• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 5's Leaked Xbox 360 Data Reveals PC, PS4 Build Code

viveks86

Well we seen footage from TLG and Sony said it's still in development. As for Agent, I don't think R* ever mention anything about that game and Sony doesn't even know what is up with it.

Yes. That's why I had to add "imagined" in my sentence :)

On a positive note, they did renew the trademark for the game a couple of months back. And there are insiders claiming it's still being worked on. But that's all we have got.

Crayons

Banned
Where is that PS4 gif

Edit:

ibzG4p2WboFlCL.gif

metabanderasps45tuxx.gif

TheHater

Yes. That's why I had to add "imagined" in my sentence :)

On a positive note, they did renew the trademark for the game a couple of months back. And there are insiders claiming it's still being worked on. But that's all we have got.

oh really 0_O
I have hope again

goldensnake

Neo Member
I already have it preordered but if I knew it was only 1-2 months away, I would probably wait. But 2014 seems more likely, can't wait that long :)

tensuke

Absolutely getting it on PC for the mods, but I may go PS4 too if the PC port suffers at release, or on the off chance it's released first. Or, heck, just because GTA V looks awesome and this is the kind of game I don't mind double dipping for.

Ploid 3.0

They are dead to me if they release the pc version after a potential next-gen console version.

If they keep spitting on the PC players like that it'll only turn them into what they think them to be. They would have played the game so much that they wouldn't need to buy the game.

Rockstar: PC users don't buy games. Skyrim was a fluke.

Bailers

I don't understand the people that intentionally double dip. Save your money, you'll get it eventually. Maybe I'm just getting older and wiser. *shrugs*

It takes a lot of will power to pass up the nice packaging I was planning on getting for this. Not having any time until October makes it easier, but more "evidence" I'd a PS4 version settles it.

Okay guys on a scale of 1 to 10 what is the chance of a PC version is now anything but confirmed?

Doesn't really change anything. Its a multi-platform engine. It will have multi-platform code.

And to say R*, one of the grandest video game developers, is not committed to next gen is shooting themselves in the foot. That explains the Orbis code.

I can't wait to see GTA5 modded on PC, some crazy ENB or rather Textures and other tricks. Enb seem to be weird lately.

I don't know if it's been said already, but if --hypothetically -- the next gen version of GTAV was console exclusive to PS4 (even if it's timed), could that be how R* settled their LA Noire/Agent debt with Sony?

For Sony's help funding LAN, R* promises them an entirely exclusive new title (Agent). That project falls through (at least for the time being) and R* stills retains a standing debt to Sony. They refuse to let GTAV be anything less than multiplatform, but Sony proposes R* withholds the inevitable next gen version from their competitor's platform and they're square.

R* gets to settle their debt with technical upgrades to a game they already made that still gets to come out on PC anyway (and that likely already sold millions upon millions of copies on current gen) and Sony gets their big ticket R* exclusive and a serious draw for the mainstream on their new console (even if most have played it already).

This is all bearing in mind when I say "exclusive" that could simply mean "timed" as well.

I'm not saying I'm sure this is what's happening, but what do you guys think? Is it at least possible? I've been thinking about R*s debt to Sony a lot recently, and I definitely do not think that simply showing all the promotional materials on PS3 and offering a bundle is close to even.

EDIT: Okay, so after reading through the thread more I'm definitely not the only person to suggest this. Hahaha. And, I want to clarify, I don't think this means that Agent is dead, only that it wasn't coming anytime soon (it's been years already) and maybe R* was more comfortable with this deal (it'd still be 4 platforms!) than restricting their new IP to a limited audience. :/ ??

GavinGT

Banned
Okay guys on a scale of 1 to 10 what is the chance of a PC version is now anything but confirmed?

Pretty damn high. Why go to all the effort to make such a detailed, lovingly crafted game and then make it only available for old-ass consoles that can barely run it?

My guess is withholding the PC version for a while was a financial decision. They figure they can get more people to buy the console version right away rather than losing a bunch of sales to PC piracy. And they can get the honest customers to buy it twice by purchasing both versions.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Pretty damn high. Why go to all the effort to make such a detailed, lovingly crafted game and then make it only available for old-ass consoles that can barely run it?

My guess is withholding the PC version for a while was a financial decision. They figure they can get more people to buy the console version right away rather than losing a bunch of sales to PC piracy. And they can get the honest customers to buy it twice by purchasing both versions.

I've theorised in the past that Max Payne 3's near-simultaneous PS360-PC release was R* testing the waters thereof and since the game fell short of expectations, the decision was made to have GTAV PC follow in the footsteps of GTAIV PC.

You guys know its so easy to copy paste the XML to notepad, ctrl+F to find the word "platform", change the platform mentioned into "orbiz", copy and paste it again to pastebin right?

Right?

nbthedude

I was already fairly committed to waiting for the PC version. Plenty else to play in the meantime between Rayman Legends, Outlast, Amnesia, Batman etc.

But this solidifed it for me. All these people saying they will double or triple dip that is the exact reason they delay the improved versions. Suckers with no self control.

GavinGT

Banned
am i the only one who thinks gtav looks good on the current gen consoles? like, fuck all this stuff.

From what I've heard, it looks great when you're standing still or just walking around. But once you get moving fast, you notice the lack of AA and it gets super framey.

tensuke

am i the only one who thinks gtav looks good on the current gen consoles? like, fuck all this stuff.

Sure it looks great, but it'd look better on next-gen consoles and certainly much better on PC (check GTA IV ENB mods for that). No reason to hate on other versions of the game.

MormaPope

Banned
I hope all this "will" and "when" talk amounts to GTA V not being ported to PC or PS4/Xbone, but to the grandfather, the motherfucking OG, OUYA.

Fjordson

Not surprising. Will double dip on PC (maybe PS4 if I have one).

From what I've heard, it looks great when you're standing still or just walking around. But once you get moving fast, you notice the lack of AA and it gets super framey.
Not at all. Game is really solid FPS-wise.

rouken

no reason not to get it now either. the streams show that it's very playable on current gen consoles. and if there's a game that deserves double dipping, it's this one.

maneil99

You guys think 4 codes of line cannot be faked? Isn't it weird that R* would refer to the PS4 as orbis, a codename that was tagged to rumors that were completely false? A name that never once was confirmed. What about the fact that nobody else has posted this. lol

Hip Hop

no reason not to get it now either. the streams show that it's very playable on current gen consoles. and if there's a game that deserves double dipping, it's this one.

It deserves triple dipping,

Getting it for current gen, next gen, and PC.

Top Bottom