• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

Messi

TheFlow

Banned
Detective is the best rebirth book by a long shot pre Batwoman. Now Batwoman is the best rebirth book because Margurite.

--

I would KILL to see Eva come back and ether Scott again. Tag Beast on the way out too.
Woah now. Detective is top 5.

Messi

Woah now. Detective is top 5.

You can't have a top 5 when you don't have 5 good books

3o6Ztmv88Qr9fkhlW8.gif

TheFlow

Banned
Are Titans, Teen Titans or Red Hood worth reading?
Titans yes due to to relevant plot and the original Titans. Downside art and some issues reported to be boring.

Red hood fuck yes. Great art, action panels and dialog between characters rock. Downside bizarro red hood going through the whole "am I good or bad thing"

Teen Titans starts off good then the art change along with cliche plot line is meh. Pick it up at #6 for a new story and aqualad. Plus they will fight deathstroke soon

Best rebirth books

Green arrow
Superman
Nightlong
Newsuperman
Detective

MartyStu

I would put Superman over Detective personally.

Hmm. Close call, but I think 'tec barely inches it for me.

That said, I definitely would not fight someone on which is the better book. They are both great.

I think Super Sons and Batwoman both have more potential though.

Sandfox

Titans yes due to to relevant plot and the original Titans. Downside art and some issues reported to be boring.

Red hood fuck yes. Great art, action panels and dialog between characters rock. Downside bizarro red hood going through the whole "am I good or bad thing"

Teen Titans starts off good then the art change along with cliche plot line is meh. Pick it up at #6 for a new story and aqualad. Plus they will fight deathstroke soon

Best rebirth books

Green arrow
Superman
Nightlong
Newsuperman
Detective
That's fair for a Dick Grayson book.

Best rebirth books

Green arrow
Superman
Nightlong
Newsuperman
Detective

Thanks

Comics are so good right now. Wow. I am into both the big 2 (obvs Image and indies are always killing it). I never used to do DC because I couldn't get into grimdark Nu 52. But now I'm reading Batwoman (YUS), Superman, Super-Sons and Wild Storm. I was also reading Clean Room until recently.

Though I don't know for certain I... will stick with The Wild Storm. I could barely understand it, y'all. As someone new to the series, I couldn't really follow.

Marvel has a lot of great books, too. Just good times all around right now.

caliph95

I think that comes from the fact that he posted the spread on tumblr and nothing else.

There's a preview for the FCBD story out and it looks like current Spider-Man to me.

Oh then i hope it just a dumb rumor because people expect it to be Bendis, he should just stay writing Iron man and JJ and leave everything else alone.

I don't think that's right but also I could be wrong.

Thats what Cates told me. Could be misremembering but I think it'll be a pretty short run. Was a bit surprised since it seemed to be a big hit already, but he said he wasn't a fan of doing a long series from a story initially paced out over 5-7 issues

Owzers

I don't feel attached to comics right now, DC and marvel announcements are like new snipers in Overwatch, they aren't going to involve me.

Thats what Cates told me. Could be misremembering but I think it'll be a pretty short run. Was a bit surprised since it seemed to be a big hit already, but he said he wasn't a fan of doing a long series from a story initially paced out over 5-7 issues

You are right. After searching the net with no luck. He answered it on Twitter. Just 6 issues.

mreddie

Weren't they in New Avengers, it's weird they are not in USAvengers, i guess no one cared about them.

Ewing said he picked people for US that made sense.

Songbird got picked up for Thunderbolts. And you thank that's bad?

Avengers Academy, the Initiative, Gravity, Patriot, Ultra Girl...etc.

Those people are like the Nexus, no one made it from that group sans one.

Top Bottom