• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF BayGaf

Toki767

If 6PM is the start time I might be able to go for a bit. But I won't get there until around 7:30 at the earliest since I'd be driving from SJ to Dublin, then Bart from Dublin to SF. And Friday traffic on the 880/680 = bullshit.

Also, I'd rather castrate a goat and then eat its testies than drive into SF on a Friday night from SJ...

280 from San Jose to San Francisco isn't too horrible. Just avoid 101 at all costs.

AcridMeat

Banned
If 6PM is the start time I might be able to go for a bit. But I won't get there until around 7:30 at the earliest since I'd be driving from SJ to Dublin, then Bart from Dublin to SF. And Friday traffic on the 880/680 = bullshit.

Also, I'd rather castrate a goat and then eat its testies than drive into SF on a Friday night from SJ...
Don't sweat it. From the sound of things people may also get together Saturday. I'm just planning Friday as I'll already be paying the money at a parking garage to be there, so might as well make the most of it.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Yeah, depending on when I can get off, I'd probably get into the 4st station a touch before 6 or so, but maybe later if I miss the 5pm train. Hopefully y'all can wait for a midwesterner to find his way around if need be.

AcridMeat

Banned
Yeah, depending on when I can get off, I'd probably get into the 4st station a touch before 6 or so, but maybe later if I miss the 5pm train. Hopefully y'all can wait for a midwesterner to find his way around if need be.
Here's hopin', I'll be around! Sent a PM.

butzopower

proud of his butz
I'm down Friday and Saturday. In the Powell Station / GDC area there's a few spots: Annabelle's, Thirsty Bear, and Tempest (divey, 2 buck beers). A bit out is Hotel Utah, Monarch, and probably a few other places. If anyone wanted to get fancy there's Local Edition, House of Shields, Rickhouse, and the bar on top of the Marriott.

That's my comprehensive list of places to get booze.

AcridMeat

Banned
I'm down Friday and Saturday. In the Powell Station / GDC area there's a few spots: Annabelle's, Thirsty Bear, and Tempest (divey, 2 buck beers). A bit out is Hotel Utah, Monarch, and probably a few other places. If anyone wanted to get fancy there's Local Edition, House of Shields, Rickhouse, and the bar on top of the Marriott.

That's my comprehensive list of places to get booze.
Thanks a bunch man! I think any of those first 3 work best for me. If anyone has experience with any of those holler. I might feel like a Thirsty Bear at that time anyway.
Friday around 6 would work well for me, I'm doing something in the city later that night anyway. Where are you going to be Acrid?
So be at Mel's around 5:30/6pm tomorrow?
Yep, I was thinking maybe meeting just outside of that Mel's if that works. Sent PMs to you guys as well.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I'm not going near there until opening weekend clears out. That and im traveling for work during the next 2 weeks.
How is it btw?

Yeah it was FUCKING PACKED to the gills. Nice looking place though, awesome staff. I had an Old Rasputin stout (really coffee and creamy, very good) and a Banana Bread Beer (yes it really tastes and smells like bananas, really funky, not bad). Also: pricey.

Didn't try their food but it looked good.

So be at Mel's around 5:30/6pm tomorrow?

Damn, this is too early for me since I normally can't even get into the city until 7 at the earliest (and this is usually with me taking off at 4PM). I'll catch you guys next time...

Take pictures and try to get into some bar fights :)!

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Just hoping that I can get to the caltrain station decent time. If not, I might be just pulling after 6 to station. Updates would be good for me too, if that's the case.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So this was the meet up thread?
Ive had a kickass time in SF so far but man .... Those hills :(

Will be heading out of work soon (officially out in 7 min. or so) and will be stopping by The Hound for a bit before heading to Mel's.

Can't stay too long, hay fever is kicking my ass horribly, so probably just dinner and then I'll head out back to Dublin.

Acid08

Banned
Also Giants game and Critical Mass too boot.

And now off to head over to Mel's. Will be wearing a gray newsboy cap and carrying a red backpack (North Face).
Oh yeah Critical Mass lol.

I won't be making it out there tonight but have fun everyone! Auron, we have to get coffee sometime out here and talk comics.

Oh yeah Critical Mass lol.

I won't be making it out there tonight but have fun everyone! Auron, we have to get coffee sometime out here and talk comics.

For sure dude. I think I still have your number so I'll text you one of these days that I'm free lol.

AcridMeat

Banned
Alright the metreon is just a theatre now I didn't realize. Im here now look for the short guy with a backpack and gray sweater.

Top Bottom