• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF BayGaf

AcridMeat

Banned
Home now. Thanks for coming out guys and great to talk with you all.

Hopefully we can get something bigger and better planned in the near future.

AcridMeat

Banned
48MgBvml.jpg

Just in case you thought I was lying *note, posted after most of that has been consumed.

I'm the dude with plaid and glasses with very little beer in his glass.

It was great meeting you all last night, had lots of fun! We should do it again sometime.

Next time we should meet up at Lucky Strike or something. It'd be easy to get some reservations and a place to chill and drink. Bowling + Beer = greatness and it's cool for those that may or may not drink. Oh who am I kidding haha next round is on me guys!

I'm wearing the SF hat in the second pic. No clue who that is in the first. Looks like he is crying.

Both bowling and alcohol are legit. We could also hit some dive bars in the TL or something. Anything has to be better than the place we ended up at.

AcridMeat

Banned
I don't know I think those pictures sum up GAF pretty well. I'm the goofy looking white one in the gray sweater.
Next time we should meet up at Lucky Strike or something. It'd be easy to get some reservations and a place to chill and drink. Bowling + Beer = greatness and it's cool for those that may or may not drink. Oh who am I kidding haha next round is on me guys!
I've wanted to go to Lucky Strike, I'd be down for that.
I'm wearing the SF hat in the second pic. No clue who that is in the first. Looks like he is crying.

Both bowling and alcohol are legit. We could also hit some dive bars in the TL or something. Anything has to be better than the place we ended up at.
Hahaha

oktarb

I just handed in my notice so if anyone needs or knows someone that needs a project manager PM me. Ton of experience specifically in eDiscovery project management.

Weirder things have happened :D

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I'm the dude with plaid and glasses with very little beer in his glass.

It was great meeting you all last night, had lots of fun! We should do it again sometime.

Hey, what was the one beer place that you told me about that can special order stuff?

Cheska

Hey guys, any of you have any recommendations for game stores that carry some older stuff? Particularly looking for some of the gameboy advance Pokemon games. Already tried Brentwood Game Exchange and Phoenix Games.

Hey SF. I've been here all of 12 days but I'm loving it so far. Really dig the city. I walked here from SD Heres my thread on that, found a cheap cheap place to live in Bayview and got a part time job in the Marina. Here's what I've learned so far:

-Nobody pays to ride the train. and boy does it get CROWDED
-The Downtown is uptown
-Some sidewalks have stairs!
-many talented people live here
-the weather isn't good, but hardly bad enough to complain about
-peeing/pooping outside no problem.
-people are happy and proud to live here
-hipsters are pushing poor people out (wait i'm a hipster! living in bayview! o sh-)
-sexy jesus contest

Esiquio

Hey SF. I've been here all of 12 days but I'm loving it so far. Really dig the city. I walked here from SD Heres my thread on that, found a cheap cheap place to live in Bayview and got a part time job in the Marina. Here's what I've learned so far:

-Nobody pays to ride the train. and boy does it get CROWDED
-The Downtown is uptown
-Some sidewalks have stairs!
-many talented people live here
-the weather isn't good, but hardly bad enough to complain about
-peeing/pooping outside no problem.
-people are happy and proud to live here
-hipsters are pushing poor people out (wait i'm a hipster! living in bayview! o sh-)
-sexy jesus contest

Damn man, you've had an interesting time, just saw your other thread. I'd like to buy you a beer in the city if I can find the time, and hear some of your stories. How long are you in the Bay Area for?

Damn man, you've had an interesting time, just saw your other thread. I'd like to buy you a beer in the city if I can find the time, and hear some of your stories. How long are you in the Bay Area for?

Until June. And yeah I meant no one pays for the muni. Don't have the jargon down yet

who wants to ride around in one of those three wheeled explorer cars?

Hey, what was the one beer place that you told me about that can special order stuff?

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bevmo-sunnyvale

Talk with a manager and give them the name and location of the beer and they'll see if they can't get it for you. If it's carried by another Bevmo in that region there is good chance you will get your beer. You can also double check online at bevmo.com to see if it's located instore in that area before you ask.

Anyone have experience with The Warfield? Is it a good venue? I was thinking about getting a table for Knife Party on the 13th, but I have reservation cause I can't find out if it includes 6 tickets or if they have to be purchased separately. They aren't very helpful that's for sure.

Also is anyone excited about the Stone's coming to play in Oakland and San Jose in May? I'm so excited to potentially see them again. And the Oakland show is the start of the tour which is rather small. They are one of the best live performers I've ever seen.

CrocMother:

Dude damn @_@

Next time I'm in the city I'm gonna buy you a beer I don't even care if you're legal!

Acid08

Banned

Talk with a manager and give them the name and location of the beer and they'll see if they can't get it for you. If it's carried by another Bevmo in that region there is good chance you will get your beer. You can also double check online at bevmo.com to see if it's located instore in that area before you ask.

Anyone have experience with The Warfield? Is it a good venue? I was thinking about getting a table for Knife Party on the 13th, but I have reservation cause I can't find out if it includes 6 tickets or if they have to be purchased separately. They aren't very helpful that's for sure.

Also is anyone excited about the Stone's coming to play in Oakland and San Jose in May? I'm so excited to potentially see them again. And the Oakland show is the start of the tour which is rather small. They are one of the best live performers I've ever seen.

CrocMother:

Dude damn @_@

Next time I'm in the city I'm gonna buy you a beer I don't even care if you're legal!
The Warfield is a pretty cool venue. Get GA tickets if you can.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

well I don't see it on their website, so looks like I'll need to order!

well I don't see it on their website, so looks like I'll need to order!

you can also try Maplewood Market & Liquors in Campbell. Small liquor store, but they can get various stuff if you ask.

btw, BevMo is banned from getting anything from Russian River, at least both the San Jose and Willow Glen locations that I've been to :(

I was planning on visiting San Francisco for the 4th of July, but the other person I was going with has backed out. How cold does the area get during the xmas - new years time? How is that time for a vacation? There's a possibility I might be traveling solo.

Toki767

I was planning on visiting San Francisco for the 4th of July, but the other person I was going with has backed out. How cold does the area get during the xmas - new years time? How is that time for a vacation? There's a possibility I might be traveling solo.

It really depends. Where are you from? It's usually anywhere from the 30s to 60s during that time.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I can handle the cold. It's usually -20F plus windchill where I live that time of the year.

As a midwesterner, I know that pain. It's been pretty nice out here. 30-ish when I got out here in January and that was considered "odd" or uncommon by the weather folk on the local stations. It's pretty nice weather out here pretty much all the time.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

you can also try Maplewood Market & Liquors in Campbell. Small liquor store, but they can get various stuff if you ask.

btw, BevMo is banned from getting anything from Russian River, at least both the San Jose and Willow Glen locations that I've been to :(

Bah, so BevMo can't get anything from the brewery I want because their distributors don't carry it. Looking online the farthest west you can get for that brewery's distributors is Colorado T.T

I think I'll try Maplewood Market tomorrow but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Bah, so BevMo can't get anything from the brewery I want because their distributors don't carry it. Looking online the farthest west you can get for that brewery's distributors is Colorado T.T

I think I'll try Maplewood Market tomorrow but I'm not getting my hopes up.

What are you looking for exactly? Some breweries won't distribute outside their area. I would like some Alchemist Heady Topper, but no chance they will distribute past Vermont. Vice versa for people out there who want the local Russian River Pliny The Younger.

Acid08

Banned
What are you looking for exactly? Some breweries won't distribute outside their area. I would like some Alchemist Heady Topper, but no chance they will distribute past Vermont. Vice versa for people out there who want the local Russian River Pliny The Younger.
The Younger is amazing. Crazy lines for that stuff whenever is around.

iavi

CrocMother:

Dude damn @_@

The Warfield is one of the better venues in the city. I'm going to be there for Bonobo in may. Hyped as hell for that.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

Trying to get some stuff from Nebraska, specifically stuff from Empyrean.

LarryButz

CrocMother:

Dude damn @_@

Just bought tickets for my dad and I to see the Rolling Stones in San Jose. We saw them a few years back in Oakland and it was a pretty great show.

Seriously, all sorts of butz up in this thread.

I was down in Mtn View on Saturday night and stopped by Stein Beer Garden for a bit. It was pretty packed when I got there, but it cleared out after 10. Beer selection was good though they were a little pricey. It's a nice looking place that'll be fun when it warms up a little more.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Seriously, all sorts of butz up in this thread.

I was down in Mtn View on Saturday night and stopped by Stein Beer Garden for a bit. It was pretty packed when I got there, but it cleared out after 10. Beer selection was good though they were a little pricey. It's a nice looking place that'll be fun when it warms up a little more.

Both times I've been there, they've been out of their campfire stout, which is starting to really frustrate me :/

Toki767

Kinda random, but any Bay Area gaffers know of a good Filipino restaurant in the Fremont/Union City/Hayward areas?

I'm surprised there are even any around there. I love going to Daly City and Pacifica for Filipino food.

I guess out of the choices, I like the Tribu in San Bruno so the one over there is probably fine. There's also Gerry's Grill but I wasn't a fan of it.

wario

Kinda random, but any Bay Area gaffers know of a good Filipino restaurant in the Fremont/Union City/Hayward areas?

closest thing i can think of is the food truck market, moveable feast. the couple times i've been to these there have been filipino food trucks.

they have two events a week in the southbay, monday and friday night.

http://mvblfeast.com/

I'm surprised there are even any around there. I love going to Daly City and Pacifica for Filipino food.

I guess out of the choices, I like the Tribu in San Bruno so the one over there is probably fine. There's also Gerry's Grill but I wasn't a fan of it.

Ya, I was thinking of Tribu......or Jolibee's ;p.

Top Bottom