• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushen

Would it be a crazy idea to give brave axe+ to Michalis? He's got pretty high Atk that can benefit from the brave weapons.

spiritfox

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...the_game_finally_decides_to_recompensate_you/

agkaqp8izbty.png

lol

champloo

Would you elaborate?

Cherche has 4 more atk than Michalis, with a possible atk boon, she could be hitting for 7*2 more damage than him. Besides, Michalis' unique weapon is very good, would be better to build around that, rather than making an inferior Cherche.

Juni_

Would you elaborate?
Cherche with neutral att nature will have 4 more att than Michlis, with +att she will have +7 more att than him bringing her att to 49 with brave axe+ at max level compared to Michalis who reaches 50 with Hauteclare a weapon with 16 mt and 42 with brave axe+
And then there's the fact Cherche will run death blow 3 while you'll most likely still use iote shield with Mich making the gap in att power even greater.

Sushen

I'm getting used to my new 5* atk+/spd- Nowi. While it's not ideal, she seems pretty good. Between Fury 3 and Speed + 1 seal, I hope she is ready for action.

AaronB

I lucked out and got a Nowi with my last pull off this banner. Looks like there are a lot of new Nowi owners out there. Mine's 4* with +atk -def, which I think is pretty good although the bane hurts. This leaves me with a dilemma for my Nino team.

The core of this squad is my 5* Nino (+spd, -def, Desperation) to erase most things, and Olivia (will probably give her swordbreaker) for dance. To go with them, I have the choice of that new Nowi and/or Robin M (+def, -hp) to play the role of baiting, especially things like red mages that would be a threat to Nino. I want to build one of them around Quick Riposte, while carrying Spur Speed for Nino.

For the 4th spot, some likely possibilities are Effie ( both of mine are +spd -hp, unfortunately), Sharena (currently 4*), Setsuna (+atk -spd), Marth (my 5* is -atk +res, but I have a 4* +spd -res which could be upgraded and merged), Corrin M (5*), Corrin F (several 4*, none with great IV).

I'm approaching 20k feathers, so I will be able to promote one character to 5*, and I don't want to spend that on skill inheritance fodder. I'll probably only be going to lvl 2 with Triangle Adept, breaker, or other inheritance skills. Could use ideas, thanks.

scy

Realistically, you're looking at going Nino, Olivia, and Nowi as a three unit core and the last slot as your bonus though, right? Might be better to treat it that way and make those three cover as many bases as you can since they can hit all the coverage you need there. Not sure any of those options really stand out over those three specifically, with the argument for a neutral nuke or a more solid red as your focus on bonus units.

TA/QR is a pretty common offensive Nowi setup to use here and you can still use Olivia as a specific anti-sword stopgap option with Swordbreaker (or give her Wings / Escape Route for mobility with Fury for some bulk).

Roman

I lucked out and got a Nowi with my last pull off this banner. Looks like there are a lot of new Nowi owners out there. Mine's 4* with +atk -def, which I think is pretty good although the bane hurts. This leaves me with a dilemma for my Nino team.

The core of this squad is my 5* Nino (+spd, -def, Desperation) to erase most things, and Olivia (will probably give her swordbreaker) for dance. To go with them, I have the choice of that new Nowi and/or Robin M (+def, -hp) to play the role of baiting, especially things like red mages that would be a threat to Nino. I want to build one of them around Quick Riposte, while carrying Spur Speed for Nino.

For the 4th spot, some likely possibilities are Effie ( both of mine are +spd -hp, unfortunately), Sharena (currently 4*), Setsuna (+atk -spd), Marth (my 5* is -atk +res, but I have a 4* +spd -res which could be upgraded and merged), Corrin M (5*), Corrin F (several 4*, none with great IV).

I'm approaching 20k feathers, so I will be able to promote one character to 5*, and I don't want to spend that on skill inheritance fodder. I'll probably only be going to lvl 2 with Triangle Adept, breaker, or other inheritance skills. Could use ideas, thanks.

Robin is not very good in the current metagame and the only real option among those you listed (outside of Effie) is Sharena because next week she will still be a bonus hero. She can also buff Nino and form a color triad with her and Olivia.

Ninferno

On the topic of rarity's impact on arena scores, I think I can share the experience I had on my two accounts which can be used as a comparison study of sort.

Last week, both of my accounts ran with a vanilla 4* LV40 Michalis with no SI and 3 mains members fully SI'ed. All of them have zero merge count except a Nowi that's +1 on my main account. Both accounts achieved similar arena scores with my main at 477x and my alt at 476x.

This week, the main members of both these two accounts are exactly the same as last week and both accounts had Michalis replaced by Sharena as bonus char. The difference is, I promoted Sharena to 5* on my alt account while she remained as 4* on my main account. Both Sharenas inherited Escutcheon and Drag Back from a single Gwendolyn to fill up all the empty skills slot at the most budget cost. The results are, my alt account saw a significant boost in arena score and got bumped to 4814 while my main's score remained largely unchanged.

It's quite obvious that rarity does matter. There is a considerable variance in points per match but when you add up your 7 matches, it usually averages out the variance for the most part. I suppose it is safe to say that promoting a unit from 4* to 5* should net your around 40 - 60 more points for a deathless run, which is normally enough to move you up a bracket if you are in the ~4800 crowd. However, that's only 500 in terms of feather gain difference. You pay 20k for the promotion and even if the 3 OG lords do get the bonus char rotation we have been suspecting, you need (20,000 / 500) * 3 = 120 weeks to get back your investment. That is assuming:
1. You are even going to play this game for that long. lol
2. You manage to get 500 more feathers every week.
3. You do not pull any focus unit from the banner and have to rely on the OG lords for the entire time.
4. IS does not add the "the mysterious man" and Veronica to the OG lord rotation along with the existing 3.

Hence it is clear that even for F2Ps, promoting Alphonse, Sharena, and Anna to 5* is NOT a top priority for arena. If you don't have other priorities and have tons of feathers lying around then by all means, promote them as you see fit and enjoy using them because they are solid units. Otherwise, attend to your priorities first and hold on to that previous 20k feathers for more important promotion and SI. Don't get me though, promoting them to 4* is still a good choice; just the benefit of not being forced to raise all 4* GHB units to LV40 alone is already pretty nice.

Ninferno

Also, I just gave in to the temptation and dumped many hard-earned orbs in the Nowi-Reinhardt banner before it goes away, sniping blues and only opening red when there's no blue. Needless to say, with my legendarily bad luck, I've got nothing I want but two Hanas, and a bunch of Ests and Oboros, of course. Yeah, yeah, that's L&D 3 food and shit but I've got no one who can really benefit much from it.

I...have...failed...you...Celica.T_T Fortunately that's just my alt account; my main is untouched so there's still hope I can get get her there, there has to be...

Theosmeo

On the topic of rarity's impact on arena scores, I think I can share the experience I had on my two accounts which can be used as a comparison study of sort.

Last week, both of my accounts ran with a vanilla 4* LV40 Michalis with no SI and 3 mains members fully SI'ed. All of them have zero merge count except a Nowi that's +1 on my main account. Both accounts achieved similar arena scores with my main at 477x and my alt at 476x.

This week, the main members of both these two accounts are exactly the same as last week and both accounts had Michalis replaced by Sharena as bonus char. The difference is, I promoted Sharena to 5* on my alt account while she remained as 4* on my main account. Both Sharenas inherited Escutcheon and Drag Back from a single Gwendolyn to fill up all the empty skills slot at the most budget cost. The results are, my alt account saw a significant boost in arena score and got bumped to 4814 while my main's score remained largely unchanged.

It's quite obvious that rarity does matter. There is a considerable variance in points per match but when you add up your 7 matches, it usually averages out the variance for the most part. I suppose it is safe to say that promoting a unit from 4* to 5* should net your around 40 - 60 more points for a deathless run, which is normally enough to move you up a bracket if you are in the ~4800 crowd. However, that's only 500 in terms of feather gain difference. You pay 20k for the promotion and even if the 3 OG lords do get the bonus char rotation we have been suspecting, you need (20,000 / 500) * 3 = 120 weeks to get back your investment. That is assuming:
1. You are even going to play this game for that long. lol
2. You manage to get 500 more feathers every week.
3. You do not pull any focus unit from the banner and have to rely on the OG lords for the entire time.
4. IS does not add the "the mysterious man" and Veronica to the OG lord rotation along with the existing 3.

Hence it is clear that even for F2Ps, promoting Alphonse, Sharena, and Anna to 5* is NOT a top priority for arena. If you don't have other priorities and have tons of feathers lying around then by all means, promote them as you see fit and enjoy using them because they are solid units. Otherwise, attend to your priorities first and hold on to that previous 20k feathers for more important promotion and SI. Don't get me though, promoting them to 4* is still a good choice; just the benefit of not being forced to raise all 4* GHB units to LV40 is already pretty nice.

5. The GHB unit isn't as good as the lord in rotation
6. You don't own a good 5* in the random 4 that get picked

These are all great reasons it's really only good to 5* sharena if you lack a solid blue or 5* anna if you need a good defense hero(as a vantage/WoM combo is deadly for people who aren't careful)

Sushen

Is a -atk +spd Reinhart worth it despite his flaws or should I not bother with him until I pull a better one?
Reinhardt will kill everything he encounters and that's the assumption. For that you need atk+ or at least atk neutral with all the boost he can get. Otherwise, you'll get lots of 1-4 hp enemies that will turn around and kill him. His spd is a joke anyway beyond saving even with spd+.

Roman

Reinhardt will kill everything he encounters and that's the assumption. For that you need atk+ or at least atk neutral with all the boost he can get. Otherwise, you'll get lots of 1-4 hp enemies that will turn around and kill him. His spd is a joke anyway beyond saving even with spd+.

But a +Spd Reinhardt can quad enemy +Atk/-Spd Reinhardts! Already set for the anti-meta pick!

Ninferno

Uh..."Use X to defeat Y" is apparently different from "Include X in your team to complete mission Y"... Took me 30 stamina to figure it out...

scy

Yeah, just did the F. Robin one with F. Robin getting the kill to get the orb. Not too bad once I settled on who tanks stuff the best (which ended up being my Julia, managing to tank every mage and doing just enough but not killing any on counters).

Isnt Navarre in the story missions? could that be an easier workaround?

Goddamnit.

Edit: Actually, both Navarre and F. Robin show up but they're below the level requirements for the quests (40 and 35 respectively). 5-1 has Navarre, 4-4 / 4-5 has F. Robin at least for the ones that don't specify a level. So you can do two of the orbs this way on Normal.

Theosmeo

Yeah, just did the F. Robin one with F. Robin getting the kill to get the orb. Not too bad once I settled on who tanks stuff the best (which ended up being my Julia, managing to tank every mage and doing just enough but not killing any on counters).

Goddamnit.

LOL btw for anyone who hasn't navarre is in 5-1 but does not show up as level 40.

Play the level on easy with frobin at level 20(free crystals today btw should be easy) and you can 2shot him and tank like 3 hits

Damn just saw that Frobin is in story but also won't show at 35+ her mission is easier though

Ninferno

Well, just when I said "train the FE:H OG lords so that you don't have to train GHB units every two weeks" in this thread a few hours ago, IS punches me in the face with the "use FemRobin to kill LV35+ FemRobin, use Navarre to kill LV40 Navarre" quests; IS is clearly not going to make my life easy...

champloo

Welp, finished all the quests. that was fun. The defeating Navarre with F-Robin one was pretty tough, as my 3* Robin could only deal 3 damage to Navarre with an Atk buff...

What I did in the end was un-equipping Nowi's weapon so she could tank Navarre forever without taking damage, while having Robin chipping away at Navarre to death lol

Ninferno

Welp, finished all the quests. that was fun. The defeating Navarre with F-Robin one was pretty tough, as my 3* Robin could only deal 3 damage to Navarre with an Atk buff...

What I did in the end was un-equipping Nowi's weapon so she could tank Navarre forever without taking damage, while having Robin chipping away at Navarre to death lol

Bro, glad you had fun but the "use F-Robin to defeat Navarre" and "use Navarre to defeat F-Robin" quests actually have no level requirements; they can even be done with the story missions at normal.

It is the "use F-Robin to defeat F-Robin" and "use Navarre to defeat Navarre " quests that have the lv35+ and lv40 requirement hence they have to be done in the GHBs.

champloo

Bro, glad you had fun but the "use F-Robin to defeat Navarre" and "use Navarre to defeat F-Robin" quests actually have no level requirements; they can even be done with the story mission at normal.

It is the "use F-Robin to defeat F-Robin" and "use Navarre to defeat Navarre " quests that have the lv35+ and lv40 requirement hence they have to be done in the GHBs.

You are totally right. Now I feel stupid for wasting a stamina pot lol

Sölf

I still have 3 quests left, the one where I have to kill the hard versions and the one for the 3* Robin.

I dread doing Robins map on hard even without any quest related units. >_>

Dee Dee

Any interesting skills or weapons to scavenge those extra FemRobins and Navarre for?
FemRobin is the only one with a specific tomebreaker (green), but who would profit off of that?

Any interesting skills or weapons to scavenge those extra FemRobins and Navarre for?
FemRobin is the only one with a specific tomebreaker (green), but who would profit off of that?

It's blue tome breaker. It isn't all that useful but it helps Robin not get completely blown up by Linde. It doesn't help with Reinhardt/Olwen which he still gets melted by though

Mupod

as someone whose Linde got sucker punched by a B tomebreaker MRobin once, damn why do they gotta give more of those out, lol.

Although it wouldn't matter anymore, Blarblade would let her one shot him with just one buff.

Banged out a few of the grand hero battle quests. Out of curiosity I sent Vantage Hector out against hard mode FRobin and he pretty much wiped the entire map in one turn. That was funny.

But yeah, gotta level these scrub units for the orbs I guess. I was getting bored of mindless grinding so it's nice to have something to burn stamina on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom