• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lyn announced for Fire Emblem Warriors (releases October 20)

Neghis

Neo Member
What are the chances BK is in as a villain? He is the most iconic villain in the series, even 3DS villains weren't able to be more popular than him.

Hope he's in the DLC but I wouldn't hold your breath for the main game. And yeah I would love it if he's the Lu Bu of this game.

NSESN

Zero on launch, 100% in dlc.

Why? We din't see almost any villain character now. And I doubt they would make villains DLC. He makes much more sense than Gangrel imo.

EDIT: Guys I mean as a enemy character, just like Cia in HW

Neghis

Neo Member
Why? We din't see almost any villain character now. And I doubt they would make villains DLC. He makes much more sense than Gangrel imo.

Not really, they're focussing on the 3ds games and Shadow dragon. Doubt Gangrel is in as well as we've already got Validar.

Lunar15

Expecting a big Tellius pack.

They really need to hurry up and remake 4/5/6 and bring them to the US so that games like this can be more about "all-stars" than about " recent games only the US played". I think that benefits fans of 7 and 9 as much as it benefits fans of the JP only games.

Draxal

I am talking about enemy characters. Even FEH used him in CYL trailler because he is the most popular.

The Cia and Volgas might be taken over by the Navarre and Tharjas in the world.

You won't have the Black Knight without Ike.

They really need to hurry up and remake 4/5/6 and bring them to the US so that games like this can be more about "all-stars" than about " recent games only the US played". I think that benefits fans of 7 and 9 as much as it benefits fans of the JP only games.

I'm expecting alot of dlc for this so I'm not to worried.

To be honest, I'm expecting a smash effect with some of the older characters from 4-6. If they get into the game.

Fandangox

I am talking about enemy characters. Even FEH used him in CYL trailler because he is the most popular.

I am expecting some unplayable bosses with unique movesets that will be made playable later, but I really doubt the Black Knight will be one of them. Unless Ike is suddenly on the base roster, it'd make no sense to have the BK without Ike, and I really doubt they would add Ike as an enemy/ally unit that you can't play as until an update.

The jiggle physics show where their focus lies. :\

lynJiggle1.gif

lynJiggle2.gif

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Why I should lyn so liked? Just wondering since I never played FE before awakening.

She's one of my favorite characters, but I don't really know why. I think part of it is that I like her design, and she was the first "lord" I met in a Fire Emblem game. She also had an awesome critical that made her seem incredibly powerful. I can't remember the writing/story of FE7, but that must have made her compelling, too.

Hindl

Why I should lyn so liked? Just wondering since I never played FE before awakening.

She's the first story of the first FE to come to the US, she's got a great design, and her character becomes ridiculous later in the game. Her crits are so stylish

Also unrelated but I really hope they bring back the custom crit animations for FE Switch. The banner with a closeup of the character's eyes in newer FEs is boring

Thud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6XtOvgQLJ0

(I just wanted an excuse to post the Durandal wielding Lyn from the FE7 prototype, don't mind me, I know your not of a positive opinion on Durandal)

This is better, because she uses it with both hands. Although one could argue why she would use a heavier blade when speed is Lyn's thing. The crits with Sol Katti look great, but the weapon sticks out a lot. Eliwood should have gotten a spear that went with his new mounted look or kept him using durandal as a two handed sword on foot.

Hector is fine because he was juggling axes before single handed or two handed for extra impact.

I think the weapon aesthetics should match the general animation and character as well.

Nohar

This is better, because she uses it with both hands. Although one could argue why she would use a heavier blade when speed is Lyn's thing. The crits with Sol Katti look great, but the weapon sticks out a lot. Eliwood should have gotten a spear that went with his new mounted look or kept him using durandal as a two handed sword on foot.

Hector is fine because he was juggling axes before single handed or two handed for extra impact.

I think the weapon aesthetics should match the general animation and character as well.

You expressed very well my own point of view on the subject. I really dislike the Sol Katti: its animation just feels... wrong, compared to the elegance of regular (critical) strikes.

A.J.

Banned
What people don't realize by only including Celica they are leaving out the most prominent SoV character.

The Cantor

CazTGG

Because she's a well-written character with stylish animation to boot, not to mention the honor of being many people's first Lord in their first Fire Emblem game. She wasn't my first but I like how heartfelt her portion of the story is, how she develops throughout it (love her response to the racist who talked about her "tainted blood") and how she's always trying to improve herself (see her second support with Hector for an amusing example).

I wonder if they are gonna doble down on lyn reconizing robin.

Robin isn't Mark.

Kaizer

Banned
So what's the general consensus on this game so far? Are people excited/hyped for it? I'm a fan of Koei's Warriors games, last one I played was One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 & I've had a hard time going back to their less colorful/zany Warriors games. I'm thinking about getting this when it comes out, but I don't really have a lot of love or history with the Fire Emblem franchise, other than playing about 20 hours of Awakening on 3DS.

Crayolan

She's the first character you meet in the first FE game released in the west, so her popularity was inevitable.

Aside from that, she's a consistently good unit throughout the game, has a great design, has really badass animations, and is a pretty fun character.

L95

I actually like the Awakening design well enough, but it makes more sense (considering the target audience of Lyn) to use her FE7 design.

...Oh yeah, outfits change a little when character promote in this game, (We've seen Rowan's promotion, he gets a few extra bells and whistles) I hope she get her blade lord dress

Top Bottom