• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

The God

I mean I thought pointless teasing was looked down upon

what's so hype about saying games are in development? We know that already lol

Alfredo_V

Neo Member
So stoked about what From Software has in store for us! Not really demanding anything of then atm, but it would be so nice to know something about the current projects.. what are the chances we see anything at E3?

Turkoop

Banned
Guys I have a theory regarding to Death Stranding's cast. I think Emma Watson will also join the cast. Here are my thoughts:
Ken and Kojima started to follow her on Twitter - I know this is not a big thing. But then Kojima posted this picture https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/842519401421139968 He seem's to be a big fan of Emma Watson's newest movie The Beauty and the Beast. And he/they have received an invitation to watch the movie.
And then he tweeted this back in December https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/805314956728012800
He met an actress and seems a big fan of her. This could be Emma Watson but of course, take this with a huge grain of salt :)

vivekTO

Guys I have a theory regarding to Death Stranding's cast. I think Emma Watson will also join the cast. Here are my thoughts:
Ken and Kojima started to follow her on Twitter - I know this is not a big thing. But then Kojima posted this picture https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/842519401421139968 He seem's to be a big fan of Emma Watson's newest movie The Beauty and the Beast. And he/they have received an invitation to watch the movie.
And then he tweeted this back in December https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/805314956728012800
He met an actress and seems a big fan of her. This could be Emma Watson but of course, take this with a huge grain of salt :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1352949&highlight=death+stranding

Do you know that? tease = ban

I would never intentionally post anything that would get myself banned, so if that's the case it was a honest mistake. I didn't mention anything specific, tease a particular project or anything similar.

All I was saying is that I've seen some of the unexpected stops on the hype train. I'm sorry if that bugs anyone, that absolutely wasn't my intent.

vivekTO

I would never intentionally post anything that would get myself banned, so if that's the case it was a honest mistake. I didn't mention anything specific, tease a particular project or anything similar.

All I was saying is that I've seen some of the unexpected stops on the hype train. I'm sorry if that bugs anyone, that absolutely wasn't my intent.

How many "stops" are there?? i mean you can atleast tell that!!

vivekTO

I don't mean to tease guys, but games will be shown at E3

post-62416-The-Wire-Wee-Bey-Brice-OMG-WTF-tm9I.gif

yurinka

I don't mean to tease guys, but games will be shown at E3
Yup, the sky is blue.
I don't like Emma Watson. I'd prefer to see Scarlett Johanson or Emma Stone in a Kojima game.
How do you know?
Not sure exactly when (obviously after the announcement) or who, but someone important from ND mentioned in an interview that they just started to work recently in the game, so we shouldn't expect to see the game in a while (I assume he was talking about the release, but same can be applied for real, proper gameplay).

FelipeMGM

Its looked down over here by the mods because teases like that dont add anything to the thread discussion. All they make is people quoting that post over and over and derailing the thread. Its understandable why they dont like it really

Not bugging you for it, just a friendly tip

NahaNago

I'd prefer Emma Stone to Watson or Johanson and after googling Johanson i did not realize she was only 5'3".

that be kinda of weird, because 10 years ago she would have been 16/17, and he says its even more than 10 years sooo...

but Emma stone is only 2 years older than her and Japan...

delSai

I'm so looking forward to what Sucker Punch is up to. Infamous is easily one of my favorite PS IPs so i'll be a bit sad to see the series disappear for now, but of course i hope that there new IP can get me excited.

Spider-Man and the Batman game WB Montreal are working on are going to fill the Infamous spot. E3's gonna be awesome again.

NahaNago

I never said anything about Emma Stone tho?

Im talking about his tweet, not their presence in the game

I was only mentioning her since she had been mentioned earlier and that it didn't matter which of the two cause they were both pretty young ten years ago.

Y'all take stuff so seriously lol.

I mean I thought pointless teasing was looked down upon

what's so hype about saying games are in development? We know that already lol
"Either way the next year or so be packed with surprises, just as the last two have been."

It isn't about games being in development. It is about the show having surprises. As I said, given Sony's last two conferences, it is practically expected now but there is nothing wrong with a little support of that happening. Just having fun and getting hype.

Just take it for what it is - "Basically, Sony is bringing the hype yet again". Cool, all I need to know. I'm sure stuff will leak out eventually regardless.

Oh, the irony. There are people who really don't believe this.
Sony won't have much to announce since they killed in 2015 and 2016 they say.
Sony can have a great show solely with just the announced games they have. It is easy to predict Sony will have new stuff as well because their 1st/3rd party pipeline is pretty long.

Shock32

I want to see more of Knack, and i am not joking.

Knack 2 is a day 1 purchase for me. I loved the first game it was such a fun plat. Getting diamond knack you could rek everything on the highest difficulty. Saying that I always cringe when they show it, not because of the game but itts become kind a joke. :/

Undrey

Honestly Knack 2 feels like Knack 1.5 with two players instead of one and a few extra moves.

This coming from a person who liked Knack, and finished it multiple times a day (you'd be surprised how automatic it can become).

Honestly Knack 2 feels like Knack 1.5 with two players instead of one and a few extra moves.

This coming from a person who liked Knack, and finished it multiple times a day (you'd be surprised how automatic it can become).
You played it , because the small amount of previews said otherwise

Undrey

You played it , because the small amount of previews said otherwise

I haven't played it but the visuals and gameplay look the same. Granted there was a cool robot part thing in the trailer. It still seems too iterative and does not seem to be doing too much new from the few minutes we've seen so far. But hey, some of my favourite platformer sequels are iterative so we shall see.

The God

Y'all take stuff so seriously lol.

"Either way the next year or so be packed with surprises, just as the last two have been."

It isn't about games being in development. It is about the show having surprises. As I said, given Sony's last two conferences, it is practically expected now but there is nothing wrong with a little support of that happening. Just having fun and getting hype.

Just take it for what it is - "Basically, Sony is bringing the hype yet again". Cool, all I need to know. I'm sure stuff will leak out eventually regardless.

Sony can have a great show solely with just the announced games they have. It is easy to predict Sony will have new stuff as well because their 1st/3rd party pipeline is pretty long.

How's that not a given though :/

There's always something at the conferences we don't 100% know about

I just think less of the pseudo "insider" stuff is a good thing

Just a bit of fun for me and anyone that enjoys the ride in the hype train, without needing to be aware of the destination.

It wasn't supposed to mean much. I think you're looking into it too hard. Sorry to tease though.

Look man, if a new Alundra or Drakan is in development just give my a pat on my backside.

Top Bottom