• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

notworksafe

at this point the only people who want a new vampire are fans of the look of the series or haven't been paying attention to capcom for the last decade. it serves no audience and shouldn't get made tbh. luckily it has less than zero chance of existing.

CO_Andy

at this point the only people who want a new vampire are fans of the look of the series or haven't been paying attention to capcom for the last decade. it serves no audience and shouldn't get made tbh. luckily it has less than zero chance of existing.
i want it but i have very little faith in Capcom these days. would feel better if they'd stop choosing Dimps

if MVCi doesn't deliver the FGC is in for some rough waters ahead

Village

This, for like multiple reasons. My favorite one to talk about, visual design.

Village

Fuck that, Ono is just going to ruin it with the SFV artstyle.

I mean it kind of ruined that itself?

A lot of the visual design for stages and characters in those games are largely disorganized and I can only see a handful of those characters actually being sell able in a regard.

mbpm1

tumblr_on95ojey1N1uslwcmo1_r2_540.gif

tumblr_on95ojey1N1uslwcmo2_r2_540.gif

Kumubou

ppl that want a new vsav or love it are the same ppl that think 3s is the best capcom fighting game ever made
Throwing epithets at VSav players like that is really goddamn rude. There may not be enough interest to justify a new game, but your comment was completely unnecessary.

shaowebb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";232657227]Ah you're right. These games have a ton of naming conventions going on.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. That whole series is a mess with what games were in it and what the differences were.
  • Darkstalkers 1 or Vampire the Night Warriors in japan
  • Darkstalkers 2 or Vampire Hunter in japan
  • Darkstalkers 3 or Vampire Savior in japan

Suddenly Japan only simultaneous releases only a few months after the 3rd game.
  • Vampire Hunter 2 Darkstalkers Revenge (which omits all new cast from the 3rd title but has Oboro Bishamon and Shadow as secret characters, as well as Marionette )
  • Vampire Savior 2 The Lord of the Vampire (has all the cast from the 3rd game that were added plus Donovan, Huitzil and Pyron but it OMITS Jon Talbain, Dark Talbain, Sasquatch and Rikuo and also has Oboro Bishamon and Shadow as secret characters, as well as Marionette )
  • Darkstalkers Chronicle Chaos Tower for PSP and Dreamcast or as it was called in japan Vampire Chronicle for Matching Service (DC) /Vampire Chronicle: The Chaos Tower (PSP). Lets you play as all previous Darkstalker cast (I think. Oboro Bishamon and Dee are things I'm not sure on) and it lets you choose which moveset you wanna use for them from any of the previous releases.
  • Vampire: Darkstalkers collection hits for PS2 in japan only. Has all the previous games like Chaos Tower did, but also Arranged Versions of all the Vampire games. Plus it adds the secret character DEE THE DHAMPIR. Fuck you America and Europe. Japan only gets a Dhampir.
  • Darkstalkers Resurrection or Vampire Resurrection in japan. Rerelease of the first and 3rd games with GGPO. No Dee plus I think the Vampire Resurrection game version of Pyron, Huitzil and Donovan Baine are not included in Vampire Savior but Oboro Bishamon and Dark Talbain are playable.

All that post took a LOT of rechecking to do. Good fucking luck finding a Darkstalkers game with the entire roster. Its a damned mess with all the "add it, remove it, exclusive it, dont rerelease it" stuff that went down.

Game series is great but man was it ever just a mishmash of roster fluctuations for some reason. Hard to keep that shit straight. Most folks have never even seen DEE.

NEO0MJ

Yeah, I doubt Capcom has what it takes to deliver a worthy successor to VaS. I think even VaS II had negative reception?

pizzacat

Banned
ppl that want a new vsav or love it are the same ppl that think 3s is the best capcom fighting game ever made

vsav players mind their own business and dont start every fighting game related sentence with "Well I've played 3rd strike on ps2..."

also if harada gets geese dudes a fucking deity

Beckx

[*]Vampire: Darkstalkers collection hits for PS2 in japan only. Has all the previous games like Chaos Tower did, but also Arranged Versions of all the Vampire games. Plus it adds the secret character DEE THE DHAMPIR. Fuck you America and Europe. Japan only gets a Dhampir.
[/LIST]

Huh. This would be useful because of emulation. and lol at the sheer idgaf of "DEE the Dhamphir", that's the old Mike Bison Capcom alright. does he have a really wide brimmed hat?

The PSP game is great, but a PS2 game emulated on PC gives really easy 2P options.

Dlent

All the updates after VSav were only available on very specific platforms, and all of them made changes to gameplay that the remaining players found distasteful. Had Capcom actually committed and made and official fourth game with an arcade release, things might be different. Instead we got the disjointed mess of slightly modified re-releases posted above.

Also, Dee was a headswap of Demitri. He seemed like a pretty lazy character in a lot of ways.

shaowebb

All the updates after VSav were only available on very specific platforms, and all of them made changes to gameplay that the remaining players found distasteful. Had Capcom actually committed and made and official fourth game with an arcade release, things might be different. Instead we got the disjointed mess of slightly modified re-releases posted above.

Also, Dee was a headswap of Demitri. He seemed like a pretty lazy character in a lot of ways.

Yeah, it sounded like all Capcom did to a series that was heating up was find a way to completely divide its player base starting at the vampire savior release date since thats when they suddenly pop out two other versions and all have different roster.

How the hell was that ever a good idea? What was the logic behind that?
No wonder fighters died off for awhile given the level of fatigue they were creating in their various titles.

Numb

I don't think i've sold a game in a while, now that i have money of course. I did sell SFxT but I regret that sort of... Online was pretty much dead on PS3 (should rebuy it on PC).

I usually don't sell multiplayer games
And when i do i rebuy em
Probably same case this time

FACE

Banned

I wish that all these people that seemingly want a new Vampire would just go on fightcade and play Savior, it's a good game!

Top Bottom