• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts x Castlevania

Toots

Gold Member

Hear me out boys !

When playing Hogwarts, i cannot help myself thinking about how good a castlevania total conversion mod would be.
Everything and more is there.

First the character. Make a Belmont skin and reskin the spells to make them like whiplash. Exact same effects, just with a whip. Levioso could be a whiplash on the ground that make enemies fly, accio just a whip grab, etc..
Then the setting. Everything is there. I repeat EVERYTHING IS THERE. Little crooked town to start the journey (Hogsmead, check), countryside walk to the castle with a deep scary forest detour check, Huge magic castle that seems to change shape to accomodate whatever magic is at play there, super check.

Make a few hours long game where you start at a slightly reskinned Hogsmead, save a bunch of villagers from imps (reskinned gobelins) and skeletons (already there), and kill a few werewolves (reskinned poachers) on the way to the castle, with a detour to the forbidden forest to go get whichever macguffin is necessary to enter the castle.
Once at the castle, you can use all the mechanics already there (secret passages and whatnot) you only need to reskin stuff.

Go up the dark arts defense tower, fight Death. Fight your way from the great hall up to the dining hall, banish Dracula from this plane of existence, and watch as the sun rise on a land free from his immortal curse (or is it ?...)

You can use the flying mechanic by using the griffin and saying this particular Belmont is Doolittle Belmont and god gave him the power to talk to beast and heal them (can make a questline where you find the griffin somewhere in the forbidden woods and heal them).

There a lot of other stuff we could talk about but i am supposed to be working right now so i leave you with a few illustrations of what this dream game could look like :messenger_sunglasses:
Disclaimer : Everything is a mix of in game footage and shitty ms paint, and does not represent the final quality of the product.

UHs7uhx.jpg

Imagine you're on your way to the castle and you see this bad boy in the distance
dFDlX5k.jpg

3fOsTLb.jpg

Evil is banished at last (don't forget to have dracula's bat form fly out in the distance!)
ldtejWO.jpg

All of this to say, if i were the ceo of portkey games, i know what my next game would be !

Last edited:
Just play Bloodborne. The perfect modern Castlevania.
This is one of the first thing I thought playing bloodborne. It is the ideal Castlevania in 3D. You could replace the name of the characters, add Dracula in the last boss and it would be a genuine Castlevania game with tons of interesting new lore and modernized gameplay.

Toots

Gold Member
Modding team lost a talented paint 3d artist.
Ok you win.
We'll make two version of the game and market it as dual editions, Pottervania disjointed moonlight saraband and Pottervania cisjointed sad song by miley cirus.
Game titles are non negotiable.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member

Get to work!

And don't forget, the best mods pay attention to the little details :p
275170331_7382997015106535_4405796561231047167_n.jpg
Dracula will be dressed in full pimp regalia, with blood chalice, og zoot suit and fingerbang and coke fingers, don’t you worry about that.

I won’t be the one doing it tho, im taking the Kojima route, i have an idea and let the other do the work. Put my name fifteen different times during the credits and im good.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
And Elden Ring has more spells than a game thats all about wizards.
Only spells I like using in HL is the Evil ones so that leaves 4 spells to use in HL.

ER has quite a lot of spells to make you a full spellcaster that makes HL look like garbage.

ER is also superior that you not only have attack magic but also magic that gives you buffs.

HL is very barebones as far as spells are concerned.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Only spells I like using in HL is the Evil ones so that leaves 4 spells to use in HL.

ER has quite a lot of spells to make you a full spellcaster that makes HL look like garbage.

ER is also superior that you not only have attack magic but also magic that gives you buffs.

HL is very barebones as far as spells are concerned.
I consider Hogwarts similar to Guardians of the Galaxy game, unless you are REALLY in the IP the actual gameplay is not enough to carry the game......at least for me.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I think I'd want some kind of mishmash of the 3D Castlevania's, Lords of Shadow and the fun systems found in Order of Ecclesia(love mixing the glyphs/spells) for a ideal Castlevania experience.

While great Hogwarts Legacy I can only really play once.

Pretty sad to think Ecclesia came out 15 years ago.

Toots

Gold Member
I consider Hogwarts similar to Guardians of the Galaxy game, unless you are REALLY in the IP the actual gameplay is not enough to carry the game......at least for me.
Well i think the exact opposite, both are good games by themselves. They become great if you are into the ip.
You think the gameplay in hogswart (which is not just the battles, it's everything you can do in the game) is not good enough for your tastes, fair enough, but you cannot deny the multitude of possibilities the game offers (once again gameplay isn't only fighting).

I stopped reading HP books after the prisonner of azkaban in the early 2000s, and yet i had tremendous fun playing with my little wizard in the wizarding world.

Anyway you guys go ahead and have fun with your elden ring total conversion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom