the pro MIDI adapter compatible or release a new one.

Hopefully that's at least in the works.

I never got the cover, only the original that came out with the pack because I was on a Vietnam kick. The only other song I know at all from the set is Born on the Bayou.

Is this one of the packs that is only good if you really know the songs, though, or is it straight-up fun regardless?

I didn't know many of the songs in the pack by name when I got it. Songs are easy but fun.

Joeku

I already purchase it for XB1 but I won't really be able to play it until they make the pro MIDI adapter compatible or release a new one.

Hopefully that's at least in the works.
God, I hope they can get the go-ahead to just let it work from MS. I have a $1200 electronic drum set I played the game with on the 360 and I would fucking hate if it never worked on XB1. I'd rather not juggle systems to keep playing drums.
I didn't know many of the songs in the pack by name when I got it. Songs are easy but fun.

Got it. Will get. Thanks for the insight.

ViciousDS

Banned
Best Buy

Rock band 4 cymbals

Enter

No results

Ok

Amazon

Rock band 4 cymbals

Enter

No results

200w.gif

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I swear to God if I come home from work tomorrow and the legacy DLC isn't available on EU PSN I'll play Warriors of Rock some more >:[

Ya I've never got a straight answer or an answer period I don't think on this. If I have Rock Band 2 + manual with the code, do I have to buy RB3 and can I import it into that or do I still have to call EA for some reason?

You have to call EA. Its a stupidly messed up system. The code thats on the manual will redeem for the 20 bonus tracks (maybe? I don't know if this still works as I redeemed it at launch) you used to then enter that same code into the harmonix website where it would generate a second code for the export key.
Harmonix have removed that page from their website now so you need to go straight to EA and ask for the code and pray you get someone good. It seems to be totally random, the first couple of attempts I made the Customer Service people were responding in broken english and just kept saying it's not an EA game. Third time I got someone super helpful who generated a couple of different codes and waited while I entered them to ensure they worked.

Top Bottom