• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideki Kamiya annoyed on twitter, tells fanboy to use his own brain

daffy

Banned
Nickoten said:
Good god, the chance to interview the mind behind some of the best games of the last couple generations and it's just of shit about meaningless plots that no one cares about. It sounds like he didn't really want to learn anything about Kamiya, just a bunch of trivia about stuff that will never matter.
I agree. Twitter is generally a horrible place when gamers find out developers are on there.

Don't let these senior members get to you, their post counts make them crankier.

that's one priceless interview

"Is Dante hunting devils to take revenge on his brother and his mother?
HK: I said you must play DMC first and THINK."

ahhhahahahah poor child

Vamphuntr

I'm more wondering why do they think this is relevant to discuss. We don't have any new stuff to add about this since it's quite old.

Lijik

ixix said:
Oh hell's bells. Swery on Twitter means that it's Query Swery time all the time.

I remember way back when Spy Fiction came out he wrote this kind of insane article thingy about how he was training to be a Buddhist monk but then decided to work at SNK instead because it was close to his house.

I love Swery.
Im glad this thread was bumped because I would have missed yet another reason why swery is my favorite japanese dev.

Dude is just plain awesome.

Nickoten said:
Good god, the chance to interview the mind behind some of the best games of the last couple generations and it's just of shit about meaningless plots that no one cares about. It sounds like he didn't really want to learn anything about Kamiya, just a bunch of trivia about stuff that will never matter.
How the hell did you even find this thread?

Azure J

This whole thing is amazing, and I'm so glad I got to read through the thread and those twitter responses. "Use your own brain" is a goddamned classic. :lol

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Lijik said:
Im glad this thread was bumped because I would have missed yet another reason why swery is my favorite japanese dev.

Dude is just plain awesome.
Swery follows me on twitter. I know he's probably just doing the thing where he follows everyone who follows him... But still, I felt like the fuckin man when I saw that notification!

Mik2121

Jesus, I was checking out Kamiya's twitter and he's sending tweets every few minutes. Same with Hideo Kojima. What's up with these guys? Do they ever make games? :p

PSYGN

Mik2121 said:
Jesus, I was checking out Kamiya's twitter and he's sending tweets every few minutes. Same with Hideo Kojima. What's up with these guys? Do they ever make games? :p

They tell others what to do and tweet like a boss.

Deadly

Crazy how much Kamiya tweets :lol. Plus it's hilarious how every time somebody asks about Bayonetta 2 he links to the previous tweet who asked the same and so on.

Monocle

Deadly said:
Crazy how much Kamiya tweets :lol. Plus it's hilarious how every time somebody asks about Bayonetta 2 he links to the previous tweet who asked the same and so on.
Lol, I just followed that chain all the way back to his original answer. Kamiya's the man.

Capcom is unbelievably inept not to let him develop their next DMC game. He's expressed interest more than once.

midonnay

PG_kamiya 神谷英樹 Hideki Kamiya
No. RT @The_Baconbitz:
@PG_kamiya Are you a member of the
gaming forum neogaf? There is someone on there with your avatar.

:(

Nothing especialiy. RT @PRIDE_Japan: What do you think of the
graphics of Zelda Wii U

Nickoten

Neo Member
Neuromancer said:
How the hell did you even find this thread?

Was trying to find the Bayonetta thread, which I remembered had Kamiya in the name, and stumbled across this, haha. Also considering I can't search on here to find my own posts, I have to use the google search bar to find topics I was looking at before. This sometimes shows me other interesting topics.

mattp

i basically check twitter everyday just to read kamiya's responses to people. he's the fucking best
i laugh at something he says at least once a day

i'm cute, how about you?

Haunted

Ether_Snake said:
WHY ARE JUNIORS CONSTANTLY BUMPING OLD THREADS?

Are you guys reading Neogaf backward or something?

START AT PAGE 1!
It's always the threads that caused them to sign up. The month delay between sign up and acceptance are the reason for bumps.

True story.

mattp

we should repurpose this thread to just post great kamiya tweets as they posts them. it will eventually become the greatest catalog of quotes ever

Nickoten

Neo Member
Ok. RT @Solid_Sergei: you are awesome!I said it many times but still:Bayonetta is one of the best games I ever played in my life! I LOVE IT!

Solid Sergei must have been at least a little disappointed. :(

midonnay said:
Nothing especialiy. RT @PRIDE_Japan: What do you think of the
graphics of Zelda Wii U
Not surprising, I remember Kamiya (or someone who worked on Okami at least) expressing disappointment at the style of Twilight Princess.

Angry Fork

Nickoten said:
Solid Sergei must have been at least a little disappointed. :(
I was just about to post this haha. I found this one interesting though:

Sounds fun. RT @xxzealotxx: @PG_kamiya would u consider making a Bayonetta port to the PSP 2?

Also this video is amazing:

Wonderful! RT @kenjiharimaCU: @PG_kamiya Have you seen this video of Dante and Bayonetta? http://bit.ly/lHpZgJ

mattp

If U're a massive fan, google it first. RT @adamesat better yet, perhaps a portfolio website, that would be awesome :D I'm an aspiring character models, and does he/she have a twitter?

I know. RT @DecaboSniw: @PG_kamiya Good morning, Kamiya-san. You are awesome.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
haha, Kamiya seems to have gotten into the habit of responding to every "What about Bayonetta 2?" question by linking back to the last time he got asked. I'm currently trying to follow it all the way back lol

EDIT:

Here we go, from Jan. 13th:

I want to know that, too. RT @vgarabia: Anyway, when we can hear or see more about Bayonetta 2?​

mattp

this was, by far, one of my favorite recent kamiya twitter conversions

Why? RT @afaninneed: @PG_kamiya Hideki-san, you should always work with Mikami-san!

The ship with too may captains climbs the mountain. Japanese saying. RT @afaninneed: @PG_kamiya Cuz' you both are legends!

Whatever. RT @SilverShion: @PG_kamiya i think is "The ship with too many captains sink the ship "

ezekial45

Banned
mattp said:

Why? RT @afaninneed: @PG_kamiya Hideki-san, you should always work with Mikami-san!

The ship with too may captains climbs the mountain. Japanese saying. RT @afaninneed: @PG_kamiya Cuz' you both are legends!

Whatever. RT @SilverShion: @PG_kamiya i think is "The ship with too many captains sink the ship "

Haha, i liked his version better.

mr_nothin

Banned
This interview reminds me of all the fanboys in the DmC thread.
That's how you guys sound.

"OMG, Dante...Pizza....'YEEEAAAA!'"

mattp

considering how often he responds to twitter messages i feel like there's got to be a way to convince him to sign up here

Timber

mattp said:

:D

Top Bottom