• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 5's Leaked Xbox 360 Data Reveals PC, PS4 Build Code

I'll buy a PS4 version if it's cross-platform compatible with either the PS3 or PC version for GTA Online.

Otherwise, I guess I'll be happy with my PS3 version and the eventual PC version.

LCGeek

formerly sane
This doesn't surprise me in the slightest, as I've seen saying it's a no-brainer to bring to next-gen consoles if they're bringing it to PC. And I expect they will time the release with the PC version.

Hopefully for once this means the PC version won't suck so bad in terms of how it runs on the hardware.

Pre-order canceled.

....is what I would say if I was a crazy person. I'll do the logical thing and double dip like all the logical, sane, cool kids will.

nib95

Banned
Will double dip for the PS4 version if the game is excellent, which by all accounts it looks like it will be.

What about an Xbox One/Durango version?

A week ago I would of believed this.

Now, after watching some of the leaked footage, It looks like
WAYYYYYYY too much work to bring this to next gen.

That said, its enough confirmation to wait. Something about GTA feels too much like......A TV show, especially when compared to the pure gamers game in Saints row 4. Im not saying its bad, in fact I think its excellent, but I have no desire to play day one, especially how fast its going to come down in price.

If the PS4 version doesn't appear by xmas, ill have a cutprice 360 version to play. Win/win.

Will double dip on the Xbox 360 and Xbox One version, and PC version if this isn't fake and true.

Come on Rockstar! Let me experience GTA V in 1080p 60 frames beauty!

-PXG-

Shit. I mean. It's really no secret that this game would be on PC at some point. It was only a matter of when. I do want to wait and get it on a superior platform. Plus, I already have a shit ton of games to play anyway. I'm on the fence. Still, it does look fun as hell and a huge improvement I over IV. I don't think I could hold out for too long.

RoKKeR

Can't say I'm surprised. No way they talk about the next gen versions, it would cannibalize current gen sales.

I'm betting we get official word early next year on next gen and PC.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
It was already the front runner for the reduced price double dip program both MS and Sony were talking about.

Who thought this wasn't going to happen? seriously...

oneils

Kind of silly to point to amazon listings as any sort of proof. None of this is convincing evidence, to me anyway.

RDR trailers looked much better than the game and we never saw a PC version. So, graphically impressive trailers are not evidence of anything.

Next we have the code. They kind of explain it away, themselves. Lots of games do this and you never see them on the other platform.

Better to just wait and see rather than to see evidence that doesn't really exist.

so what are the chances this "leak" is fake?

an alleged Pastebin file containing an XML of the config file for the Xbox 360 version of GTA

could someone not make that all up? why would it say orbis and not PS4?

Tsundere

Banned
Well, one was a new IP that probably never made it out of pre-production (i.e., worthless) and the other is among the best selling game franchises in the world so... probably not good.

Yep, I'm well aware of about the difference between a non-game and one of the most decorated franchises in gaming. I'm just thinking that for R*, the port is rather simple and being exclusive to one next-gen platform doesn't really "hurt" them.

LtOrange

Wish they would just announce it already. A lot of people would double dip anyways if the release is 6+ months out. I wonder how much longer we will have to wait.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I wish there was a way I could play the PS3 version for free... And then buy the PS4 one.

DukeBobby

Can't say I'm surprised. No way they talk about the next gen versions, it would cannibalize current gen sales.

I'm betting we get official word early next year on next gen and PC.

I really doubt it. Most people aren't willing to wait that long.

MercuryLS

Banned
I'll buy a PS4 version if it's cross-platform compatible with either the PS3 or PC version for GTA Online.

Otherwise, I guess I'll be happy with my PS3 version and the eventual PC version.

Yeah, I want to be able to carry my progress over.

oneils

I don't understand the people that intentionally double dip. Save your money, you'll get it eventually. Maybe I'm just getting older and wiser. *shrugs*

There have been several games that I have played through multiple times. Doing this on new or improved platforms would be worth the extra money to me.

SparkTR

Kind of silly to point to amazon listings as any sort of proof. None of this is convincing evidence, to me anyway.

RDR trailers looked much better than the game and we never saw a PC version. So, graphically impressive trailers are not evidence of anything.

Next we have the code. They kind of explain it away, themselves. Lots of games do this and you never see them on the other platform.

Better to just wait and see rather than to see evidence that doesn't really exist.

The most convincing thing is this job listing. If they are getting more staff for PC development, then it would also mean a higher chance for next gen ports.

Elginer

Where is that PS4 gif

Edit:

ibzG4p2WboFlCL.gif

Awww yeah baby, day one on the PS4!!

viveks86

Haha! Interesting! I had already decided to wait for 6 months just in case any such announcement is made. GTA games have long legs, so I don't think I'd miss out on anything if I pick it up later. Meanwhile, there is enough on current and next gen to keep me busy!

Fingers crossed. This better be true!

Top Bottom