• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

mreddie

You poor fool. Did you pay for the ticket or was it a gift? I think I guessed the ending from the trailers but spoil me.

Main chick becomes the ghost or posessed

I have free tickets saved up thanks to a friend and I'm using them for the January stuff.

Hellers

Spawn and Savage Dragon sale currently on CMX.

I've read the first 6 archive editions of Savage Dragon and I bounce between, WTF? Did they really spend a page making gay jokes, Jesus Wept, Do nipples look like that, Does he like it doggy style because he's so big, Haha that was funny and I still have no fucking clue what just happened.

I can see me buying volume 7.

Yeah I love that movie.

Also, I'm binging through Deadly Class right now and loving it. I read the first trade a while back, but decided to start from scratch again to refresh my memory. Awesome stuff.

What else do y'all recommend from Image?
Secret Identities
Starlight
Rat Queens (only volumes 1 and 2)
Huck

mreddie

Digital Code from Marvoo next week

Cloak and Dagger
ANAD Avengers Civil War 2
Iron Man Civil War 2

At least they are switching it up but again, thin line.

Catching up on Outcast. Just read #21 and this is a title from Image, and from Kirkman, that doesn't get enough love and discussion. It's intriguing and genuinely scary.

So.

Deadly Class 26. I managed to largely avoid spoilers (more on that in a sec), and go in kind of fresh.

Lemme just say that I can't remember the last time time I smiled that damn hard at the end of a comic. I'd known
Marcus would be alive
, but I didn't know
Maria would be as well, and that the issue would be a fucking rescue mission
! I loved it; loved it loved it.

((EDIT:
How can anyone say Veronica is not best girl? Like, it's not an argument.
))

Superman

What's with DC's story endings feeling so rushed? It's cool if they're just using these stories to set stuff up but at least get the pacing down and have some kind of worthwhile conclusion in mind.

Surely because they are compelling and well-crafted?
Superman

What's with DC's story endings feeling so rushed? It's cool if they're just using these stories to set stuff up but at least get the pacing down and have some kind of worthwhile conclusion in mind.

It's the first arc of this book I've felt that way, but I agree. I have no idea why they burned through that so fast. If there had been at least one more issue, or even half of an issue, of this arc then it would have been better. It's not a bad ending, but it just feels like it was put on fast forward.

Surely because they are compelling and well-crafted?

It's the first arc of this book I've felt that way, but I agree. I have no idea why they burned through that so fast. If there had been at least one more issue, or even half of an issue, of this arc then it would have been better. It's not a bad ending, but it just feels like it was put on fast forward.

I would only consider it a bad ending in so far as it's something we've basically seen before.
I'm kind of tired of Oz picking someone out of reality at this point, and it hasn't even happen all that much I'm just tired of the hints of it. I feel like this end and the end to Doomsday is really not all that different.

I wasn't really meaning just Superman feeling rushed, this is probably the first I've felt that way about in this book. But felt the same way about JL vs SS and Batman recently.

I would only consider it a bad ending in so far as it's something we've basically seen before.
I'm kind of tired of Oz picking someone out of reality at this point, and it hasn't even happen all that much I'm just tired of the hints of it. I feel like this end and the end to Doomsday is really not all that different.

I wasn't really meaning just Superman feeling rushed, this is probably the first I've felt that way about in this book. But felt the same way about JL vs SS and Batman recently.
I think it's because of Super Sons starting soon. The Oz story is supposed to get some answers in that Superman Reborn crossover soon.

Wolverine sale on CMX. Not that many different books.

I've read the first 6 archive editions of Savage Dragon and I bounce between, WTF? Did they really spend a page making gay jokes, Jesus Wept, Do nipples look like that, Does he like it doggy style because he's so big, Haha that was funny and I still have no fucking clue what just happened.

I can see me buying volume 7.

So you're saying it entertained you.

Nightwing #14
Yo yo yo YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Seeley bringing it home and sealing the deal right here. That ending was dope. I foresee a great future for this book.

We just got
the birth of post-Flashpoint Nite-Wing
!

Young Cyclops... No. Stop.

I'm starting to get real disillusioned by X-Men writing. Such is the ebb and flow of the X-Men comic love and hate cycle.

mreddie

Rocket1.jpg

Al Ewing and Adam Gorham doing ANOTHER Rocket series.

Think Leverage in SPACE

Tizoc

Tsk Marvel needs to reprint some of their older out of print books :/

Also just learned Gurihiru did a Zootopia comic and some children's books based on Brave.

mreddie

Did they really just announce a new Rocket book when 2 or 3 of the other Rocket book just came out.

Fucking hell Marvel

You see Grounded Rocket Raccoon is just a mini and instead of just moving to a new arc and new team, JUST RENAME IT AND SLAP A #1

mreddie

I'm down for Al Ewing Rocket but cmon, you could have just kept the name.

And that's 4 books Ewing has and yet no event?

The market has already spoken on needless #1s under Al Ewing

Starting over yet again with Rocket is really dumb. Marvel you don't needs to reset the number count every single fucking time you switch the creative team

Top Bottom