• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Team Clout's game ILL turn out to be vapourware?

MrRenegade

Report me if I continue to troll
I just checked their patreon page.

TLDR: they changed scope, so now they are aiming to be BIG
it will be higly story driven game with different characters, exiting events and cool setting/place where the protagonist will encounter all the horrors
For the past year we always been promising "big news soon", but this "soon" more sounds like "never" by now.

Hello Patrons! Happy New Year everyone!

Today we want to talk about the current state of the game, the team and Patreon.

Lets start with the most important. Is ILL a scam?

If we were't actually developing the game we would have publically announce that LONG time ago. We understand how frustrated it might be to see active Patreon that earns money with no updates whatsoever. But we are in a situation where we chose partly crowdfunding approach at the beginning, but then realised that the game is planned to be big, that we need to follow more "classic" approach for marketing and release road map. Therefore all we do is under NDA. All we publish here will spoil elements of the game and it's story. And that's cool to do for people who invest their money here. Unfortunately there is a risk of these material being posted elsewhere. I'll try to collect some materials and show in the following post Today or Tomorrow.

I have an idea to just turn this page into "ILL creator fund". All money goes to creators who make ILL related stuff. Music, animation, art, toys. Not concepts or tracks that made for the game based on the strick brief, but more creative approach. "Abstract traditional painter drew his vision of the world of ILL" "Animator made PS2 style scene in ILL's setting"...etc.etc. Results would be posted here first and the on socials. This might be fun! But first we need to finalise the deal with the current partner, which we will talk furter.

But what about development progress? The team now has 25+ people and we are actively hiring. Development finally went to different streams, art team, dev team, animation, narrative... and we have progress in every department. Finally, the story of the game has been written, it will be higly story driven game with different characters, exiting events and cool setting/place where the protagonist will encounter all the horrors. The horror itself will be based on a non typical concept. Besides that we just finished a new trailer!

For the past year we always been promising "big news soon", but this "soon" more sounds like "never" by now. We want to make public anouncement, release new footage and share our plans, but while some legal stuff are still in works we can not share much publically. It should change within the next couple of months, but it is always hard to predict. We hope for your understanding.

Thanks againg for your support! Just like you, we can not wait untill we share more of ILL!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/2024-update-96732133

Gojiira

Nah pretty sure its Vaporware, IIRC the lead designer/artist literally makes horror themed videos with similar aesthetics etc to the ILL reveal trailer. I think that was exactly why people were skeptical at the so called ‘gameplay’.

Kuranghi

Its super fake bullshit, this is the one with the ultra violent saw off shotgun zombie killing gameplay right?

Top Bottom