• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 11 is a truly magical piece of shit

Grinchy

Banned
I just installed 11.1 to my 6S. I really hope this doesn't turn out to be a huge mistake.

edit - A few hours in, no problems so far. Everything is actually slick as hell. Apps are opening and going back to the home screen faster than before.

edit 2 - 24 hours later, phone is in great shape. Battery life is just fine, everything is slick. Good update for me.

Mooreberg

Is it common practice to prevent installed applications from updating due to some weird subscription issue? I have 50 applications on an iPhone 5s that won't update, seems like an enormous security blunder for that to happen. I am going to set up an iPhone SE tomorrow ($48 @ Target, true story) but it won't even let new applications install on the old phone, which means it will do the same on the new phone. What the hell is it even attempting to subscribe to if you don't keep a credit card # on the phone?

Anyone getting an issue where when I type in “I” it’s being replaced by an “ A and a square with a question mark”. Started happening right after I updated.

matt360

Things seem to be moving faster, but no change to my battery life. It's still shit. In fact, I got to work this morning with my battery at 96% and plugged it in to keep it charged at my desk about 30 minutes ago. Then I just looked and it's now at 92%. The battery icon is green which means it's charging, but something is draining my battery faster than it's able to charge. I closed all apps and did a hard restart, but I've never had my battery drain faster than I was able to charge it except for when I plug the charger directly into a PC instead of an outlet and use FaceTime.

Dinskugga

11.1 seems so fix some shit

Is it anyone more then me that has problems in the app store when you want to read ”more” on updates and the area that you can push there is damn small. And if you miss this inch you go to the app side instead?

So damn annoying.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
IOS 11 killed the battery life on my 6 by 50%.

Wtf Apple. How do I fix this? I see users with a 6+ see some improvement with 11.1 but I think 6 users are still getting f*cked for one reason or another.

Come on Apple...

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
11.1 fixed my battery drain issues i had with my 7. Seems from reading here that 11.1 fixes this for some, makes it worse for other models. They really need to sort this shit out.

OrionFalls

I’ve noticed since YouTubes latest app update that the sound is crackling. No other app does this - Spotify, Apple Music, recorded videos - just YouTube. Like the audio plays with a bit of a tinny crackle or distortion every few seconds. Is anyone else getting this? I’m using a 7 Plus.

Grinchy

Banned
Im already at 50% with only 1 hour of usage on my iPhone 6. Thanks iOS11

Something is obviously wrong there. It's time to reinstall that OS.

When I first got my 6s, the Mail app was eating my battery up for no reason. I reinstlalled. It's worked fine since, and that was the iOS version that "worked perfectly for everyone."

MIMIC

Banned
This update is trash.

-I am having MULTIPLE issues with voice mail (I can't click out of voice messages, they don't immediately start after I hit "play," and sometimes I'll click one and an entirely different one will start playing).

-Texts are arriving late. I have never had this issue. And now I look like an idiot when I respond to an old text as if I just got it.
"Are you coming tomorrow?"
"Coming where?"
"To work. I sent this that yesterday."

Happened twice in the last couple of days

-Battery life seems worse

-Videos on YouTube stay in portrait mode after locking the phone

Ugh.

Darko

Since ios 11 i get messages from 4 years ago ..every time i turn on my phone (both of them)

Also my airpods havent worked aince i upraded.. ive tried everything and they wont play audio (l

Top Bottom