• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Superman/Star Wars Comic Almost Happened

CazTGG

But Spider-Man would get wrecked though.

You're right, I just feel like adding more fire to jedi vs comics nonsense

Vader: Obi-Wan never told you about your uncle.
Spidey: He told me that with great power comes great responsibility!
Vader: It's a motto that I live by.
Spidey: How would you kno-wait, you must have killed him!
Vader: No, Peter. I...am Ben.
Spidey: That's not true...that's impossible!
Vader: Search your spider senses, you know it to be true!

Spider-Man proceeds to break down in real time.

Slayven

Vader: Obi-Wan never told you about your uncle.
Spidey: He told me that with great power comes great responsibility!
Vader: It's a motto that I live by.
Spidey: How would you kno-wait, you must have killed him!
Vader: No, Peter. I...am Ben.
Spidey: That's not true...that's impossible!
Vader: Search your spider senses, you know it to be true!

Spider-Man proceeds to break down in real time.

LOL Peter breaks people, not the other way around

l6DL0hJ.gif

LOL Peter breaks people, not the other way around

He'd call him tin head and then make fun of his "tragic" backstory. And his love of leather and choking, and red weapon being cliche. Then the writers would probabaly have him even throw sand at his face at one point and say "Hope you like sand", just by concidence to top it off and send Vader into complete break down.

Pfft, the obvious pedantic nerd problem here is that Star Wars happened in the distant past while Superman is a contemporary character.

Pfft, the obvious pedantic nerd problem here is that Star Wars happened in the distant past while Superman is a contemporary character.

Brainiac shrinked the whole Star Wars universe and kept it in a bottle. He has it keep to the time frame of the original trilogy, yada yada. Then he puts Superman there for funsies.

But isn't the force "magic"?

Superman isn't "weak" to magic though, he's just as vulnerable as a normal person to it but given his high will power mind tricks probably wouldn't work and when it comes to force things like the choke and whatever else it might still be significantly harder to do to him than the normal person.

Sometimes it's referred to as magic and they use terms like spells, sorcerers and witches.

That's not canon anymore. Current canon depicts the Force as a natural force of the universe. Something gravity or electromagnetism, but one that can be influence and harnessed. Its said that the Force is, well the force, the unifying force behind the fabric of reality. Avatars of the Force exist but no one knows if the Force itself is conscious.

Does Superman get more powerful the more yellow suns there are?

He can literally live in a sun and supercharge himself into ungodly levels if we accept Superman 1 million as a source we can pull from. 15 minutes of sundipping makes Supes 3 times stronger...
With two suns I can only assume he would be stronger.

Yeah and Supes could just speed blitz them, not a fair fight. Could Vader/Anakin even survive a punch from an under-powered Superman like the one on that cover? I doubt it.

I'm not too sure about their reaction speeds. Anybody know how fast their reaction speeds are and how consistent they can react at _____ speeds?

ryseing

The concept of Brainiac in Star Wars is kind of unique. Star Wars doesn't really have warmongering AIs does it?

There's droid bounty hunters, droid armies, but not a sentient Death Star!

It does, but they're in quarantine.

Highly recommend the recent Darth Vader run which covers that and some other cool stuff.

Powers are very similar. It should be an interesting matchup.

Not really, Laterns would crush that universe more then Superman would. I think the only way to make it interesting would be if the emotional spectrum of rings were lost into the Star Wars universe thanks to comic book hijinks, so Laterns have to retrieve them from Force Using Laterns.

Ascenion

Wait I thought that it wasn’t that Supes is necessarily weak to psychic/magic/supernatural shit, it’s just that it affects him as it would a normal human, but since he’s invulnerable to everything else it’s seen as a weakness.

Wait I thought that it wasn’t that Supes is necessarily weak to psychic/magic/supernatural shit, it’s just that it affects him as it would a normal human, but since he’s invulnerable to everything else it’s seen as a weakness.
Yep, that’s it. A magic fireball fired at him and Batman is not going to hurt Clark more.

NeonZ

It depends on the writer, and some settle with a vague "magic does more damage than usual, but not as much as it'd do against a normal human" (which is what generally ends up happening in most Superman vs Captain Marvel or Black Adam match ups when they bother mentioning the magic weakness).

Wag

Not really, Laterns would crush that universe more then Superman would. I think the only way to make it interesting would be if the emotional spectrum of rings were lost into the Star Wars universe thanks to comic book hijinks, so Laterns have to retrieve them from Force Using Laterns.

Sounds like the Star Trek/GL crossover. (Which is really good btw)

At any rate I meant they are similar because their powers are mostly based on will. GL's can create constructs with their mind, but cannot effect other's minds, Jedi's are just the opposite- they can't create constructs, but can move and influence others.

Somewhat similar, but not completely.

Sounds like the Star Trek/GL crossover. (Which is really good btw)

At any rate I meant they are similar because their powers are mostly based on will. GL's can create constructs with their mind, but cannot effect other's minds, Jedi's are just the opposite- they can't create constructs, but can move and influence others.

Somewhat similar, but not completely.

Yeah, I get ya. And that crossover worked well, so did the various X-Men/Trek books.

Also, speaking of, if I had to put any Marvel crossover in Star Wars my vote goes for X-Men.

Top Bottom