• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Furry-GAF

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
So, about 15 years ago, when I first found out about furry fandom and started identifying myself with some of its aspects (mainly the appreciation for anthro art), I did what all the cool furry kids were doing at the time and designed my own fursona, for which I used the name which I still use as my Internet handle.

Recently, I've been trying to get some practice drawing human figure, and I figured, why not bring my old fursona back after an absence of over a decade? So I did this pencil drawing of him, which I'd like to share with you.

I know that the drawing has its problems, but it has helped me improve my style and proportions. :)

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
So, about 15 years ago, when I first found out about furry fandom and started identifying myself with some of its aspects (mainly the appreciation for anthro art), I did what all the cool furry kids were doing at the time and designed my own fursona, for which I used the name which I still use as my Internet handle.

Recently, I've been trying to get some practice drawing human figure, and I figured, why not bring my old fursona back after an absence of over a decade? So I did this pencil drawing of him, which I'd like to share with you.

I know that the drawing has its problems, but it has helped me improve my style and proportions. :)

It's not half bad! He looks pretty grumpy, but not bad.

Uchip

Banned

Though I have zero interest in the persona thing, its cool that you brought back older ideas
and its nice that im not the only one drawing things

Lucario

So there's this dating show on Game Show Network called Baggage. Hosted by Jerry Springer, so you get a sense of the character of the show. The ads like to illustrate possible 'baggage' contestants may have. Their current one uses a model dressing up in a fursuit.

I mention it because it's a media portrayal of furries, and because it has a significant flaw.

They used a model. I mean, let's be honest, we are not that attractive.

...And I'm pretty sure her suit was for a male bunny.

*hacking fit of coughing*

um, I've modeled, and I know other models who identify as fur (or at least are down with the fetishy parts of it)

Most of the furs I know are actually pretty fucking hot.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
CHEEZMO™;38031598 said:
So he's emo?
Nah, emo people are all about fatalism, rebellion and depression. My character is simply naturally sulky and sullen, but a really nice guy and an optimist under that façade, even if he doesn't seem very approachable.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
tumblr_m4gf2lvQZN1rwzjofo1_500.jpg

Guess who has an ask Tumblr now.

isnt that what your avatar is?

are the commercials you're talking about those crazy french ones?
I swear french are the most open about that kind of thing

Yeah, those are the ones.

The avatar is too small to see much detail but the artist (Blotch) does full anthro bodies, with a blending of human and animal attributes of varying degrees from head to toe.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Uchip's just being snide, he hates all canine furries, particularly ones with elongated snouts.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So are muscular furs still called bears or what?

What's the terminology here?

Top Bottom