• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic announced for 9/29, $80, 21 games, has Star Fox 2 [more units than NESC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

linkboy

I'm so picking this up for the FX games, since they don't work with my SD2SNES.

I wonder if those are full SNES controller ports, which means you can use original SNES controllers (and 8bitdo's bluetooth adapter, even though they'll probably make one).

Sephzilla

The lack of Chrono Trigger, Mega Man X2, and Donkey Kong Country 2 definitely hurt the desire to want this. Mario All-Stars would have been a decent inclusion as well

PSA: Star Fox 2 is garbage.

I say this as someone who is a HUGE fan of the first one.

The finished game is significantly different from the prototype ROM out on the internet. One of the devs mentioned it in an interview with Nintendo Life a couple of years back.

Besides, the prototype is fucking awesome. I'm getting the SNES Classic just for the finished version of it.

Fox Mulder

Activate the scalper bat signal. Good luck even seeing one.

Would have liked a NES classic, but said fuck it and made a RetroPie. The scalpers can have all these too.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
If this just had Chrono Trigger it would be perfect. I hope they produce enough for me to find one as is.

Seems to be missing some key titles. They could have easily shipped with 30 games like the NES Classic. Hell, they could make it to 50 without having a single less-than-great game.

Not a huge fan of Star Fox, so there's not really any reason for me to consider this, as I already have almost all of these on VC.

I'm mostly interested in what they're going to do to avoid the stock problems experienced with the NES Classic. I think everyone besides the scalpers would agree that was some proper bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom