• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Nintendo to keep making video games, Switch will get titles that help it sell

Cerium

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/857553533104672768

nNn4we1.png

Presumably this is referring to the next fiscal year. Pokemon Stars and some form of Smash Bros are the obvious picks, but we still don't know what Retro is working on and I'd say there's an outside chance of Animal Crossing.

Well, this is pretty obvious. It would be funny if the quote was:

"We have no other games in development for the Switch, this is it. Bye."

I would hope more games are coming if they want the Switch to last 5 years lol.

Anyways I have very high expectations for E3 from them. Retro Studios and Metroid.

KevinG

I mean, this goes without saying, right?

But I suppose that the droughts of the Wii U make people highly question Nintendo's ability to output high quality software steadily.

Neoxon

If he's referring to Stars, we'll likely know about it by the end of May.

If it's Smash, I could see that being an E3 reveal.

Zyrox

You're telling me they have unannounced games in development? What? I don't think I can handle this revelation.

phanphare

Banned
I'll take Monster Hunter please. a handheld version of that game on an ergonomic console sounds pretty awesome. literally can't play that game on 3DS anymore.

maxcriden

I think in addition to referring to the next FY, it is a reasonable assumption we will also see an announcement for 1-2 more games for this FY, as all recent Nintendo E3 presentations have included at least one announcement for games coming by the end of the same year or the same FY. Plus, there are currently no games announced for Q1 2018. Then again, Nintendo is doing things a bit differently than they have before in many respects, and making guesses about Nintendo's moves is often a fool's errand, so I could be all kinds of wrong in my supposition. :)

jph139

I'm not as strong on Pokemon Stars as I have been, but if they legit manage to have Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros. out in time for Christmas during their first year... like, goddamn, Nintendo is bringing the heat.

PikkonX

I don't think the shock is that more games are coming (obvious), but there's a pretty good chance that he's referring to some heavy hitters in this calendar year. Probably between August - November. Please be Pokemon or AC.

I think in addition to referring to the next FY, it is a reasonable assumption we will also see an announcement for 1-2 more games for this FY, as all recent Nintendo E3 presentations have included at least one announcement for games coming by the end of the same year or the same FY. Plus, there are currently no games announced for Q1 2018. Then again, Nintendo is doing things a bit differently than they have before in many respects, and making guesses about Nintendo's moves is often a fool's errand, so I could be all kinds of wrong in my supposition. :)

I don't expect a lot of new announcements at E3 and mainly think we will get more information on the announced titles like Fire Emblem Warriors, Xeno 2, and especially Mario Odyssey. That said, I agree with you and I would expect 1-2 titles would be announced for this FY. Like you said, we don't know what's coming in Q1 2018 right now, so I would expect at least 1-2 Switch announcements.

Plum

Good god, people, if the snark levels in here go any higher we're going to reach peak NeoGAF. If CEOKazHirai tweets about this I don't think this site will be able to survive such witty sarcasm.

But yeah, this isn't exactly shocking news, but when you consider how many believe that the Switch only has Mario Odyssey this Winter stuff like this needs reaffirming. As I said in the "lack of game announcements" thread, if E3 comes and there's no major third parties and few big games announces we should panic, but right now it is best to just wait.

Top Bottom