• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

Messi

I am really not a fan of legacy numbering. I would never have gotten back into comics if they had legacy numbering.

Ross61

DC x Looney Tunes crossovers. More info coming soon....

Jonah Hex. Yosemite Sam.
Martian Manhunter. Marvin the Martian.
Lobo. The Road Runner.
Batman. Elmer Fudd.

DCLooneyTunes1.jpg

DCLooneyTunes2.jpg

DCLooneyTunes3.jpg

DCLooneyTunes4.jpg

MG310

Tax return arrived....time to do bad things. Put aside 300 for my Switch preorder,paid some bills and spending the rest.

So far I have Bishoujo Zatanna and the Batman Animated Girl's Night Out boxet in the cart.

I don't come in here and hype books anymore as I usually get disappointed by the very books I hype be it delays, creative team changes, tons of filler. This could very well happen to this book but I feel I must give it the praise it deserves in only 2 issues, but God Country is amazing.

TheFlow

Banned
I don't come in here and hype books anymore as I usually get disappointed by the very books I hype be it delays, creative team changes, tons of filler. This could very well happen to this book but I feel I must give it the praise it deserves in only 2 issues, but God Country is amazing.

you sold me on a issue.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Sam Cap - Fantastic issue. Have been a bit bored by it recently, but that has reeled me back in.

Ultimates2 - So,
Galactus is back
?

Seems that way, but I'm thinking it's short term, if anything.

Logos doesn't seem all that stable as an entity, and may not be as powerful as he claims to be. The new issue seems to go out of it's way to paint Logos as not only wrong, but extremely limited in the scope of what it views as acceptable.

Also, the overall arc seems to be dealing with how to free eternity from whatever has imprisoned it, and I don't know how well that works with a more limited, "classic" galactus.

also: really interesting that the Ultimates has put the NeverQueen in the official hierarchy. I didn't think we'd see that thing outside of Silver Surfer. That's the second time Slott's Surfer series has become an important plot point.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Seems that way, but I'm thinking it's short term, if anything.

Logos doesn't seem all that stable as an entity, and may not be as powerful as he claims to be. The new issue seems to go out of it's way to paint Logos as not only wrong, but extremely limited in the scope of what it views as acceptable.

Also, the overall arc seems to be dealing with how to free eternity from whatever has imprisoned it, and I don't know how well that works with a more limited, "classic" galactus.

also: really interesting that the Ultimates has put the NeverQueen in the official hierarchy. I didn't think we'd see that thing outside of Silver Surfer. That's the second time Slott's Surfer series has become an important plot point.

I'm glad she's been included, I liked her in Silver Surfer.

I love Ultimates atm, fantastic book

MartyStu

Tradd Moore is drawing Venom 150.
Dope, but as the discussion earlier in the thread revealed: good art can't save a boring book. At least, not for long.
I am really not a fan of legacy numbering. I would never have gotten back into comics if they had legacy numbering.
I like it, but I think the real desire for it now is that people are sick of constant relaunches. They hurt more than they help, especially since, most of the time it seems like people will continue the story as if the relauch didn't matter (Geoff Johns did it for Green Lantern when the New 52 happened). It's confusing for new readers (my LCS owner cited Spider-Gwen as a big one for his store) as well.

I mean, Al Ewing got wrecked by pointless relaunches on his books: Mighty Avengers became All-New Captain America and the Mighty Avengers; Ultimates became Ultimates^2; and New Avengers became U.S.Avengers (but that one seems way less stupid as the others). At least they renamed Al's books though. The same courtesy is not extended to others.

I'm glad she's been included, I liked her in Silver Surfer.

I love Ultimates atm, fantastic book

100% agree. Ultimates is doing EXTREMELY interesting things with the cosmic tier that's been more or less neglected since...hmm....always?

ALSO: I noticed this, but I'm not sure anyone else did.

Things might be about to get interesting.

100% agree. Ultimates is doing EXTREMELY interesting things with the cosmic tier that's been more or less neglected since...hmm....always?

ALSO: I noticed this, but I'm not sure anyone else did.

Things might be about to get interesting.

The Prober?

Now that's one guy to watch out for.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
QUOTE=KoruptData;230455963]I don't come in here and hype books anymore as I usually get disappointed by the very books I hype be it delays, creative team changes, tons of filler. This could very well happen to this book but I feel I must give it the praise it deserves in only 2 issues, but God Country is amazing.[/QUOTE]

you sold me on a issue.

I'm gonna check this out pretty soon as well.

If I remember right God Country is gonna be a mini series so it should be finished out with no real problems.

Messi

Eva Bell is gone isn't she :(. I have a tinge of sadness everytime I look at my original art of her returning to our time but grown up :(

Top Bottom