• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you approach coming back to a game you never beat after a long time?

volcarona

If it's been a few years, I'll probably just start again, but sometimes I'll pick up a game after putting it down for 6 months and just resume the adventure. If it's a shorter/easier/less story based game, I'll be more likely to just start again

Smasher89

Did this with xenoblade chronicles X, played for like 40-50 hours in like a week, then got a break for a few months and then went back into it. Like mentioned earlier in the thread it kinda comes back even though it were a bit overwhelming at first, that said that game did point you towards where you were going very easily so it might be harder in other rpgs.

Shahed

I don't. I either play and finish it the first time, or decide it's not worth my time and move on. I pretty much never revisit games. If it wasn't good enough the first time I played it, why would it be good enough the next time?

I'll restart if it's been more than a couple months or so, unless there's no story.

I kind of feel like if the game's worth returning to, it's worth restarting to fully appreciate the story & sense of progression. If I'm dreading the thought of restarting it then I probably didn't like it enough in the first place

Depends on after how long for me.

I put Bloodborne into hold in December and I've just got back yesterday. So far I've been doing fine, as I've just beaten 3 bosses since. I did read the wiki for a little insight on where I am right now, but that about it.

In another case where I left agame for more than a year, I usually start over or just forget about it. The fact that I've left the game for that long means I don't really care about the game.

Depends on the game.

Dropped SMT4 due to a particular moment in the Neutral route
aka having to do 10 hours of worthless side quests
and picked it up three months later and finished it off from where I was. Didn't want to repeat 40 hours, and the game didn't feel strange at all even after coming back.

Whereas I've started Planescape Torment about five times over at this point, because I want to get the full experience and I'm always uncomfortable with leaving that game for a long period of time.

Luminaire

Restart if needed.

Sometimes I just restart for the hell of it so I can catch up, but it really depends on how long it's been and how far I am in the game. I came back to Tales of Graces F after about 5? years and just jumped back in at the 33 hour point.

Top Bottom