• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Animators and Modelers Thread!

DD

Little project made with Blender as a homage to the Cassini space craft.

wethealiens33cahx.png

DD

This took me more time than it probably should have (1 week, perks of being a noob). I made it for the r/low_poly montly contest inspired by one of Hiroshi Nagai's paintings, with a bit of my own twist to it, all with Blender. I tried to evoke a bit of that Sega flair with their racing games.

untitled23vhshu.png

EDIT: Dammit, my monitor was too bright and my original scene was too dark. I just reuploaded and it's fixed now.

nded

Oh hey, cool thread. I haven't done any 3D modeling in a while, but here's some stuff I made when I was a poor university student trying to squeeze as much as I could get out of Sketchup and whatever free software I could get my hands on.

DD

This took me more time than it probably should have (1 week, perks of being a noob). I made it for the r/low_poly montly contest inspired by one of Hiroshi Nagai's paintings, with a bit of my own twist to it, all with Blender. I tried to evoke a bit of that Sega flair with their racing games.

untitled23vhshu.png

EDIT: Dammit, my monitor was too bright and my original scene was too dark. I just reuploaded and it's fixed now.

I decided to convert this scene to a high poly version, just to practice:

untitled27vcj8g.png

EDIT: I decided to add a fake sky to it. See what you think:

untitled31wqzgx.png

DD

Another little scene made with Blender 3D. One week of work again (same as the last one), but I tried to raise the bar for the second one (not sure if successful :p)

untitled175gjy5y.png

redlemon

Has anyone experience with online courses? I feel like I need structures learning since I like it when I'm modeling but I often feel paralised on what to do.

I'm looking at CGMA and it seems quite comprehensive? Ideally I'm looking for something that incorporates personal work into the course itself and not just modeling exactly what the teacher is modeling.

Yason

Neo Member
Don't now if this thread is still active? But here goes anyway.
For a stop motion animation course I'm following I made this video.
I used so called collage stop motion technique with a green screen for background effect later.

Using paper cut out, some nuts and autumn fruits, I tried to make a space battle scene.
Feedback is appreciated :messenger_grinning:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Don't now if this thread is still active? But here goes anyway.
For a stop motion animation course I'm following I made this video.
I used so called collage stop motion technique with a green screen for background effect later.

Using paper cut out, some nuts and autumn fruits, I tried to make a space battle scene.
Feedback is appreciated :messenger_grinning:

Nice work! ❤

Also, thanks for reviving this thread...I didn't know it existed! I'll have to post some of my pixel animation later.

Yason

Neo Member
Ok, I finished my animation course I followed for 4 evenings in december. After that I had this idea for a small clip about Trump and Putin.
Imagine they would have a dinner together, what would happen?

Because with the cut-out (collage) animation technique I learned it is possible to use pictures of real life people and events and so I wanted to experiment with that. It's my first experiment with pictures of real figures so I ran into some problems.
It is really not near perfect, my background didn't work as intended so I left it white. The timing is also a bit fast, so maybe you should view the clip a second time :) to get everything . And perhaps the next time I should work with larger cut-outs so I have better control of all the tiny cut-out pieces of paper.

Feedback is however still appreciated!

Top Bottom