• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every Game Needs Donut Mode

Sinfamy

As a reward for beating the game.
Donut Drake is the single greatest in-game mod.

I want Donut Noctis warping everywhere.

Didn't they get rind of him in Uncharted 4 though?

Did they take him out of 1-3 remastered too? I never got to play as him ):

Most would just complain about it and taking about some ___ism since that happens with everything now. I'm cool with it though, but I'm cool with just about everything.

MUnited83

For you.
Games need the Uncharted way of doing things in general. Have several kinds of cheats, graphics filter, skins of every main character and all that. It's pretty cool.

Cels

It's funny because he is fat!

it's not

the fact that he's fat isn't funny, what's funny is the fact that he's doing all the stuff that fit/athletic drake would normally be doing and it looks awkward and out of place

or do you think big head modes in games make fun of people with macrocephaly?

NewDust

the fact that he's fat isn't funny, what's funny is the fact that he's doing all the stuff that fit/athletic drake would normally be doing and it looks awkward and out of place

or do you think big head modes in games make fun of people with macrocephaly?

So your point is, that he does things that we don't expect "fat people" to do, is making it funny? It's still body shaming.

The big head modes I know, usually just scale up the head size to a ridiculous amount, far beyond what would be realistic, even for people suffering from macrocephaly. They also don't go out of their way to deform heads to portray certain occurrences of macrocephaly. Doughnut Drake isn't just a bigger Drake. He is deliberately created to portray an obese person.

So your point is, that he does things that we don't expect "fat people" to do, is making it funny? It's still body shaming.

The big head modes I know, usually just scale up the head size to a ridiculous amount, far beyond what would be realistic, even for people suffering from macrocephaly. They also don't go out of their way to deform heads to portray certain occurrences of macrocephaly. Doughnut Drake isn't just a bigger Drake. He is deliberately created to portray an obese person.
Chill the fuck out

Its not that serious.

smh

KyleCross

Fuck off with calling it body-shaming. I'm an obese man and I loved playing as donut Drake. Seeing a body type representative of myself (never happens) doing cool shit was always really fun.

Fuck ND for removing him. But it's cool, I get it. Us fat guys can't even pretend to be action heroes because it's unfitting.

Yes, all games now need fun rewards like that, that n64 games did regularly that apparently no one does anymore for whatever reason

Edit: oh for fucks sake gaf

the1npc

"body shaming" wow dude relax its funny.

EBE

yes. cheats need to come back
the Turok series had a neat 'wireframe' mode that i always enjoyed. would love it if modern games did this

cheez124

i remember uncharted 3 had donut versions of multiple characters in multiplayer, i used to use donut drake and donut lazarevic all the time, while my friend would sometimes use donut sully. i always found the lower pitched voices to be funnier than the models themselves, hearing lazarevic scream out "HIGH FIVE" in this super deep voice was hilarious.

god i miss donut drake

Fuck off with calling it body-shaming. I'm an obese man and I loved playing as donut Drake. Seeing a body type representative of myself (never happens) doing cool shit was always really fun.

Fuck ND for removing him. But it's cool, I get it. Us fat guys can't even pretend to be action heroes because it's unfitting.

As someone that appreciates a bigger physique, I loved Donut Drake. There aren't many attractive representations of A body type, I find appealing.

AKyemeni

i remember uncharted 3 had donut versions of multiple characters in multiplayer, i used to use donut drake and donut lazarevic all the time, while my friend would sometimes use donut sully. i always found the lower pitched voices to be funnier than the models themselves, hearing lazarevic scream out "HIGH FIVE" in this super deep voice was hilarious.

god i miss donut drake
Doughnut Lazarevic was never in UC3.

He only appeared in UC2 during Thanksgiving.

AlucardGV

Banned
Totally agree. Naughty Dog needs to grow up and put him back into Uncharted 4.

funny they removed it because they think they need to "grow up"
no more cartoonish platforms, no more silly stuff

i guess this guy is fat shaming himself
fat-but-awesome-gif.gif

Nicky Ali

But... if you eat loads of donuts... you get a bit chubby. Like, that's just a fact, I don't think it's body-shaming. Is Mario body-shaming by being chubby?

Varth

Yea, if anything its a cool sight to see a fat guy pull off heroics like that and not be relegated to comic relief. Same effect as the fat guy in Tekken. Its not like they limited sprint or abilities in that mode. Not all depictions of an existing problem are "shaming". If anything, sweeping the existence of fat people under the carpet is closer to that.

Top Bottom