• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT13| Ixalan - Port to Sideboard

A bunch of action happens in the story.

Meanwhile, Jace and Vraska are riding down a river on a boat together underneath an invisibility spell literally staring into each others eyes while Jace wonders about what kind of dessert she likes.

"You've been staring into my eyes longingly for hours," Vraska noted.

Jace wobbled slightly and then fell over, completely stiff.

"Oh, right."

Hmm, I have an idea. Could you guys write out various scenarios for Magic ship fics? Ex: "Gideon trains Jace in combat, and Jace falls into Gideon's hard yet comforting arms..."

Assuming we're still interested in this come the next OT, I could incorporate them into the OP.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hmm, I have an idea. Could you guys write out various scenarios for Magic ship fics? Ex: "Gideon trains Jace in combat, and Jace falls into Gideon's hard yet comforting arms..."

Assuming we're still interested in this come the next OT, I could incorporate them into the OP.
Ye Olde Chestnut:

Snapcaster Mage x Ash Zealot:

She's a rough-and-tumble tomboy that can't bear to settle down.

He's a freewheeling partier that can't let go of the past.

When fire meets water, this summer gets steamy.

Izzet Me, Izzet You? The feel-good romantic comedy of the year.

Santiako

Checking back in Hour thread for people who picked up on Scarab God being bonkers and good for value post rotation.

Everyone picked up on Scarab God being really good from the beggining!

Rivals of Ixalan - Pirate Shipping

It's still months away, but that's a lock I'd say.

HoYp1cA.gif

Justin

nope

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor

The Planeswalker™ stared at Liliana, Death's Majesty™ with inquisitive khol-rimmed eyes. A sharp intake of breath, like the gasp that precedes an orgasm escaped from her lips. The Planewalker™ narrowed her eyes seductively, the corner of her bottom lip disappearing teasingly beneath the barest glimpse of perfect teeth.

She reached down and cupped Liliana, Death's Majesty™'s right breast, her long-fingered hands playful but with a clear desire to inflict pain. A shiver ran from the tip of Liliana, Death's Majesty™'s toes to her bejewelled ears. Liliana, Death's Majesty™ raised her other hand and laid it sensuously on the mirror, the condensation of her heated, heavy breath smudging under her fingernails.

"You're beautiful," she said, leaning in for a kiss.

^ I was expecting a joke about the removal of the planeswalker uniqueness rule.

Anyway, looks like there's enough opposition not to go through with it for the OT OP. It shall remain rivals themed.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Planeswalker™ stared at Liliana, Death's Majesty™ with inquisitive khol-rimmed eyes. A sharp intake of breath, like the gasp that precedes an orgasm escaped from her lips. The Planewalker™ narrowed her eyes seductively, the corner of her bottom lip disappearing teasingly beneath the barest glimpse of perfect teeth.

She reached down and cupped Liliana, Death's Majesty™'s right breast, her long-fingered hands playful but with a clear desire to inflict pain. A shiver ran from the tip of Liliana, Death's Majesty™'s toes to her bejewelled ears. Liliana, Death's Majesty™ raised her other hand and laid it sensuously on the mirror, the condensation of her heated, heavy breath smudging under her fingernails.

aidan
(Today, 01:47 PM)

Ashodin

F

where's the magic? the mana?

This is just smut

F

where's the magic? the mana?

This is just smut
Bolas stood in silence. It truly never could have worked. He was a dragon, Karn was an artifact. It was inevitable that one day he would Shatter him, and yet...

Bolas ran his long claws through the sand, the same claws he used to caress Karn's frame. A tear softly rolled down his cheek and evaporated. He made his decision.

He tapped the Island, the fifth he needed, and spoke the words aloud. "Time Reversal."

aidan

Bolas stood in silence. It truly never could have worked. He was a dragon, Karn was an artifact. It was inevitably that one day he would Shatter him, and yet...

Bolas ran his long claws through the sand, the same claws he used to caress Karn's frame. A tear softly rolled down his cheek and evaporated. He made his decision.

He tapped the Island, the fifth he needed, and spoke the words aloud. "Time Reversal".

Karn watched as Nicol Bolas disappeared in a maelstrom of mana. The plain around them was bathed in the bluish light of a coming storm. He could feel the Bolas' lingering touch. How could someone so powerful and maniacal have such delicate and deft fingers? If Karn's manhood was not already rock-hard, it would have become so as he remembered his last tryst with the dragon planeswalker. His loins were aflame with passion, lava dripping from his heated skin with the cadence of tears.

drip

sizz

drip

sizz

As the confluence of dragon and time disappeared, Bolas was becoming nothing more than regret. A fading memory.

In the distance, Urza's Tower caught the last glimpse of the day's sun. Karn thought of his friend Urza, the Green Planeswalker, and the promise they had made deep in the bowels of his mine, the morning after the electric night they had shared at his power plant. As the last traces of Nicol Bolas evaporated into the distant past, Karn felt Urza stirring inside him, and began to ponder his next destination. Ixalan. Dominaria. Immersturm. For the first time in an eternity, he felt... liberated.

We literally were sharing not so private messages between Luis and Gaby in the last thread...

Yeah. This page is infinitely better than any page dissecting the romantic/platonic relationships between MTG players.

Guys am I late for the bad slash fanfiction?

Nicol Bolas flew toward the heroes, eager to kill someone today.

Either he would have deaths, screams, and blood, or he would, perhaps, have something better.

He did not expect to have both. One could not have everything. Not even Nicol Bolas. He was not greedy. Greed implies wanting something you didn't deserve.

Everything Nicol Bolas wanted was entirely deserved.

Clouds of yellow dust spun into the air, stirred by the beating of his massive wings. He saw the slight widening of Chandra's eyes as she realized, seemingly for the first time, just how large Nicol Bolas was. Her naiveté amused. Not for the first time, he wondered if these heroes would be suitable for what he required.

No matter. There were others, if need be.

Tiny perturbations prickled his mind, a cautious but insistent probing from Jace. Yes, my dear boy, find your footing, Bolas implored silently. He landed with a soft thump, his wings flexing with a final, ponderous beat. He had not needed wings to fly for a very long time, but he loved the way it felt, his majesty fully unfurled and on display.

What a way that would be to introduce Urza again.
I'm not going to pretend I didn't laugh at this

Or this, because Gosh Darn!

hey shippers

what standard deck is good against temur energy?
Tokens should be good if they aren't on Scarab God.
Their major threats have no evasion meaning you can chump for days. Downside is they've started playing Appetite again.
Temur Energy with scarab god :p
That too.
That's just you an Angry Grimace you pair of creeps.
Was that really grimace? I know there was a third sleuther at least.

Ashodin

Didn't see it mentioned, but there was another Arena stream today. They'll be more or less weekly going forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIvWETsfUpA

Cool stuff.

Notes:

• People got REALLY pissed when cards were turned fully 90 degrees (focus groups?). Universal hate for normal paper tapping basically. They couldn't read info at a glance.
  • They went with some super minimalist tap symbols, a secondary card back that pretended to be tapped, etc.
  • They went with 45 degree taps, and the host mentions he absolutely hates this especially in paper and it drives him insane besides lands in front of creatures

hutcGiA.png

nsfl

Chris Clay is the game director, who worked at Vicarious Visions and Turbine previously. We have real game designers in here people!

Cool stuff.

Notes:

• People got REALLY pissed when cards were turned fully 90 degrees (focus groups?). Universal hate for normal paper tapping basically. They couldn't read info at a glance.
  • They went with some super minimalist tap symbols, a secondary card back that pretended to be tapped, etc.
  • They went with 45 degree taps, and the host mentions he absolutely hates this especially in paper and it drives him insane besides lands in front of creatures

hutcGiA.png

nsfl

Chris Clay is the game director, who worked at Vicarious Visions and Turbine previously. We have real game designers in here people!
There is a really, really simple fix for this. Allow both. Just because it shows tapping at 90 degrees from one player's perspective, doesn't mean it has to from another's.

Justin

There is a really, really simple fix for this. Allow both. Just because it shows tapping at 90 degrees from one player's perspective, doesn't mean it has to from another's.

Someone asked and the response was "we really don't want to do that if we don't have to but maybe..."

After seeing all their shots and videos I am of the mind that not having the picture tap and just having it grey out with the tap symbol is the cleanest solution. When you start mixing in non tapped cards with cards tapped 45 degrees it looks like a mess.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
As a Hearthstone player coming into Magic, the "controversy" about Arena not having 90 degree taps is the most hilarious thing to me.

I'm still wrapping my brain around large board setups, keeping track of triggered abilities, and anticipating how my opponent can block.... and the shit that's blowing the minds of people used to all of this is tiny visual things about how a "card" looks when it's tapped.

Side Note: So I've been learning the game through Magic Duels and opened my first mythic in a pack. Angelic Destiny. I mean, just looking at the card it looks completely busted. Is it as good as I think it is?

Top Bottom