• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM 216 - June 2007

RyuHayate

Visualante said:
Sakaguchi doesn't like Kuturagi? :lol

First industry figure (non journalist) to openly speak against the Godfather?

I find it really surprising he'd say something like that considering the fact he was so openly optimistic about the PS1 when Square made the risky decision of developing FF7 for a new platform.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
ethelred said:
Yeah, I really have no idea how people are reading that and thinking Wii or DS.

It all depends on what definition of "hearty" you use. It can mean good health (as in Wii) or fulfilling, substantial (as in PS3 or 360). Which means 1UP just choose a vague term to confuse everyone while still being right no matter which system it comes out for.

angrygay

RyuHayate said:
I find it really surprising he'd say something like that considering the fact he was so openly optimistic about the PS1 when Square made the risky decision of developing FF7 for a new platform.

how long ago was that?

SantaC

sangreal said:
A. Fitch - 8
Michael - 4
Shane - 6

I'm finally about to dig into this 9-page preview of EndWar. Will post the details soon

milky? same person who gave BKO a 5.

a 5!!!!

OS must be really great then

sangreal

Avalon said:
What's surprising about it? I don't think Etrian Odyssey will be reviewed well by any of the bigger sites/magazines. It just isn't the kind of game that has wide appeal and it certainly lacks all the qualities of a game that can just be picked up and played (which is all reviewers seem to care at times).

It should get an 8.0 on 1up.com since its the first review in EGM

sangreal

I think you guys are seriously reading way too much into this "hearty" thing. :lol

Here is the full quote. In context you'll see that they are just going with a heart theme due to the game being named Kingdom Hearts

EGM said:
Heart attack
Seems Disney and publisher Square Enix want to keep the Kingdom Hearts series beating -- hell, no surprise there. But this may be one: My mousy mole tipped me off that the next KH game won't be the third game in the series, but instead, it will be a spin-off that will appear on a hearty console. Don't worry, though -- KH3 will still happen...eventually.

sangreal said:
I think you guys are seriously reading way too much into this "hearty" thing. :lol

Here is the full quote. In context you'll see that they are just going with a heart theme due to the game being named Kingdom Hearts

Hrm. PS2 it seems. Which also could mean a wii port I guess.

grandjedi6

citrus lump said:
Hrm. PS2 it seems. Which also could mean a wii port I guess.

It means nothing. In fact EGM told us nothing new since we already guessed that there will be a spin-off from the ending of Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix.

I will agree with him that Square/Enix is placing too much emphesis on FF/DW games. More original IP's please! See what CapCom did with the 360 and Dead Rising/Lost Planet? 2 new IP's and million+ sellers there! C'mon Square...you can do it!

D.

grandjedi6

sonic4ever said:
why are people geting happy over Rumors from EGM? These are NOT facts. by the way how many EGM Rumors have came ture?

We had a thread on this, the majority of EGM rumors come true.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
SantaC said:
milky? same person who gave BKO a 5.

a 5!!!!

OS must be really great then

Nice conclusion, except that it's not milky. Where did you get that from anyway? It's probably Michael Donahoe, if you meant Michael.

steinmc said:
And a lot of these rumours were false.
We have just to see, what will happen

Usually the false ones are pretty blatant. I'm positive EGM throws the fake rumors in there just so it looks like they're not breaking NDAs.

grandjedi6 said:
We had a thread on this, the majority of EGM rumors come true.
So the old rumors about Dead Rising 2 going to both PS3 and 360 are true? Or the old rumors Dead Rising 2 is going to be a 360 exclusive is true? I think they even once said that Dead Rising 2 was going to be PS3 exclusive too. All those rumors were in the magazine, And they all contradict each other. I have not seen that many EGM rumors come true myself.

sonic4ever said:
So the old rumors about Dead Rising 2 going to both PS3 and 360 are true? Or the old rumors Dead Rising 2 going only going 360 is true? Because both these rumors were in the magazine. And they both contradict them self. I have not that many EGM rumors come true myself.

"majority of"

Skilletor

They said a remake of NGB was coming out several months before Sigma was announced. I wonder what the DoA game would be, though. Would an enhanced port of DoA4 count as "exclusive"?

Skilletor said:
They said a remake of NGB was coming out several months before Sigma was announced. I wonder what the DoA game would be, though. Would an enhanced port of DoA4 count as "exclusive"?
Yes I was thinking the same thing, If thier is a renamed Dead or Alive 4, so that they aren't Breaking in type of contract. Didn't EGM once said that Dead or Alive 4 was coming to the PS3? Tecmo has released older games with new names on them before.

Mojovonio

Banned
sonic4ever said:
Yes I was thinking the same thing, If thier is a renamed Dead or Alive 4, so that they aren't Breaking in type of contract. Didn't EGM once said that Dead or Alive 4 was coming to the PS3? Tecmo has released older games with new names on them before.

I think DOA 5 and probably even NG2 will be multiplatform.

soul

sangreal said:

Hey, thanks for that full quote. I wonder if there's any truth to that rumor.

Ponn

Banned
Skilletor said:

Remake of DoA Extreme 2. Now with 20 GB of extra bounce.

Sooo.. am I the only one who thinks KH Gaiden is coming to the PS2? A Hearty Console... Kingdom HEARTS... console that has Kingdom Hearts... PS2... And if you want to play the doing well angle, PS2 is still doing pretty darn good if you ask me.

VerTiGo

Banned
Mojovonio said:
I think DOA 5 and probably even NG2 will be multiplatform.

Logical assumption. I wouldn't be surprised. I think this scenario most likely depends on how well Ninja Gaiden Sigma will sell and truthfully, I don't think it'll sell much at all. I just don't think PS3 software sales will be too great for quite some time actually.

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
I'm glad C&C3 won the honor.
Thinking about this, didn't the same thing happen when BFME2 came out?

Console RTS games getting game of the month by being released in shit months conspiracy confirmed.

Raistlin

chibcicylist said:
Where did you get the idea that the spin off is coming to the Wii? Hearty means "substantial", "full" to me, and many don't think the Wii as a substantial console. It's coming to the 360 or the PS3.

Unless by substantial they mean userbase? In that case, PS2 or Wii.

Ceb

Frankly, I don't like how Sakaguchi constantly pisses on Square. And yet he still tries to use the goodwill of the Chrono Trigger name to promote BD.

Mojovonio

Banned
VerTiGo said:
Logical assumption. I wouldn't be surprised. I think this scenario most likely depends on how well Ninja Gaiden Sigma will sell and truthfully, I don't think it'll sell much at all. I just don't think PS3 software sales will be too great for quite some time actually.

I think its more of whether or not MS drops some cash or not. I think we may see more TN PS3 games than 360 games.

grandjedi6

Link316 said:
they lied about Guitar Hero 80s >_<

and Disgaea 3 better not be full 3D >_<

Majority of the rumors come true.

For example:

Professor Layton is coming to the US
Disgaea series coming to PS3
Harmonix working on getting a big band for Rock Band music
Next Kingdom Hearts game will be a spin-off that will appear on a "hearty console"

Is all that needs to come true for the majority of this months rumors to be true.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Link316 said:
they lied about Guitar Hero 80s >_<

Guitar Hero 80's edition wasn't listed as a rumor though. I still wonder how that got printed and where they got the info from

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Wario64 said:
Guitar Hero 80's edition wasn't listed as a rumor though. I still wonder how that got printed and where they got the info from

Yeah, exactly. I remember it along the lines of "basically confirmed".

Top Bottom