• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty Gunvolt Burst |OT| Made by creators, not a businessman

jennetics

This is the first time I've heard of this game! It looks great! Exactly what I thought MN9 would be when it was first announced.

Great job on the OT, OP!

colinp

Banned
Per the Nintendo download thread:

http://inticreates.com/mighty-gunvolt-burst-ver-1-1-for-north-american-3ds-patch-udpate/

To our 3DS Mighty Gunvolt Burst players in North America, we sincerely apologize for the issue with the update file and DLC not appearing in the eShop when it was supposed to.

We worked with Nintendo of America to fix the problem, and can say with 100% certainly that the patch will be on the eShop when it updates on August 3rd at 9am Pacific Time.

Since the patch will be releasing one week later than anticipated, the free download period for Ekoro on the North American 3DS eShop will start on August 3rd and go for two weeks from that date through August 16th. Please note that this extension of the free download period only applies to the 3DS in North America, and nowhere else.

Tendo

Maybe I'm just off my retro edge but the boss of the second stage, capitol city, is really giving me a run for my money as Beck. Is there a trick or weakness to him I am missing? Or is it supposed to be very long and drawn out?

And do I need to start a new file for each character or can I switch in my main save?

RM8

Welp, this game is fantastic. How come two of my GOTY contenders so far are Inti Creates 3DS retro platformers? Lol. Loving this so much.

jonno394

Welp, this game is fantastic. How come two of my GOTY contenders so far are Inti Creates 3DS retro platformers? Lol. Loving this so much.

In a couple weeks you might have 3 seeing as the Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack is releasing on Switch then :p

RM8

In a couple weeks you might have 3 seeing as the Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack is releasing on Switch then :p
I actually don't like Azure Striker Gunvolt that much. I never finished the first game so I didn't bother with the sequel :x I'm glad I got the first Mighty Gunvolt for free, though!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Holy shit this game is amazing! It reminds me both of Megaman and X.

is Ekoro the only DLC character so far?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Rats, I need help with one component. The Crawler trajectory is in the Power Plant but I've rummaged that place and can't find it. Any idea where it is?

Also is Gunvolt really just limited to dart for projectile effect? Mighty has fucking many projectile effect types!

correojon

Bought this yesterday and after beating the first 8 levels several times the game threw an error message and forced me to restart the Switch. After doing so, my data had been wiped...WHICH WAS THE PERFECT EXCUSE TO REPLAY EVERYTHING AGAIN FROM 0! :D

I´m loving this game, it´s a classic Mega Man on the surface but there´s so much more to it once you start playing. The weapon customization was a bit hard to grasp at first but it soon clicked and I´m having a lot of fun making different loadouts. The level design is superb, levels are fun to revisit with different loadouts to try new things, go for speedrun records or get missing stuff. Movement and controls are great and bossfights are engaging and provide just the right challenge. The only weakpoint I see is that bossfights may be too hard at the beginning, when your weapon is weak, you have limited movement options and the bosses hit hard. I just ate some food to get through the first fights, but I can see this scaring away some players. Also, the burst mechanic feels a bit out of place, it´s great for challenging yourself, but it feels like the game gives it more importance than it really has. It would´ve been nice if enemies would drop larger CP upgrades the bigger your burst combo was, that would´ve been a nice way to encourage using the system.

Thanks GAF, I had this game on my "to play" list due to all the great things I´ve read about it here, you were spot on. It´s a really cool game!

plufim

So it seems v1.2 is out. Any idea what it does?

Edit: Japan just got Call and Joule DLC for 200 yen. We should get it shortly then.

DLC chatacters are up on the eShop but disappointingly aren't free for existing owners of the game.

True, but they ARE dirt cheap :p

I do kind of wish the characters mixed the game up more than they do. It feels like they have a predictable pattern of having an air move you want asap, damage reduction and then the same bullet up, bullet speed up and whatnot with a few things here and there that differ. The big change between them mostly being their special ability and their air-move for the most part :eek:

That and Gunvolt has only one fucking projectile design.

Haha, yeah, though he does compensate a lil by having the most interesting special.
Actually... I think only Beck has more than one projectile design. Ekoro only gets arrows and so far Roll only seems to have her lil blaster shot from the game (albeit not as rubbish as it was in MN09). Not tried Joule yet, but I'll get to her once Call's run is done :p

GeekyDad

LTTP on this. Past up on the first one, but the DLC characters looked cute, so I gave this a try. It's HARD AS FUCK! I know I suck. Never have been good at the older Mega Man games. But it is fun, and I love the idea of being able to customize various elements of the game. So cute, runs really good so far on 3DS.

Top Bottom