• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

BizzyBum

Penguin(Sub-Zero) said he played on the new aiming and it "feels like old halo" hype reinstated.

Yeah but when is this shit coming?

Also Mikwen made a good point that they are playing these settings on a closed lan network so we'll see if it translate well to online and if it sticks.

Eh, I don't really see why we need a new thread for it. For stuff like Worlds yeah but not for regular pro league. Gaming side is not too hot into Halo so it's probably going to be a dead thread, we can just discuss stuff in here.

jem0208

Yeah but when is this shit coming?

Also Mikwen made a good point that they are playing these settings on a closed lan network so we'll see if it translate well to online and if it sticks.

Eh, I don't really see why we need a new thread for it. For stuff like Worlds yeah but not for regular pro league. Gaming side is not too hot into Halo so it's probably going to be a dead thread, we can just discuss stuff in here.
Well it's been made now, might as well use it. This thread can get a bit cluttered during matches if we keep it all here.

yeah, no need to split the audience, so to speak.

prefer coming here for all my halo related needs, including pro league chat.

Holy moly please be true.

new aiming?

what?!?

i've not been following the thread much lately, is the fucking aiming being fixed?!?!?!?

TMCC is around 65GB, while Halo 5 is in the mid 90's right now I think.
Thanks man! Might do TMCC this month and H5 next month.
Installation 01 has Elites so you can immediately tell who the bad players are.
haha that gave me a good laugh
cuz it's true :D

EDIT:
lol went and checked my data cap and usage online. Apparently i have a monthly cap of 1 TB and the most data I've used in a single month the past 3-4 months is 200 GB. Guess i don't need to worry about it after all. :p

Tashi with a small update on the forums regarding heavy aim and the multi-shot button glitch: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...re/d6a25eee-9339-429c-bf9b-ba99c30c87f7/posts

Also yeah yeah double post. sorry not sorry.
c2xvYP8.jpg

Fuchsdh

Thanks man! Might do TMCC this month and H5 next month.

haha that gave me a good laugh
cuz it's true :D

EDIT:
lol went and checked my data cap and usage online. Apparently i have a monthly cap of 1 TB and the most data I've used in a single month the past 3-4 months is 200 GB. Guess i don't need to worry about it after all. :p

As crappy as my internet situation has been in the past, I've never had data caps anywhere I've lived. Seems like I live in bizarro world compared to other people sometimes.

link1201

yeah, no need to split the audience, so to speak.

prefer coming here for all my halo related needs, including pro league chat.

new aiming?

what?!?

i've not been following the thread much lately, is the fucking aiming being fixed?!?!?!?
Goes live next week last I heard. Supposedly it does fix the heavy aim feel to make aiming more consistent.

As crappy as my internet situation has been in the past, I've never had data caps anywhere I've lived. Seems like I live in bizarro world compared to other people sometimes.
Thats pretty cool actually. Enjoy it lol. I'm going home to see family this weekend. I'm gonna queue both games and let them download while I'm gone.

I don't understand why data cap is still a thing in the US and Australia. Even back when China was still running on ADSL for ages we did not have any form of data cap. Plus I can easily top up another GB of phone data for like $3 if I need it.

FyreWulff

I don't understand why data cap is still a thing in the US and Australia. Even back when China was still running on ADSL for ages we did not have any form of data cap. Plus I can easily top up another GB of phone data for like $3 if I need it.

because every ISP has a monopoly where they sell so fuck you give us money basically

because every ISP has a monopoly where they sell so fuck you give us money basically

It doesn't get more monopoly than Chinese ISPs, in the north it is China Unicom or nothing, in the south it is China Telecom or nothing, hell in some areas you can't even choose which ISP you want in your house because the ISP would sign exclusive contracts with the estate.

Trup1aya

I'm not familiar with the intricacies of Chinese telco- but in the states, ISPs don't compete for customers via their offerings and prices. They simply lobby local governments for exclusive access to specific areas. When awarded a contract it usually lasts for like 50-100 years or some BS like that.

If someone wants broadband, they have no choice in their provider. This allows all of the providers to do crazy things to extract value out of their exclusivity.

Keep in mind that many of the biggest ISP in US are also big media companies or owned by media companies. The rise of internet as a TV delivery method has pushed communication companies to make video streaming more expensive for consumers. This is because people were becoming less likely to subscribe to cable TV ("cutting the cable" because they could access the same content directly via the web) Data caps artificially make cable TV a more cost efficient option- And this allows the media companies to install themselves as a middleman to our content consumption rather than have users get their content straight from the source.

ISP's will get obliterated once SpaceX gets their internet constellation up and running. 1gb/s with 25-35 ms ping, most likely liberal price/caps. Starting in 2019, finished in 2024. Google shut down their fiber service and invested in these guys.

ISP's will get obliterated once SpaceX gets their internet constellation up and running. 1gb/s with 25-35 ms ping, most likely liberal price/caps. Starting in 2019, finished in 2024. Google shut down their fiber service and invested in these guys.

Wait, is this for real? Gimmie a source! I wanna read into this because i've been waiting for GOOGLE FIBER to come to Denver, CO.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

never heard of this. even for us rural slobs? /sobbbing

Trup1aya

Wow... how the hell will they get ping so low?

Cranster

Banned
I posted this in the MCC feedback email thread but I'll post it here anyway. So I think the reason most of us never received the MCC feedback survey is because we had to re-register to the Halo Community Feedback Program. It would explain why they mention the HCFP in the latest community update. I just registered again and received a confirmation email so obviously something went wrong or was mis-communicated.

Any info about this Stinklez?

I posted this in the MCC feedback email thread but I'll post it here anyway. So I think the reason most of us never received the MCC feedback survey is because we had to re-register to the Halo Community Feedback Program. It would explain why they mention the HCFP in the latest community update. I just registered again and received a confirmation email so obviously something went wrong or was mis-communicated.

That would really suck if true and would further solidify my suspicion of how that worked anyways.

wwm0nkey

They should 100% resend that email then

Cranster

Banned
That would really suck if true and would further solidify my suspicion of how that worked anyways.
If that's the cause for us not receiving the survey (for whatever reason) hopefully they plan on re-sending the MCC feedback email because it would be complete ignorance to accept the results from it as they already sent it considering the possibility a huge majority of fans who are part of the program didn't even receive the email.

They should 100% resend that email then
I fully agree!

Trup1aya

Wow, I just did a bit of reading, they want their satellites to orbit much closer that traditional satellites as mentioned above.

With 4500 of those babies, they'd triple the amount of satellites in orbit. A ton of space clutter- but it would revolutionize telcomms.

Fuchsdh

If true than all of the data they collected recently is useless.

I got the survey and tried reregistering and still got an email. I don't think their system is checking to see if you've already signed up, it still acts like it's your first time. Not everyone has always gotten the surveys each time anyhow (or people's spam filters are selective.)

Wait, is this for real? Gimmie a source! I wanna read into this because i've been waiting for GOOGLE FIBER to come to Denver, CO.

https://arstechnica.com/information...ill-launch-thousands-of-broadband-satellites/

https://www.wired.com/2015/01/google-spacex-investment/

never heard of this. even for us rural slobs? /sobbbing

Yep, rural/planes/ships are what they will target first and it will only come to mainstream cities once all the sats are up and running.

Wow... how the hell will they get ping so low?

The satellites will be somewhere along the lines of 25-30x closer to earth than existing options like hughesnet. Light moves stupid fast in the vaccum of space.

Ade

Reregistered, instant confirmation.

Dropping your current survey base and not telling them is certainly one way to skew your results

Fuchsdh

Reregistered, instant confirmation.

Dropping your current survey base and not telling them is certainly one way to skew your results
The idea they'd do that is laughable. Why have a feedback survey about MCC at all then if they didn't want to hear anything negative?

Ade

The idea they'd do that is laughable. Why have a feedback survey about MCC at all then if they didn't want to hear anything negative?

Yup, but why have a feedback survey after removing all the people who've been giving you feedback for years without telling them you'd removed them? "Wow only 10 people replied to the MCC survey, guess its fine. Next!"

That sounds like a complete bungle of insanity, but over the past few years I've seen few well planned moves from 343 and many, many heasdscratchers.

Also anyone else getting an insane amount of DC's today? Booted to the home screen "Lost connection to home network" message, yet the XB1 is still online, as is everything else.

God, there's always something with these guys. I never even got any notification that this needed to be done

Akai__

No you're not wrong, I haven't gotten one in a while. I figured they didn't send any

I have gotten the one before that and people have gotten the MCC one without re-registering. I'd say it's an error on 343i's/Microsoft Studio's side or they actually only selected people based on a certain parameter.

Cranster

Banned
I have gotten the one before that and people have gotten the MCC one without re-registering. I'd say it's an error on 343i's/Microsoft Studio's side or they actually only selected people based on a certain parameter.
Anythings possible but it would be nice to get clarification because nobody else has confirmed they recieved the MCC survey (same with rHalo). I did make a post on rHalo regarding this though.

Top Bottom