• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lyn announced for Fire Emblem Warriors (releases October 20)

Golnei

I have to agree those shorts really do look out of place and poorly added on. They should of just given her a pair of panties and be done with it or do what they did for Palutena in smash where they gave her shorts with side slits so you can't see them when standing normally.

A high-rise leotard would have been perfectly okay - it would maintain the original costume without being excessively revealing, as well as matching with her visible dark undershirt as potentially the same item of clothing.

The Palutena solution would also have worked:

PalutenaShorts.png

-something like that would have satisfied their requirements, but not visibly altered the original design.

Cryxok

I have Brave Lyn, Bride Lyn, and Lyn.

Just need one new version to run an all Lyn team with no duplicates.

Funnily enough, I'm only missing regular Lyn lol

I always liked Lyn animations but I guess I'm just indiferent to most protagonists. I often find secondary chars more interesting or appealing. Glad she is in for her many fans tho.

Hero

She has a fantastic story that is concisely told. Her mother was the Princess of Caelin, her father a nomad from the plains hired to be her bodyguard. They fell in love and eloped to the plains where Lyn was born and raised among her father's tribe. Her mother's father, the Marquis of Caelin, was enraged by this and never reached out to them again.

When Lyn was still young her tribe and her parents were massacred, leaving her the last of her kind. Meanwhile, her grandfather the Marquis fell ill and regretted his long estrangement from a granddaughter he had never met. He sent men to find Lyn and bring her to Caelin so he could see her before he died. But then, taking advantage of the Marquis' weakened state, his scheming brother plotted to seize the throne by having Lyn assassinated on her way there.

Her campaign is about fighting her way back through her mother's homeland, not because she wants to rule Caelin, but so that she can meet the only family she has left in the world.

Also she has incredible crit animations.

65-lyncrit2.gif

She's noble by blood but doesn't know how to be anything other than a nomad. She's not shackled by duty, but she follows her heart and lets nothing stand in her way. It's impossible not to root for her. Lyn and Ike are definitely the most unique and likable Lords in the franchise; it's no coincidence that they were the poll winners.

Hmmm you know what yeah that does look better.

Lyn and Ike are definitely the most likable Lords in the franchise. While they aren't perfect, they never seem to act irrationally or are dumb/incompetent for things to happen in a plot.

"Pick a god and pray." best line.

Nohar

No Vaida no buy

We already have one borderline crazy wyvern rider (Camilla). Vaida would be rather redundant. Though, well, she sobers up quickly after her power high.

Although, I wouldn't mind seeing more characters from FE7. Hector is a must-have, but besides him we have Athos (every musou needs a badass old guy), Serra (that girl is entertaining, to say the least), Pent (all other sages pale in comparison: you are on a rescue map to rescue him, and if left alone, he pretty much solo the map in which you are supposed to rescue him), Raven and Lucius (they would make a great battle couple - yes, Lucius is a guy). And of course Matthew and Jaffar (best assassin of the franchise - sorry Volke). And Nino. Honorable mention: Hawkeye (so-so character, but great design; he isn't that important, but still got an unique and awesome sprite in the game).
From the enemy's side, we could have Nergal make a return, but also Lloyd and Linus.

It may be the nostalgia googles talking, but Fire Emblem 7 (ie. Blazing Sword) has an amazing cast. Only Path of Radiance manages to rival it with its own characters (I prefer to ignore Radiant Dawn: this game added useless characters, and it made Soren ugly...).
With its many missions, replayability and likable cast, Fire Emblem 7 remains one of the best game of the series, although mechanically it pales in comparison to newer titles (and even older ones, like Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War - or rather "Fire Emblem: Waifus and Husbandrus system done right").

Ridley327

Isn't the design change weird when characters like Nowi(Fire Emblem) and Pyra(Xenoblade 2) exist in the world?

I imagine that they just took the easy way out on people intentionally tipping her over for upskirt shots. Not that it's going to stop them, but the goods are wrapped up like a Xmas gift, so to speak.

Draxal

I imagine that they just took the easy way out on people intentionally tipping her over for upskirt shots. Not that it's going to stop them, but the goods are wrapped up like a Xmas gift, so to speak.

That and this is probably going for a lower rating, we had Smash bros remove Tharja as a trophy for a reason.

Generally when women wear dresses with a high slit, they would wear something high cut so the underwear doesn't show through the side. I wonder if they could have tried something like 2B, where it is a leotard underneath but just have a wider back, instead of the thong that she has. Though I guess people will still find that pretty risque.

Golnei

That and this is probably going for a lower rating, we had Smash bros remove Tharja as a trophy for a reason.

But at the same time, there's Lyn herself in Smash and the Palutena model at the top of the page which illustrate more aesthetically pleasing directions they could have gone in. It's not the act of covering up parts of the design that's the issue, but the clumsy way in which it was done.

Generally when women wear dresses with a high slit, they would wear something high cut so the underwear doesn't show through the side. I wonder if they could have tried something like 2B, where it is a leotard underneath but just have a wider back, instead of the thong that she has. Though I guess people will still find that pretty risque.

Both of those solutions would have been far better, and been much more natural fits with the existing design.

Just thinking,MvC:Infinite fans might end up buying the FE:W collector's edition so they can use the dragon stones to replace their infinity easter eggs :p

MVC:Infinite promotional images vs actual
19-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-special-collectors-edition-infinity-st.jpg

FE:Warriors promotional and actual
warriors-dragonstone-2.jpg

RedToad64

Don't know where to put this, but...

The European eShop now has the game's file size as 13.1GB on Switch. Guess I'll be going for a boxed copy.

Ridley327

The European eShop now has the game's file size as 13.1GB on Switch. Guess I'll be going for a boxed copy.

I wonder if that bodes well for it having dual audio. We haven't gotten any news about it since July, and the Japanese eShop page strangely hasn't mentioned anything about the file size yet, so it remains to be seen.

Hazu

I'm still annoyed by the fact that this game comes out a week before Super Mario Odyssey. Really hope it sells well though.

On a tangent, but the game is 13.1 GB on switch in EU according to eShop. Guess this means the Switch version has gone gold. (well obviously must have I guess, they need all that lead time to produce and ship the carts) :3

That's quite big, then again these Musou games are usually, at least relative to the usual Nintendo game.

I'll also be getting the cartridge. It's only a month away now, I'm really looking forward to it.

What an odd thread haha!

Anyways it's good that people are really looking forward to this game. Keep it up.

I never would have noticed the shorts. You guys catch on to the strangest things. It's inspiring in a way!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
lol, and they said creepy waifu discussion was a product of Awakening.
That was always a fallacy for the older fire emblem fans to put in their cap to try to make the other games so much superior to the 3DS ones, but fire emblem had always had waifus, always had armor that doesn't make sense in an actual battlefield,always had "shipping". Even fire emblem echoed which is so lauded as not having any of that stuff still has kawaii cute and/or sexy female characters wearing short skirts and thigh highs

lol, and they said creepy waifu discussion was a product of Awakening.

There is surprisingly less fanservice in this game then there was in Hyrule Warriors. Maybe its too early to tell and you can still collect someone's breastplate in this game too.

Top Bottom