• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

Press Release:
DC Entertainment continues to expand its roster of top-name talent, announcing today that it has reached agreements with artists Javier Fernández (NIGHTWING) and Jorge Jiménez (SUPERMAN, SUPER SONS) to create comic book content solely for the publisher’s DC and Vertigo imprints.

“Nightwing! How could I not be excited when I was asked to work on something like that” said Fernández. “When DC asked me to redesign one of the most iconic costumes, I knew exactly what Nightwing would look like. Professionally, it’s hard to find something that I have been looking forward to more than the chance to create stories in Gotham with one of the most beloved characters at DC. I love my job.”

“Javier is an incredible artist whose portfolio continues to expand,” said DC’s Editor-in-Chief Bob Harras. “With NIGHTWING, he brought Dick Grayson back to Gotham in his classic black and blue look and has seamlessly positioned him in DC Rebirth in a way that feels modern, yet true to the legacy of this character. We couldn’t have asked for a better pairing when we matched Javier to Dick Grayson’s solo series.”

“There’s also been a lot of interest in Superman after the events of DC Rebirth,” added DC Entertainment Publisher Jim Lee. “Not a small part of that is the result of the return of a Superman married to Lois Lane, raising their son Jon. Jorge’s designs for Jon, now Superboy, perfectly capture the spirit of the new character. He has quickly positioned himself as an artist’s artist who can do great designs, fantastic action, and deliver lively, personal storytelling.”

“DC has made me feel at home over the years,” said Jiménez. “I remember my first work on the FRINGE series. I was extremely nervous but also very excited; I wanted to prove that I wasn’t just passing through, that I had come to stay, and to eventually realize my dream to draw Superman. Now time has passed, my projects with DC have been increasingly important, and I’ve not only seen the day when I’m drawing Superman, but this year I had the opportunity to design Superman’s son. The fan reaction has been incredible. Thank you!”

Fernández and Jiménez are the newest names to be added to DC’s roster of talent. DC has also recently signed artists Bruno Redondo (INJUSTICE 2), Liam Sharp (WONDER WOMAN), Andy Kubert (DARK KNIGHT III), and writers Amanda Conner (HARLEY QUINN), James Tynion IV (DETECTIVE COMICS), Dan Abnett (TITANS, AQUAMAN) and more. Stay tuned for more announcements as DC continues to expand its talent pool.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Runaways Cast

Alex Wilder - Rhenzy Feliz

rhenzy-feliz-arrives-to-the-premiere-of-hulus-casual-season-2-at-on-picture-id538612188

He might be older than this now.

Nico Minoru - Lyrica Okano

I think she's in costume here, but it works.

Karolina Dean - Virginia Gardner

Spot on.

Gert Yorkes - Ariela Barer

Chase Stein - Gregg Sulkin

Allegra Acosta - Molly Hernandez (Hayes in the books)

LProtag

Alright, so I put in an order for the Ms. Marvel trades. Is there anything else I need for a complete story? I'm not a huge fan of big crossover events... which is why I'm mostly sticking to Image stuff.

Alright, so I put in an order for the Ms. Marvel trades. Is there anything else I need for a complete story? I'm not a huge fan of big crossover events... which is why I'm mostly sticking to Image stuff.

I think the most recent volume (6) deals with stuff from Civil War II, but you really don't need to read the main event. You'll probably be a happier person if you don't put yourself through that.

LProtag

I think the most recent volume (6) deals with stuff from Civil War II, but you really don't need to read the main event. You'll probably be a happier person if you don't put yourself through that.

Sounds good. So I'll just pick up the monthly issue then and that will be that.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Pink #6
A nice ending. It was soft and small, but nice. Everything was all nice and wrapped up. It felt like it was supposed to be a very personal story that went big and tried to have a personal ending, and while it worked, I wasn't feeling it. It became all about Tommy in the end and I just didn't like that, especially because the previous five issues were about Kim being a badass. I'd still recommend it, but I ultimately have lukewarm feelings on it.

Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #3
I like the homagesand references in here, and that
Robin's solution was to straight up drown Ivy, and Raph was super down with it.
Still a fun book, though I am bummed that Joker id the ultimate mastermind again.

Shade the Changing Girl #5
Not my favorite issue. Felt less psychological and more plot based, but the breakdown of zoo culture was nice. I was totally right in my guess on
Megan attempting to take her body back from Shade. And the scientist going full nutter butter for the madness.
The backup was pretty enjoyable, too.

Damn fine comics.

Superman #16
Pretty big issue, but I felt this was an extremely rushed ending to this arc. It's obviously setting up for
the big battle with Manhattan, judging by the presence of Oz and Prophecy referring to a giant multiversal threat. Oz is obviously using the same plan as Prophecy, albeit with different methods.
. While not a great conclusion, it ended epically. I'm looking forward to what the future holds for
Kenan and Clark's new relationship.

Justice League of America: Vixen Rebirth #1
I realize how late to the party I am, but that is some damm fine comics. Establishing character's motives, abilities, and personality while developing their backstory and with nuance? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit best go redeem our tickets because we just won the lottery. I can't wait for JLA. I need it so bad.

Midnighter and Apollo #5
There is no force stronger than the power of love. This book is godlike.

Detective Comics #949
Kate is pretty much one of my new favorite characters thanks to Detective Comics. This issue furthers to cement that into permanance. I'm so jacked for Batwoman Rebirth and the upcoming arc.

Justice League #13
That was the darkest thing I've read in awhile. Good god that's depressing. Even if it is a character I don't care about. Shit man.

Justice League vs. Suicide Squad #6
Yo that ending is some Grant Morrison New X-Men shit. God damn. What a good event. Nay, a great event. I have my issues with Batman, though.
Would he really go along with the idea that villains could be murdered on a whim? The same Batman that lets his villains time and time again in the hope that they can be helped, and that killing them means severely compromising his own moral fortitude? I'm hoping that it isn't the end of his conflict with them. But damn, Waller is a higher tier of opponent than anyone gave her credit for.

I just re upped on my MU. Time to start reading Claremont's X-men run.

Pretty good stuff. I just finished reading up to 175, I liked it but I didn't absolutely love it. I certainly wouldn't say it's the best comic book run of all time as CBR's fan polls often put it, I don't think it would break my top 5. I think for it's time though, it's fantastic.

March book one: Damn! Decided to read a little of this before jumping onto Moon Girl and DD but couldn't bring myself to put it down till I finished it. Such a The subject matter is of course the biggest part of what makes the book great but Powell did a wonderful job in its telling too.

I need the next two volumes. Can't wait for the library books to come in, time to track down the box set.

Top Bottom