• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman wakes up after being dead 17 hours; Rigor Mortis had set in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green Shinobi said:
There is nothing in Christianity, anyway, that explains when the "soul" is created. Any attempt to explain it has simply been speculation from theologians.

Who tend to be of the religion they study and shape the opinions of their fellow congregation. But yeah, like many beliefs it was not specifically rooted in the bible. I guess fan-fic would be an apt comparison.

Dark Octave said:
God: "Oops! Sorry guys, turns out that I was full of shit."

Count Dookkake: "Oops! Sorry guys, turns out that I was full of shit."

Not really.

Count Dookkake said:
Who tend to be of the religion they study and shape the opinions of their fellow congregation. But yeah, like many beliefs it was not specifically rooted in the bible. I guess fan-fic would be an apt comparison.
Just so you know, I'm rooting for you. Good luck!

Ranger X

This is super interesting!

It's stuff like that that could help science progress. (yup, it's certainly not a miracle from your white bearded dude up there)

Ranger X said:
This is super interesting!

It's stuff like that that could help science progress. (yup, it's certainly not a miracle from your white bearded dude up there)

Yep, hope they get some really interesting data from this. Our body is more like a machine then people want to believe(Believe!). If you figure out how to stop cells from degrading and blood to clot being dead won't be that final anymore, well at least being dead of stuff except old age.

And the first reply wins the internet.

Slavik81

kbear said:
I bet she'll say that she remembers nothing while she was 'dead'... no heaven or anything, just a black abyss, because that's what's waiting for us, folks.
How could she possibly remember anything if her brain wasn't active and therefore able to store the memory? Anything she actually says is a rationalization after the fact, unless there's a convincing argument around for memories to really be stored in an immortal soul. But then if that were the case, why would early-childhood memories be so difficult to recall if it has nothing to do with the state of your physical body?

unifin

I doubt this is a miracle, and I'm a Christian. There's no reason to believe God would bring this woman back as opposed to the hundreds of others who undoubtedly died of similar causes that same day.

She's just very, very lucky. Either that, or the med techs fucked up her vital readings and are claiming extraordinary circumstances in order to avoid malpractice lawsuits.

Although the rigor mortis thing is strange...

notsol337

marked forever
OxtheMidget said:
Hush with the devil-talk.

newavatarza5.jpg

I lol'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom