• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Beta access if you preorder MOH: Warfighter

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
For the 78193569236th time, the regular game is $60. The Give-Us-More-Money Edition with beta access is $70.

This. People are assuming the base game will be $70 without reading up first.

sounds legit, they obviously give reasons as to what that was and explain what happened

doesnt sound like they're saving their ass with the premium purchases at all

not saying that the beta will come with MOH, but I bet its a lot closer than "in our minds"

The twitter account plays a lot of words right like "in the future" and other stuff, but they're not denying that the image was a mistake or there's no BF4 happening at all. For all we know, the term "future" here can be used loosely as in "about 3-6" months from now.

Makes me think someone jumped the gun. Of course, we're assuming that if indeed a beta comes with it that it will be available next year. What if the BF4 beta is scheduled for next year but the game itself is for 2014?

However, if BF4 does come out in 2013, then where does that leave Respawn and Insomniac, etc? EA already has its plate full.

Just in Feb 2013 alone they have Dead Space 3 and Crysis 3 releasing on the same month! No idea who gave the green lit for that. Cannibalizing your own sales is never a good thing.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
It's $70 for a "Deluxe" version of the game. Regular MOH game is still $60.

Yeah, someone posted the difference between the two. Although, to be honest, I expect DICE to hold a public beta too. That and give Premium members access immediately.

Obvious is obvious. :)

If you're buying Warfighter just for the beta, then you might have too much money. If so, want to adopt me or give me your Warfighter game? XD

For adoption, I'm a sexy beast and will make good arm candy.

BF3 has it's issues. However, ARMA 2 is a joke in many ways as well. It probably has the worst interface I've ever seen in a game. For a PC exclusive, it's graphics are pretty mediocre. The animations and general feel of gunplay is terrible. Arma 3 will hopefully bring some polish.

Agreed. I got done playing some ARMA 2 the other day and just trying to get through the obstacle course in training was a test in patience. I quit halfway through the first mission because I tired to go prone and someone got stuck and couldn't get back up no matter what. The game is definitely not for everyone.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
No regrets on BF3 or Premium. Hundreds of hours of fun. BF4 won't be out for a long time.

I find it funny that most of the people who are bitching about it here are those who don't have it, not planning on getting it or doesn't understand what it is.

Might be getting it myself down the road.

BF3's client side hit detection is horrible but you can still compensate for it and its still better than p2p.

And for those saying BF3 is BC3 you're delusional. the BC games had much better single player campaigns then BF3's. I was over joyed when I heard the news that Dave Goldfarb was leaving DICE. He's probably going to be a staff writer for Uwe Boll. BF3's SP campaign is the worst FPS campaign I've ever played.

I won't get BF4 unless its for next gen consoles, supports 64 players, and has better hit detection tho. And yes I have Premium.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
BF3's client side hit detection is horrible but you can still compensate for it and its still better than p2p.

And for those saying BF3 is BC3 you're delusional. the BC games had much better single player campaigns then BF3's. I was over joyed when I heard the news that Dave Goldfarb was leaving DICE. He's probably going to be a staff writer for Uwe Boll. BF3's SP campaign is the worst FPS campaign I've ever played.

I won't get BF4 unless its for next gen consoles, supports 64 players, and has better hit detection tho. And yes I have Premium.

Goldfarb also did BC2's SP though...

Goldfarb also did BC2's SP though...

And he was progressively getting worse. With BC2 somebody else had already given him the characters in BC1 and he turned an open world sandbox into a hallway shooter for BC2. And when he had to contrive everything for himself for BF3's SP campaign he proved himself to be incredibly inept.

BC1 was the best SP campaign the BF games have had. He was a terrible addition to the staff and him leaving has improved the company ten fold IMO.

oh EA, trying so hard to turn whatever they can into Call of Duty. Trying to stuff Linkin Park into the last MoH, and now making Battlefield a yearly series.

eff that. Battlefield 1942 is Best Battlefield. Everything after that (sans maybe Bad Company 1 ... maybe BC2) has kind of been not as amazing.

Don't you even dare comparing ARMA and BF3.

Yes, they are both games using military hardware. That's pretty much the only comparison possible.

I'm not comparing. I'm just stating the fact that BF3 is the best mp shooter out there. Its hit detection is fantastic.

I've loved my experience with BF3 on the 360, but I agree. I want to play BF4 on the next Xbox with 64 players and moar graphical hotness.

DTKT

I'm not comparing. I'm just stating the fact that BF3 is the best mp shooter out there. Its hit detection is fantastic.

We must be leaving on a different planet. If there is one thing I hate about BF3, it's the hit detection. Getting killed behind cover is probably the most frustrating thing I've ever experienced in a video game. Ever.

Sethos

Banned
I don't think even the most diehard Arma fan would tell you that Arma 2 is without issue.

Exactly, some of these people are really reading too much into it. "YOU SAY IT'S PERFECT HUH?" No?

We must be leaving on a different planet. If there is one thing I hate about BF3, it's the hit detection. Getting killed behind cover is probably the most frustrating thing I've ever experienced in a video game. Ever.

Indeed. BF3 has a lot of potential and it is a great game on a lot of points but the netcode / hit detection issue is so bad, it muddles up the entire experience in a way I've never seen before.

I'm surprised some people are willing to pretend it's great.

Indeed. BF3 has a lot of potential and it is a great game on a lot of points but the netcode / hit detection issue is so bad, it muddles up the entire experience in a way I've never seen before.

I'm surprised some people are willing to pretend it's great.

I have no problem with it, and my ~4 kd/r seems to agree. It's great.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I have no problem with it, and my ~4 kd/r seems to agree. It's great.

While I do get that "killed behind corners" thing, it's nothing major for me. Might it be due to connections more than anything? Way better than not having dedicated servers that gives the host a "fuck you" advantage.

XDfop.png

@EA_ActionMan said:
NEWS just in... bit.ly/NBFdyk pre-order #MOH Warfighter & get access to #BF4Beta :)

https://twitter.com/EA_ActionMan/status/225205110685442049

He's the UK community manager for all things EA except Sports.

The link to the actual blog itself: http://www.medalofhonor.com/en_GB/pre-order-medal-of-honor-warfighter

Cx3qN.png

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
BF3 took a slice of COD market share so EA procedes to COD'd BF? :(
We still have 3 expansion packs left!

Anyway... Day one for everything! :(

Klyka

Banned
To be fair, if Battlefield 4 comes out in, say, October 2013, that's still 2 entire years after BF3 came out. I basically play BF3 4-5 days a week and I'm not gonna stop just because in the future the new one comes out. I will definitely pick up BF4 though if it's like BF3.

I will skip BF3 Premium and go straight to BF4. I didn't like BF3 at all, it left a sour taste...I hope the next one is as good as Battlefield 1942 or Bad Company 2.

At this point I would actually love to see a full Battlefield 1942 remake.

I will skip BF3 Premium and go straight to BF4. I didn't like BF3 at all, it left a sour taste...I hope the next one is as good as Battlefield 1942 or Bad Company 2.

At this point I would actually love to see a full Battlefield 1942 remake.

I've paid for Wake Island enough times now. I think I'm done.

Top Bottom