• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can we freeze new threads until have all the facts?

Outrun

Except it's not as big of an assumption when it's about an individual who has written about it themself, and other stuff written about individuals that are proven to know them in real life.

But you're right, it is wierd that people can assume so much about so little, and then ignore the details right in front of them.

I guess the truth will come out soon.

iyox

The whole issue appears to be premeditated. There's obviously more moving here than a simple #metoo facebook post.

joms5

Walk me through the logic here on this one, champ. How does volunteering at a woman's shelter help fight back against sexual harassment in the gaming community?

It directly helps those who have been affected. Key word directly.

Tell me how much help you're all doing by spamming the boards with bullshit? Is that preventing women from being assaulted in the future?

Think it's time to grow up "champ" and do more than just sit behind your keyboard in the comfort of your home. You want REAL change, you're going to have to work for it. But that's a bit too hard isn't it?

How do you know what people are doing in their lives outside of neogaf?

If they have time to come on here and spam the boards only to get banned, they aren't dedicated their time properly. They're being immature, entitled punks. Just leave if you don't like it here.

They're all just throwing tantrums before they leave. Very mature.

oneils

It doesn't seem like we are going to get any more facts. From the waypoint article, it looks like the victim is not interested in pursuing it further. And it doesn't look like EviLore is going to say more than what he's already said.

The only way we learn more is if a witness comes forward.

It directly helps those who have been affected. Key word directly.

Tell me how much help you're all doing by spamming the boards with bullshit? Is that preventing women from being assaulted in the future?

Think it's time to grow up "champ" and do more than just sit behind your keyboard in the comfort of your home. You want REAL change, you're going to have to work for it. But that's a bit too hard isn't it?

Women who get harassed in gaming circles don't end up in women's shelters.

Have you ever spoken to a woman irl? Honest question.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It's honestly for the better to let people account suicide for the next few days. People are upset about things, and they need a way to let that out. Unfortunately, freezing new threads will only delay the current situation.

joms5

Women who get harassed in gaming circles don't end up in women's shelters.

Have you ever spoken to a woman irl? Honest question.

Then they're better off than those that are in women's shelters. Have you ever been to a woman's shelter? Have you ever heard the shit some of them have went through?

I'm talking real issues, not being harassed over voice chat (and that's not to say there aren't real issues in the gaming community, but you haven't seen evil until you've spoken to some of these women in shelter's) So don't take the white knight approach with me.

If you use terms like irl, i know you've never spoken to a woman in real life. Get offline for a bit and experience the real world. It's hard out there son, and not everyone will like you. But with some work, you'll pull through.

But I don't want GAF to close down forever... :(

I hope it stays up too, NeoGAF has been a part of my life for over 11 years now. Hell, I'd like to see it stay up just to rub the GamerGaters nose in it, they've been having a good laugh about NeoGAF being down.

Then they're better off than those that are in women's shelters. Have you ever been to a woman's shelter? Have you ever heard the shit some of them have went through?

I'm talking real issues, not being harassed over voice chat (and that's not to say there aren't real issues in the gaming community, but you haven't seen evil until you've spoken to some of these women in shelter's) So don't take the white knight approach with me.

If you use terms like irl, i know you've never spoken to a woman in real life. Get offline for a bit and experience the real world. It's hard out there son, and not everyone will like you. But with some work, you'll pull through.

Move those goalposts faster, boy! We have a schedule to keep!

(The fun part of your post is you not knowing that I am actually a woman. irl. Go through my post history if you think I'm taking the piss.)

noqtic

I must have really missed something. Guess I have to go to Google to try and make sense out of all of this.

TheQuickening

Neo Member
Ask Evilore. He loves grabbing people.

giphy.webp

joms5

Move those goalposts faster, boy! We have a schedule to keep!

(The fun part of your post is you not knowing that I am actually a woman. irl. Go through my post history if you think I'm taking the piss.)

This is the maturity i'm talking about. Rather than discussing and just coming out and saying what it is you want to say, you'd rather talk about goal posts.

Sorry but I don't have the time to waste on you.

So you're a woman. Great. But you've never spoken with woman. That's all I needed to hear.

Bye!

korona15

Banned
All the facts? I believe women. Why shouldn’t I believe the account of a woman who was clearly traumatized by the owner of this site? Jumping into the shower of a sick woman is so repulsive and creepy beyond words. If you’re not speaking out against it, if you’re not nuking your own account here, you’re pretty much for perpetuating patriarchy and a world dominated by men who feel like they have entitlement and control over women’s bodies.

joms5

All the facts? I believe women. Why shouldn’t I believe the account of a woman who was clearly traumatized by the owner of this site? Jumping into the shower of a sick woman is so repulsive and creepy beyond words. If you’re not speaking out against it, if you’re not nuking your own account here, you’re pretty much for perpetuating patriarchy and a world dominated by men who feel like they have entitlement and control over women’s bodies.

Yet she fucks the guy after this happened? What kind of person does that?

It's fine if you believe women. But don't believe them unequivocally.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...sentenced-flawed-system-allegations-sentenced

This is the maturity i'm talking about. Rather than discussing and just coming out and saying what it is you want to say, you'd rather talk about goal posts.

Sorry but I don't have the time to waste on you.

So you're a woman. Great. But you've never spoken with woman. That's all I needed to hear.

Bye!

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

We've got a real genius on our hands here, boys. whoop whoop whoop whoop make way for the heavy lifting thinker man.

iyox

We found the bot. *patriarchy*

Entroyp

Women are human beings, and sometimes shitty human beings same as men. Maybe Tyler is a shitty human being.. maybe not.. maybe the girl is a shitty human being.. maybe not. We will never know what exactly happened and we don’t need to as it should not be of our concern. Treat those around you with respect and don’t be do quick to judge.

This is something both of them need to address privately as adults.

It's honestly for the better to let people account suicide for the next few days. People are upset about things, and they need a way to let that out. Unfortunately, freezing new threads will only delay the current situation.

Exactly.

People will just start shit posting in actual threads. Let them create threads and get banned. It will die out especially with the way registration work and junior members cannot create threads.

korona15

Banned
Patriarchy is a real phenomenon. Its deeply embedded in society and perpetuates gender stereotypes, such as, men have entitlement over the female body. Anyway, I'm not a bot. I'm a soon to be banned human being. Because the owner of this site just can't handle what I'm saying, wah wah, bans whoever he disagrees with.

We found the bot. *patriarchy*

Top Bottom