• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

brinstar

No, there is a small recap at the beginning but you miss a lot of stuff.

Already beat the story mode in Revelator, 2h 30m, I liked it but is a dick move to give us only half of the story now and the rest later.

any.... any chance of you ripping Raven's theme? ;w;

OrochiJR

Will the three DLC characters be available at launch or are they released afterwards? Any word on what they will cost?

I'm still playing GG Xrd but I'll buy that one next month!

I have a question about the online, is it region locked like Xrd ?

I have never played Guilty Gear XRD. How's the game and the learning curve? Will there be a physical copy of REVELATOR that's coming out in US or is it only digital?

Korigama

Apparently, you can unlock Elphelt's old outfit!
Certainly would be welcome.
Will the three DLC characters be available at launch or are they released afterwards? Any word on what they will cost?
According to the OP, NA players will be able to download Kum Haehyun, Raven, and the Eclipse Set character color pack for free from June 7th to the 21st, with it being possible to share DLC between PS3 and PS4 versions. Nothing mentioned by Arc about how Dizzy's release will be handled for any given territory as of yet.

Based on how they handled things with Elphelt back in -SIGN-, who was free to NA players for a month when that launched, you'll probably wind up paying $8 for Kum if you miss getting her for free, and probably less for Raven since he can be unlocked in-game (much like Sin back in the previous game).
I have never played Guilty Gear XRD. How's the game and the learning curve? Will there be a physical copy of REVELATOR that's coming out in US or is it only digital?
Xrd -SIGN-'s quite good. Fairly simple to learn the basics with a wide variety of characters to suit individual playstyle preferences, with some characters (i.e., Ky) easier to pick up than others (i.e., Zato-1). US release will be physical and digital, PS4 version going for $59.99 and PS3 for $49.99, which were also the prices for Xrd- SIGN- at launch.

Slaythe

I'm still playing GG Xrd but I'll buy that one next month!

I have a question about the online, is it region locked like Xrd ?

Xrd was not region locked, therefore Revelator is not region locked either.

What happened is that they released a broken european version that was not updated. So that version of the game couldn't play with players with the updated version.

That won't happen again this time, for Europe.

Slaythe

No Baiken no buy. She's coincidentally the only one I'm good at, historically.
eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8xODQ2NjU0NjM0MTY5NDY2ODgvMTg1MDg3Mjk3MzEyNTIyMjQxL0NqVUh5NG5VZ0FJMDI3aS5qcGcifQ.QoxYTT2RYgfDbOlNcLBefolpOUU.jpg

wuth

Im fairly positive Baiken's jubblies have always been prominently and freely flopping about throughout the series.

Yup. Now if they gave her a short skit and made it fly over her head every time she jumped, then I'd say we've lost the character.

SoldnerKei

More importantly, yay or nay on the
eyepatch
?

nay for me, I always loved the eye scar. Good thing she is somewhat in, wouldn't mind her as DLC tbh.

And yeah, Baiken has always been fem Kenshin with big bwebs, no surprise. Kinda dig this design, except the eyepatch of course.

Skilletor

Now where's my Raven training mode info? :-O

Well there you go. She also seems prettier - I've never taken Baiken to be a pretty girl, but more of a hardened mature woman.

Same, especially with her pretty deep, grizzled voice.

Probably won't see her until the next update, though. :/

brinstar

The GG characters have been depicted in all sorts of manners over the years. The Xrd style just makes everyone look sleek and pretty.

The GG characters have been depicted in all sorts of manners over the years. The Xrd style just makes everyone look sleek and pretty.
yea, Xrd just has an extra sheen to it. Baiken looks mostly the same, but the shininess modifies it a bit, as does the eyepatch instead of the scar

Bebpo

Banned
Hmmm, man I really want this after completing Sign's story mode and really enjoying it (better than a lot of anime!).

Kind of disappointed to hear Rev's story is 1/2 the length of Sign's and 1/2 a story. Sign was a nice complete story. That combined with
Baiken
being pretty much confirmed for entry in the next game, almost makes me want to skip this one and pick up the next.

Will still get it, but man even Dizzy not being available day 1 is a bummer since she's the one new character I'm looking forward to in Rev as she was one of my mains in XX. Hope we don't have to wait too long.

wwm0nkey

Hmmm, man I really want this after completing Sign's story mode and really enjoying it (better than a lot of anime!).

Kind of disappointed to hear Rev's story is 1/2 the length of Sign's and 1/2 a story. Sign was a nice complete story. That combined with
Baiken
being pretty much confirmed for entry in the next game, almost makes me want to skip this one and pick up the next.

Will still get it, but man even Dizzy not being available day 1 is a bummer since she's the one new character I'm looking forward to in Rev as she was one of my mains in XX. Hope we don't have to wait too long.

The other half of the story is going to be free DLC

Slaythe

May I know why people complain about that half story ?

You're gonna get the next part of the story FOR FREE later.

It's not like you need it day one to enjoy it ?

It's not even interactive it's literally like an anime OAV. The game has a ton of content anyway.

I'm not saying you shouldn't care about the story, but you ARE getting the full thing anyway. Just not instantly. And you do get half of it right now unlike SFV.

Also, this is a niche game. Yes we have to pay 60 bucks again for the new revisions, but the quality in the title is literally outstanding, they're one of the rare companies that still put out this kind of content, with that quality, so sadly the only thing we can do is support it.

For instance, this won't have an english dub. Because Sign bombed overseas. And the european release nightmare didn't help. (overpriced, over half a year late, broken and outdated never patched)

JayEH

It's not even interactive it's literally like an anime OAV. The game has a ton of content anyway.

I'm not saying you shouldn't care about the story, but you ARE getting the full thing anyway. Just not instantly. And you do get half of it right now unlike SFV.

Also, this is a niche game. Yes we have to pay 60 bucks again for the new revisions, but the quality in the title is literally outstanding, they're one of the rare companies that still put out this kind of content, with that quality, so sadly the only thing we can do is support it.

For instance, this won't have an english dub. Because Sign bombed overseas. And the european release nightmare didn't help. (overpriced, over half a year late, broken and outdated never patched)

I wasn't aware this wouldn't have a dub. That's disappointing it was good. Wasn't aware that sign bombed but I guess that explains why you can still buy the limited edition directly from Amazon lol.

Korigama

First I've heard of there not being an English dub (wouldn't be even remotely surprised about the game bombing in the US, though, given how limited the shipments already were at launch). I would've sooner expected them not to bother with another dub based on just how poorly one in -SIGN- turned out, which was quite surprising given how well Aksys have handled the ones for BlazBlue.

Bebpo

Banned
The other half of the story is going to be free DLC

Oh, I didn't know this. Weird. Is it just not finished? I'm ok with this I guess. Hope it comes out in a reasonable time. Might hold off on watching the story mode until it's done and just play the gameplay.

Also,
c'mon, Robo-Ky before all the good original characters we're still missing like Zappa? Hmmm, maybe it's because I don't use Robo-Ky so he just seems like a joke clone and waste of a slot.

Korigama

Oh, I didn't know this. Weird. Is it just not finished? I'm ok with this I guess. Hope it comes out in a reasonable time. Might hold off on watching the story mode until it's done and just play the gameplay.

Also,
c'mon, Robo-Ky before all the good original characters we're still missing like Zappa? Hmmm, maybe it's because I don't use Robo-Ky so he just seems like a joke clone and waste of a slot.
They already showed Zappa (decided against spoiler tagging this detail, since it already said it in the title for that thread).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1207350

brinstar

Also,

Robo-Ky doesn't play anything like Ky. He's hilarious yeah, but he's been a unique character since Reload.

Bebpo

Banned
Yesssssss

Dizzy/Zappa/Baiken were my mains in XX, so I should be real happy by the next entry.

Wait, Zappa looks really...boring? Wtf, I hope his design is way better when he's playable.

Sign's dub was kind of shit for the most part, so no big deal on that. Sucks that it bombed though.

Top Bottom