• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 - First screens & info

If you want to learn to dribble, go to the moves list (not included in the demo), pick a trick, learn it, repeat that one move and stick to it.

There's only 3 or 4 moves that are worth learning. The best 12 was either the chop or 90' scoop.

The scoop could get you round any player in any situation but i found it hard to pull off most of the time

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Join the club, I am terrible also. I wish I could dribble or do step overs/chops ect at the right time.

Against the computer it's best not to look at dribble moves as something you do to react to defenders. You have to create an environment for success. So I typically set them up into a few scenarios and execute moves based on those scenarios such as:

2 or less steps from defender: lane change, chop, spin, flick (especially when defender stationary), strafe
4 steps from defender: left foot step over to exit forward-right
Defender pressing(literally) on back: scoop
Defender pressing(literally) on side: McGeady Spin, fake kick

Against the humans whatever makes you change directions really quickly is pretty damn effective. scoops, chops, McGeady spins, lane changes, even those slow ass feints.

fenners

I got it last year, the week access is awesome and I downloaded, fifa street, madden, tiger, nhl all a week early too. just for fun.

Also got 20% off ultimate team stuff and the Euro expansion (piece of shit btw)

This year you get a bunch of UT packs (and similar for Madden/NHL). I'm sorely tempted.

Messi

Against the computer it's best not to look at dribble moves as something you do to react to defenders. You have to create an environment for success. So I typically set them up into a few scenarios and execute moves based on those scenarios such as:

2 or less steps from defender: lane change, chop, spin, flick (especially when defender stationary), strafe
4 steps from defender: left foot step over to exit forward-right
Defender pressing(literally) on back: scoop
Defender pressing(literally) on side: McGeady Spin, fake kick

Against the humans whatever makes you change directions really quickly is pretty damn effective. scoops, chops, McGeady spins, lane changes, even those slow ass feints.

The problem is when the pressure is on I can't be sure what is going to come out when I do it so why bother. its like rolling a dice. I panic.

Anyone interested in the PC version this year, you can get an origin key for $30 at Green man gaming with one of their 20 percent off codes

iFootball

So, anyone already with the final version can confirm if the the speed was tweaked down a little (compared to the Demo) ??

I got it last year, the week access is awesome and I downloaded, fifa street, madden, tiger, nhl all a week early too. just for fun.

Also got 20% off ultimate team stuff and the Euro expansion (piece of shit btw)

Yeah, the week access is so tempting because I cannot wait for FIFA 13, and I'd love to get started with the online (to get an advantage over a few friends :p) but the idea of paying £20 for the privilege seems like such an slimy business practise to support lol

I guess I could justify it with the 24 free UT packs? :p

We'll see though, we'll see.

Kiraly

The hacking is not FIFA-specific, it is just that the packs you can buy for your ultimate team are easily sold.

SpaceHorror

Any word on if Giroud will have a scanned face in the final product?

Also, that his name will be spoken in the commentary? Neither are present in the demo.

Spat_triate

Hmm I actually liked the demo (hated FIFA 11 and 12). They seem to be going in the right direction with the first touch control. That little touch adds a lot more individuality and a small sense of momentum (which the series has been sorely missing). My biggest gripe with the game is the AI, which apart from making good attacking runs, is still horrible.

Also it's been a long time since I've played futbol IRL but performing a bunch of skills isn't dribbling. There is a distinct difference between what players like Messi do (dribbling) and what players like Neymar do (skilling). As with 10, 11, and 12 before it this game seems built around skilling. Dribbling just isn't effective (against the CPU) because they are tackling machines with reaction times of 0.000001 microseconds able to tackle from any angle without conceding fouls.

JLG-

I'm going to pre-order it tomorrow. Gamestop is giving out this sexy steelbook:

h7cNjl.jpg

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I'm going to pre-order it tomorrow. Gamestop is giving out this sexy steelbook:

http://i.imgur.com/h7cNjl.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Damn are you in Canada or something? I looked on the website and I don't see that the us gets anything other than those stupid UT packs.

----thanks man. i'm going tomorrow for sure I can't wait for next week!

I think I'm going to really enjoy UT this year.

Currently playing it on NHL 13 but my lack of NHL knowledge means that I'm simply going by ratings rather than really picking players I want. I love the concept though, seems addictive.

Played the Xbox 360 and PC demos, the Xbox version felt faster? Am I the only one noticing this?

Also the PC version with forced 16xAA, 16xAF, 120 FPS on my 120hz monitor looked so smooth. My first soccer game purchase on PC :)

Holy Wars

Banned
I had a friend in the US buy FIFA 13 on GMG, he gave me the CD key straight away and it worked with my UK Origin account. So $32 (£20ish) for an Origin copy of the game. Not baaadd

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
taking a headcount we only got around 6 people interested in pc multiplayer so i dont think we are going to have near enough to get the scene going :[

Foob

Any word on if Giroud will have a scanned face in the final product?

Also, that his name will be spoken in the commentary? Neither are present in the demo.

not even worth it.. just put in gervinho at striker and swap in theo

worked wonders against southampton

PaulLFC

I have this on preorder and so far I've only had chance to play a couple of games on the demo, but it seemed very fast and shots seemed too powerful. Maybe I just need time to adjust after playing quite a bit of the PES demo where the speed is much slower, I don't know.

Defenders in generally seemed to have their pace increased, but for the most part it's still a sorry state that only attackers can have pace and defenders must be slow and strong.

Anyone tried the Web app for UT yet?

Came out yesterday, seems a mess for most people.

Including me, says I've never played an UT before.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I have this on preorder and so far I've only had chance to play a couple of games on the demo, but it seemed very fast and shots seemed too powerful. Maybe I just need time to adjust after playing quite a bit of the PES demo where the speed is much slower, I don't know.
I think the demo is too fast. I hope they reduced the speed a bit.

(And yes, it's important what the default speed is despite having options as I play online.)

Anyone with FIFA 12 on PC tell me how many people are playing online. I loved team play on PS3 but since my PS3 broke and I only have a gaming PC I'm not sure I should get it. Not sure how many people play this game on PC since most people hate origin and try to avoid it.

Anyone with FIFA 12 on PC tell me how many people are playing online. I loved team play on PS3 but since my PS3 broke and I only have a gaming PC I'm not sure I should get it. Not sure how many people play this game on PC since most people hate origin and try to avoid it.

Never had issues finding a full game on pc in Fifa 12. Same goes for 1on1/head to head season games.

Top Bottom