• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PREY - A Guided Tour of Talos I

enbred

Banned
Yeah so, this reminds me of Bioshock in numerous ways. You have a secluded station/city consisting of various areas, each with it's own "unique" character and identity. Something terrible has happened in that city, you go to figure it out.
In the end you figure out that mankind are so greedy and stupid to have knowingly doomed themselves by researching these aliens and somehow you've been tricked to take the trip yada yada yada.
Been there done that.

Game looks kinda cool nonetheless. Will wait for reviews.

Yeah so, this reminds me of Bioshock in numerous ways. You have a secluded station/city consisting of various areas, each with it's own "unique" character and identity. Something terrible has happened in that city, you go to figure it out.
In the end you figure out that mankind are so greedy and stupid to have knowingly doomed themselves by researching these aliens and somehow you've been tricked to take the trip yada yada yada.
Been there done that.

Execution always matters more than originality

Sotha_Sil

Should be another excellent game in Beth Soft's already exceptional output this generation. My only issue from watching the gameplay videos is the musical cues (and I think visual ones) following a mimic transformation... that really takes away from the sense of surprise. Hopefully there's an option to turn those off?

Mr. Tibbs

Looks like we'll be seeing more preview coverage soon. Just don't expect to hear from Kotaku, LMAO!
GKzOIC7.png

Been there done that.

Originality means nothing if the execution doesn't deliver. It's not like Bioshock was original (Especially since it's just System Shock 2 underwater with a mechanical downgrade)

What Arkane does is making some twists with the familiar formula (Namely the GLOO Cannon)

Top Bottom