• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

froliq

yes that'll do

Should be getting a new phone tomorrow. Do I carry this over with the code or would backing it up be handier?

JoeFu

Banned
yes that'll do

Should be getting a new phone tomorrow. Do I carry this over with the code or would backing it up be handier?

Code would be best probably? I have no idea as I haven't had to transfer. But from what people have said it seems to work well enough. Not even sure if you can backup.

froliq

I can't FC EX songs ;_;

I suppose it wouldn't matter since I'm not doing anything with my current phone. Can do whatever until it works.

m0t0k1

Lol Motok thought we might last a week there :p

I use the Sony Gold headphones, though they have also started to get uncomfortable for me, maybe I need to shrink my head...

Yeah new game new OT. We have a new game yet they treat us unfair. ahh well like you said we'll stay here and be a family lol ohana means family.

tumblr_maesmbmekW1rt2432.gif

JoeFu

Banned
Watched a bit of the fight club thing. Can't understand anything, but those drawings by Umi's VA are awesome.

Omg the Hono Hono Hooooo, followed by Umi Umi Uuu was amazing

So i started playing this yesterday when OT was in gaming :)

I've got a few questions:

- what friends do in this game ?
- why when i choose supporter value of friend points gained varies from 0 to 10 ?
- what's the best way to farm gold ( I went on idolising spree yesterday :) )
- if I'm doing green song does the only team score that matters is green one or having high secondary atributes also helps ?

And finally what's a good tactic for events ? I can barely A-rank "Navigtors" on easy but I really want that green reward card as I only have N green cards so my pure team doesn't have any good leader.

m0t0k1

Oh so that's where Tasteless (Starcraft community personality) got that from. I thought he was just wrong since I knew what it meant in Japanese >_>

This song is so good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8Nq8dDq-2E#t=91

Yeah i guess its Hawaiian or however you write that :p. But it is only used for blood related family. So that adds some weight excepting stitch as their own :D i guess. Yeah i love that song when does it come to the game? Or did i not unlock it yet?

Lol this

Is awful out of context.

You know gestures means different things in different cultures right? I guess its their sign to take off or something? For example doing a thumbs up sign in Saudi Arabia or any other Arab country. I believe the same goes for west Africa. is the same as sticking up your middle finger in USA. So the lesson in this is to not always reflect things back to your own culture.

JoeFu

Banned
Motoki she was just going choreography for start dash haha. I think they were talking about how emitan(?) Is so short compared to mimorin(?) and it just looked like the you know haha.

m0t0k1

Friends give you extra points towards getting higher scores so if your base points of a green team is 10000 for example if you add a friend it can add up to 12000 when playing the song. Non friends give less points so youll get a 11000 points. The rarity of the friend or random also depends on how much extra points you get for the team.

- why when i choose supporter value of friend points gained varies from 0 to 10 ?

you can spend those friend points in the shop. if you choose a friend youll get `10 extra and for a random you get 0 extra. You can see how many friendpoints you have on the shop page. Its those hands.

Best way is to get high rankings in songs but if that is still to hard. Best way early game is to sell idols you don't use. for example if you have a normal card 5 times you could sell 4 and use 1 for idolization

- if I'm doing green song does the only team score that matters is green one or having high secondary atributes also helps ?

No the secondary do not help. Best is just to create 3 teams each for their matching songs.

And finally what's a good tactic for events ? I can barely A-rank "Navigtors" on easy but I really want that green reward card as I only have N green cards so my pure team doesn't have any good leader.

In the beginning of the game you should not focus on getting high ranks since its litterly impossible to do. even if you get a full combo. You should focus on making strong teams and getting S combos so you get better at the game so you can play more difficult songs which give better rewards. If you get better cards you can come back and S=rank the songs

Also welcome hope this helps a bit :)

froliq

- Increases your attributes when you select them for a song. For example a pure UR will boost your pure stat by the most then SR then N.
- Using your friends gives you 10 friend points. This is daily only so they it changes to 0 after you've used them for the day.
- Max bond your idolized idols and view their story. Max their bond by playing songs with them.
- Only primary attribute matters.
- No real tactics involved, just play a lot. If you're new it might be rough to get the card, but play, learn and improve and be ready for the next event.

JoeFu

Banned
i just lost 25 LP after app crashed after completing the song
:|

Join the club. Like everybody in this thread has had that happen. It's worse when it crashes after taking 45 tokens

And yes I've had the game crash after finishing an event song.

tsuntsun_Hime

Neo Member

I started playing the day before kotori's event started and I was worried I wouldn't be able to get her.

My advice is rake up tokens from the songs you can finish, practice on the non event songs til you get in the groove.

Only focus on leveling your green team, some greens have higher attributes start with those, and don't neglect to do regular student scouting since you can get Rares from there. Oh and some other color rares may even have higher pure than some of the green normies.

keep your tokens til you are decent in the game and have some levels on your green team and try again. should be able to S rank FC them

Its what I did and I could only S/S Normal, but I got her. Rawr

Marche90

Join the club. Like everybody in this thread has had that happen. It's worse when it crashes after taking 45 tokens

And yes I've had the game crash after finishing an event song.

I shudder when I think this might happen to someone using 180 tokens.

Holy crap, I pray no one here has such rotten luck.

Aw, crap, top of the page. Will post a picture later, since I'm on my phone right now

Here, have a Nozomi

IhmWGQO.png

Thank You all.

Also if I S ranked song in score and combo is there any point in grinding it to maximum reward for number of times I cleared it ? I mean those really easy 1-2 star songs.

Mokoi

Banned
Thank You all.

Also if I S ranked song in score and combo is there any point in grinding it to maximum reward for number of times I cleared it ? I mean those really easy 1-2 star songs.

If you play a song X number of times you get one free loveca for doing so. You can check the rewards by holding down on the songs picture to see how many times you have to play it for the loveca.

Edit: Actually for the easy songs it seems that you only get friend points, but for the hard songs you get the loveca.
----
Bokura wa Ima no Naka de, just may be the hardest EX song I've played.

tsuntsun_Hime

Neo Member
Thank You all.

Personally I would keep progressing with harder songs and not idle on those songs ( since you want to grind for Rin that is) higher difficulty songs give more cash, higher level card reward, exp, and tokens!

redhairedking

It was the opposite for me, I thought they were comfy at first but now I can't stand them. I think I need some headphones with real big earpieces.

We're home! We are a community, aren't we, a family?

----

Anyway I unlocked the solo songs in BiBi SIP. I ran through the story real quick to try some things, and I let the characters pick the song, outfit, and stage. Then I did the feature during the songs about three times with each character (one character per song) and that unlocked them! The dance move that Pile does during the chorus of Darling! doesn't translate very well to the game, it was a little jerky looking.

Also we need Shangri-la Shower outfits themed Rares. Hurry up with those Korekara no Someday Rares Klab!

pics of the outfits from SIP, spoiler tagged just in case for those of you who don't want to see them yet :p

I'm loving those outfits, I just wish the models were less bleh

Mokoi

Banned
Play more EX songs in JP! I have a feeling Kitto Seishun ga Kikoeru EX will be harder though.

But I do play the EX songs in JP! I just can't seem to figure out the note timing with this song, so all I keep getting are goods. I feel no rhythm with this song I guess.

Edit: Easy songs are too slow!

Himemiya

Friends give you extra points towards getting higher scores so if your base points of a green team is 10000 for example if you add a friend it can add up to 12000 when playing the song. Non friends give less points so youll get a 11000 points. The rarity of the friend or random also depends on how much extra points you get for the team.

motoki just so you know this isn't true. URs will give you the same boost no matter their level (out of 80 or 100), skill (unless it's a promo), and if they're on your friends list or not, I just tested it in the EN version. In JP it might be different.

m0t0k1

motoki just so you know this isn't true. URs will give you the same boost no matter their level (out of 80 or 100), skill (unless it's a promo), and if they're on your friends list or not, I just tested it in the EN version. In JP it might be different.

Yeah i was wrong on the first part The only difference is how much fp you will get. What does make a difference and what confused me is how many rare cards you get in your friends or random team. The more Rare or higher cards he has how more points you get. An example.

burd friend level 80:
burd random level 80:
same score 7497.

But:
friend maki a bit lower level then burd and a random.
even lower nico

Also same score: 7708

So why the difference is how many points added. If you got more Rare cards youll give more points right. Of have i been thinking about this wrong and based on bond points?

tsuntsun_Hime

Neo Member
Yeah i was wrong on the first part The only difference is how much fp you will get. What does make a difference and what confused me is how many rare cards you get in your friends or random team. The more Rare or higher cards he has how more points you get. An example.

burd friend level 80:

burd random level 80:

same score 7497.

But:
friend maki a bit lower level then burd and a random.

even lower nico

Also same score: 7708

So why the difference is how many points added. If you got more Rare cards youll give more points right. Of have i been thinking about this wrong and based on bond points?

I'm assuming it might have to do with.
Kotori center skill is Smile Angel Increases Smile points based on Pure points.
Maki center skill Smile Princess. Increases Smile points by a lot.
Nico center skill Smile Princess. Increases Smile points by a lot.

m0t0k1

I'm assuming it might have to do with.
Kotori center skill is Smile Angel Increases Smile points based on Pure points.
Maki center skill Smile Princess. Increases Smile points by a lot.
Nico center skill Smile Princess. Increases Smile points by a lot.

Yeah the "off color" URs who raise a stat based on the character's main stat don't seem to give as much as boost as a "real" Cool/Smile/Pure UR

Mazre's Maki gives more than that Honoka who raises Cool based on Smile.

Ahh i finally understand this now thanks guys! Its based on their effect.

Himemiya

Looks like that really is just in the JP version...and we in EN won't have to deal with that till some later URs come and switch the skills up ><

Hachitora

My game crashed on the event song ;_;
For once, I am not despairing.

Not only managed to FC EX Wonderful Rush, I decided to try my luck with 3 single pulls and it went decently. I didn't get a UR, but, hey, I'm not complaining:

Not too bad. All you guys are making me wanna do single draws, but I know all I'll get is despair...

Top Bottom