• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aubrey Plaza plays a social media stalker in Ingrid Goes West (2017)

I can definitely recognize some of that ig craziness in a few people I've met. I don't think some people are aware how they've gone past a point of normality.

Big fan of trigger warnings then.

Honestly, it's a good thing. Even shit as innocent as GotG 2 would have been nice to get a heads up on; not from the trailers, but from other moviegoers/friends.
maybe watching a movie where the protagonist's biological and adoptive father dies would not have been the best thing for my wife to watch a week after attending her mother's funeral.
We came out of that movie and talked to some of our friends later and they were like "oh. right. fuck."

Skatterd

tumblr_omxbf3Slj61se8uqto1_400.gif

I'm there

I saw this tonight and came away somewhat disappointed. I had much higher expectations going in and was left feeling empty. Aubrey does crazy like no one else can. The story however was lacking and the ending was uninspired. I really wanted to enjoy this movie. Ice Cube’s kid did a fantastic job. Elizabeth Olsen‘s character’s brother was such a dick, you couldn’t do anything but hate him.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Saw this and loved it. Not perfect, but I thought the cast had some really nice chemistry and they did enough with all the characters.

Pom was in it too !^_^!

What surprised me the most of Cube Jr's character. He basically played a nerdy version of Cube. LOL.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I liked it. Kind of wanted it to be a little darker, though. Aubrey was really good.

Favorite line:
"You're supposed to be Catwoman, but you're nothing but a Two Face"

I like the concept of satirizing social media stars but at the same time I hate that the movie is still just a comedy making fun of mental illness, at least based on that trailer.

Monocle

This movie was better than it looked, and I thought it looked good. Completely delivered on its premise. Twisted and hilarious. A pitch perfect sendup of Instagram tastemakers.

Also Aubrey Plaza was so well cast. Absolutely perfect for that role.

MadeULook

I had a great time right up until the last couple minutes which just made me roll my eyes. Felt shoehorned in and was a was cheap way to end the movie on. Aubrey Plaza and Elizabeth Olsen did a great job and were enjoyable to see together. Hope they do another film together someday.

Is it getting a limited release?
Don't think so. When I saw it, the movie was playing at the usual theater chains.

Brandson

I saw this movie yesterday. As we were leaving we overheard two old ladies who were leaving as well, one sheepishly saying to the other: ”I'm sorry for that.” That's all the review you need for this movie.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I saw this movie yesterday. As we were leaving we overheard two old ladies who were leaving as well, one sheepishly saying to the other: ”I'm sorry for that.” That's all the review you need for this movie.

Not sure this is really aimed at old ladies tbh.

I liked it. Kind of wanted it to be a little darker, though. Aubrey was really good.

Favorite line:
"You're supposed to be Catwoman, but you're nothing but a Two Face"

I thought the ending was pretty dark.
Ingrid excited about her social media fame after attempting suicide

Skatterd

Old ladies, my most trusted source for movie hot takes

Saw this a few days ago.

Better than i expected. Yeah it's a dark movie.

but you get to see Aubrey Plaza sexing it up dressed as a sexy catwoman

Really though she was great in this. It's like a culmination of all the roles she's ever played and she did it at her best here.

Top Bottom