• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your go to Live Service game?

T0minator

We all know people love to trash live service games.

This thread isn't for those people.

There's been so many games that have come out and attracted a huge player base. What games have gotten YOUR attention even for just a bit?

Lately, for me, .when I sit to think "what am I going to play for about an hour or so before/after work" Helldivers 2 and Halo Infinite have gotten my time.

I'm thinking of attempting to start Destiny 2 when the new DLC releases but I'm not sure how friendly it is for new comers.

What live service games get your attention every once and awhile (And what keeps your coming back for more?)
What future game are you looking forward to the most?

Last edited:

Hudo

World of WarCraft Classic is the least worst, I guess. (Which won't be the case anymore once they launch Cataclysm Classic)

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
apps.5012.65806558541457305.a0ff0982-eced-4bfd-bb78-5ba7a73376c4.069fcd98-6d14-48a3-82a3-074b07fb3acb

Robb

Gold Member
I played Halo Infinite for a bit but haven’t really touched it in quite some time now.

Mario Kart 8/Splatoon 3 maybe, if those count (?).

I’m sure I’d be all over Helldivers 2 if I had a Ps5 though. I love that satirical Starship Troopers stuff.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Waiting for the next Battlefield, which hopefully wont disappoint.
Ive actually been jumping back to BF1 and BFV quite a bit lately.....so i know DICE can do it.
So If I was to say my go to live service game, its probably Battlefield.
TkaqjdTowNAcZTAo69BRaHJeKlm44Yu9.png

Otherwise im a sucka for gacha.
ghf4ajexma281.jpg

tpre779vgv961.jpg

Genshin Impact because I honestly dont care about min-maxing so for me its just a fun time.
Xdncb153Sz5UZMaF0X944NP5.png

Likely actually gonna abandon Genshin Impact for WuWa.
fhnwxgptqwnwwb2cnkyy3lmjs1_22y8.1280.png

[Sigma]

I only have 1 and that's Helldivers 2. It was The Finals but I haven't played the game since Helldivers 2 came out. I checked the store though for Season 2 a couple times, they have some cool looking costumes and the new gameplay stuff looks good even though I haven't tried it out yet but I just can't see myself putting time into that game anytime in the near future. Helldivers 2 has all my time when it comes to this.

Can't say im looking forward to any other live services other than Arc Raiders maybe even though they've change what the game was originally suppose to be I think. Helldivers 2 and The Finals just happens to be special cases.

Diablo 4 although I'm waiting for the next season to arrive before diving back in. Helldivers 2 as my bro finally got the game as well, and Honkai Star Rail. Oh and I've also recently started Nikke as it's their 1.5 anniversary so you get tons of stuff as a new player, including an SSR character.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Genshin. There are issues but the sheer quality and variety of content is unmatched. And in theory, you CAN play it totally for free.

Darchaos

It was Destiny, 1000 of hours in Destiny and Destiny 2. But yeah, when the old team of Bungie started to drop of here and there and the clowns took over, they sold out and spitted what was Destiny in the face. Now im back in Fallout 76 and i love it there for now, i have Diablo iv on a backburner and will probably be back in a future season.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
The only live service game I've enjoyed is Warframe. I was deep into it for a couple of years, it was very good and fun to play. I didn't think it was predatory either with its micro transactions. The different armor sets you could acquire all looked incredibly cool as did the many weapons you get. I stopped playing it because it never was an end to it and the game just kept growing and growing. I reckon by now it's massive and it would feel overwhelming to jump back in again.

Melfice7

eFootball, because i love football and fifa's gameplay is a complete joke. plus its free and i have the team i want without spending any money

The game came out in a broken state, but now, even with having lots of problems, it can resemble actual football (when theres no ultra overrated legends/special players on the pitch)

Goalus

Gears 5.
Even though the service has been reduced to providing a functional multiplayer environment and daily map rotation. I just love it.

Been playing Darktide since the last update. I usually hate live service games, but keep coming back to this one
Am I correct that there is no way to play the game alone? I like the game, but I need practice to get used to the controls, in particular against stronger enemies. I would like to do practice runs just on my own to try things out without angering anyone, but that is not possible, is it?

Last edited:

SnapShot

Warframe.

Destiny 2 was alright until you realize majority of the actually good content is locked behind temporary season passes and $50 dollar expansions that aren't even guaranteed to remain in the game.

TrebleShot

Battlefield V
Forza Motorsport
Helldivers 2
Big fan of GT7 but have almost over played it, its still my GOTG

I dont mind live service if its got a balance of service to free content and compelling gameplay.

T0minator

Destiny 2.

For all its flaws, it still has the best feeling gun mechanics on the market.
That's personally why I want to try it out Bungie used to be my favorite dev but I never tried Destiny. I'm thinking of just going straight to Marathon whenever it releases. I might have missed the Destiny train

Rockman33

The finals. It’s grabbed and held my attention for longer than any game in recent memory. Last one to get a hold of me was halo infinite. But by this point I had started to slow down a lot.

simpatico

Diablo IV of course. It only sucks if you're trying to play it as a full time job. Just have a few hours on the weekend? Enjoy the great and never ending waterfall of content.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The Elder Scrolls Online

Not the best Elder Scrolls game by a wide margin, but the biggest and most dense for sure. Since it's an MMO without a subscription cost, I literally play for a while every 6-8 months or so until I've had my fix. There is always stuff to do in that game, whether its actual quests or just meta stuff (leveling up riding abilities, researching equipment, all the stuff on timers). Easy to jump in, finish up an entire zone which takes about 10+ hours, then I'm usually good to go.

Every once in a while when I jump back in, I'll pick up the latest chapter or whatever to add more content to this already massive game. I've skipped the last two and just been doing base game stuff, so I'll probably pick up the gold road one when it drops.

I don't typically have one, recently Helldivers 2 - though I have not really been going back to it considering how badly they've broken the game. Back in the day I really enjoyed Planetside 1. I played Planetside 2 pretty religiously as well, but it never reached the highs of 1. I played CS:GO before it attempted to become a live service game, and I wouldn't say Monster Hunter World/Rise were live service, but those are the other closest games to fit this bill.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I guess Diablo 2? It keeps getting seasons albeit without money to sink into it. It’s my most played these days.

Otherwise I enjoy these:
D4
Path of Exile
Hunt Showdown
WoW retail

Top Bottom