• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

backlot

I think its really cool that they're handing out more copies of Grand Hero Battle units. It gives me hope that they might still be viable some day in my fantasy meta where I'm finally able to get a full team of +10 merged units. I hope they do something similar with the starter units at some point.

Couldn't manage a clean run this week. My most recent almost-but-not-quite run involved a +4 Reinhardt with Wings of Mercy. I'd never seen more than +1 before that point.

God I hate that skill

Loving my 5* Felicia with her DEF/RES -7 after attacking + Poison Strike 3 sooo much. Makes leveling way easier and just now allowed me to do the Orb quests with a level 20 FRobin and level 28 Navarre.

Sushen

Which team wins if flier emblem goes against horse emblem? How does Nino kuni fits in this match-up? Just curious.

Ninferno

Ranked #1917 with 4814; I'm content.

Did some test runs as well with Project Olivia Phase I and holy shit it was already SOOOOO MUCH easier compared to the hell I had been through with Lucina. Reinhardt with Reposition supported by Olivia with her innate Hone Atk is such a good pair. My other two guys would just sit at the corner, waiting for anything non-green to be completely obliterated by Reinhardt, which took literally no time, and then moved in to clean up the greens. Score-wise, replacing a fully SI'ed Lucina (Fury 3 + Desperation 3) with a partially SI'ed Olivia (slots are all filled up, but many are not at their final levels) had not caused any noticeable score drop. That made my decision really easy:

Today in commemoration of the completion of Project Olivia Phase I, I formally discharge our good friend Lucina from my arena team. We treasure her contribution since the start dearly but lately she has been relegated to a mere Hector-killer with the recent rise of the hellish green magic and the ungodly sword breakers. Farewell, Lucina, you will be missed especially the Fury 3 that I gave you, I wish I had saved it for Project Olivia.

Ninferno

Do I need to promote FRobin to 4* to beat the challenges?

I don't think so. I didn't and I still had a relatively easy time with killing her GHB self. Just need to level her up a bit, maybe around lv 35 or something. Bringing in buffers/debuffers helps too.

Ranked #1917 with 4814; I'm content.

Did some test runs as well with Project Olivia Phase 1 and holy shit it was already SOOOOO MUCH easier compared to the hell I had been through with Lucina. Reinhardt with Reposition supported by Olivia with her innate Hone Atk is such a good pair. My other two guys would just sit at the corner, waiting for anything non-green to be completely obliterated by Reinhardt, which took literally no time, and then moved in to clean up the greens. Score-wise, replacing a fully SI'ed Lucina (Fury 3 + Desperation 3) with a partially SI'ed Olivia (slots are all filled up, but many are not at their final levels) had not caused any noticeable score drop. That made my decision really easy:

Today in commemoration of the completion of Project Olivia Phase 1, I formally discharge our good friend Lucina from my arena team. We treasure her contribution since the start dearly but lately she has been relegated to a mere Hector-killer with the recent rise of the hellish green magic. Farewell, Lucina, you will be missed especially the Fury 3 that I gave you, I wish I had saved it for Project Olivia.

wow, 4804 was #2559, even up here 10 points is 642 spots

Well, I finally found out why Faye is the way she is. She can actually be super powerful with the right build. I was on Reddit looking at the Adult Tiki build thread when someone mentioned her speed wasn't salvageable, and there was no point in it. For some reason, that made me think of something.

Faye (+Attack / -Res) <- This is the best, but +Speed is respectable. Every other bane loses out though.
Firesweep Bow+
Luna
Darting Blow 3
Seal Attack 3
Threaten Speed 3
HP + 3 seal

Without buffs, she will only get KO'd by 2 units, Kagero and Raven. On her second turn, she'll go 92/2/15 (kills, deaths, draws).

Not too impressive, but +4 speed, she now goes 101/1/7, losing only to Raven. If you are running Erika or Ephraim (+3 attack / +4 speed), she goes 105/0/4 on her 3rd turn. Even if every unit is +attack, she still won't die.

Here are a few more stats before I talk more about the build:
+attack, Fury 3 enemies: 100/6/3
+attack, Life or Death 3: 95/12/2
+attack, Death Blow 3: 99/7/3
+speed, Fury 3: 98/6/5
+speed, Life or Death 3: 91/16/2
+speed, Death Blow 3: 100/6/3

So, as to why this works. It turns out that with +10 speed, Faye is actually able to double key threats, assuming they are not +speed (Raven and Kagero are big ones). Thanks to Firesweeping, she doesn't get countered back. As you can see above, she does lose out when the enemies get significantly more speed (most of her loses are from getting doubled). This is important, because if you manage to get threaten speed down on the first turn, she actually prevents a lot of deaths, even if she doesn't get to attack first.

To put this into context, she is actually better than all of the other archers for doing this, because her bulk is actually awesome. Her speed isn't too big of an issue (surprisingly salvageable?), especially if you run an HP battery with her, she can easily kill a large number of units without going down. Of course, doing this requires +attack/-res Faye, so she can take the right hits, and kill the right enemies (mages mostly, which is why her res isn't hugely important). Really makes me hope she ends up as a 4* (or maybe get a 3* version) so I could get a hold of this and give it a try.

This is probably it for looking at the Firesweep bow. I think I've looked into most builds surrounding it at this point, and now that Faye is actually viable (-speed isn't viable, no matter what I've tried with the current skills available) that is the last of the archers who can use it (Niles is terrible still, and there isn't any fixing that).

Sushen

Well, I finally found out why Faye is the way she is. She can actually be super powerful with the right build. I was on Reddit looking at the Adult Tiki build thread when someone mentioned her speed wasn't salvageable, and there was no point in it. For some reason, that made me think of something.

Faye (+Attack / -Res) <- This is the best, but +Speed is respectable. Every other bane loses out though.
Firesweep Bow+
Luna
Darting Blow 3
Seal Attack 3
Threaten Speed 3
HP + 3 seal

Without buffs, she will only get KO'd by 2 units, Kagero and Raven. On her second turn, she'll go 92/2/15 (kills, deaths, draws).

Not too impressive, but +4 speed, she now goes 101/1/7, losing only to Raven. If you are running Erika or Ephraim (+3 attack / +4 speed), she goes 105/0/4 on her 3rd turn. Even if every unit is +attack, she still won't die.

Here are a few more stats before I talk more about the build:
+attack, Fury 3 enemies: 100/6/3
+attack, Life or Death 3: 95/12/2
+attack, Death Blow 3: 99/7/3
+speed, Fury 3: 98/6/5
+speed, Life or Death 3: 91/16/2
+speed, Death Blow 3: 100/6/3

So, as to why this works. It turns out that with +10 speed, Faye is actually able to double key threats, assuming they are not +speed (Raven and Kagero are big ones). Thanks to Firesweeping, she doesn't get countered back. As you can see above, she does lose out when the enemies get significantly more speed (most of her loses are from getting doubled). This is important, because if you manage to get threaten speed down on the first turn, she actually prevents a lot of deaths, even if she doesn't get to attack first.

To put this into context, she is actually better than all of the other archers for doing this, because her bulk is actually awesome. Her speed isn't too big of an issue (surprisingly salvageable?), especially if you run an HP battery with her, she can easily kill a large number of units without going down. Of course, doing this requires +attack/-res Faye, so she can take the right hits, and kill the right enemies (mages mostly, which is why her res isn't hugely important). Really makes me hope she ends up as a 4* (or maybe get a 3* version) so I could get a hold of this and give it a try.

This is probably it for looking at the Firesweep bow. I think I've looked into most builds surrounding it at this point, and now that Faye is actually viable (-speed isn't viable, no matter what I've tried with the current skills available) that is the last of the archers who can use it (Niles is terrible still, and there isn't any fixing that).
Hmm. I'll give it a try one day. I have hp-/spd+ Faye. She is Hector and other distant counter/vantage diffuser, which works really well.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I ran into a pretty neat merged team that used Faye today. She wasn't the doubling version that you mention here, but I think the team used her pretty well.

The team was:

+3 Reinhardt (50 atk wtf)
+3 Nowi
+1 Azura
Faye

I met this team on the forest map. My team was Ryoma + Nowi + MRobin + Hana.

Because I have no direct counter to Rein (I have to zone him to come close on his own), I chose to try to bait Faye in an attempt to separate Rein from Azura, since otherwise Rein could get danced and kill someone on the first turn. When Faye took the bait, she got backed up by Azura for two free hits. I had to spend another turn or two before Azura was separated from Rein enough for me to feel comfortable going in, and Faye was landing free shots the whole time. If I didn't have MRobin tanking the bulk of those shots, she probably would have killed someone.

As it was, I ended up losing a unit before winning anyway, because fuck Reinhardt and that forest map. I think I'm gonna start training up FRobin as a Reinhardt/Horse Emblem counter.

Ninferno

The Alm banner is ending tomorrow and we still have no info on what comes next yet. This is starting to make me a bit concerned but hopefully this is just them wanting to surprise us.

Yes, but up until that one they had been part of the update with the main banner of that week iirc so it could've been them starting to be a little more secretive to surprise with the banners.

Also, I forget, how many of the main banners have we actually known about more than a day or two before they start? Officially, not datamined

Ninferno

Yes, but up until that one they had been part of the update with the main banner of that week iirc so it could've been them starting to be a little more secretive to surprise with the banners.

Also, I forget, how many of the main banners have we actually known about more than a day or two before they start? Officially, not datamined

While we can certainly dig deeper from order records, let's take the Alm banner as an example. The official FEH twitter account released its focus units' portraits on April 12 which is two days before it actually went live on April 14.
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/852356657241653248

Hopefully something similar will come up in an hour or two later around the regular daily reset.

Yeah, I figure that if they are telling us it'll be in 2 hours or so.

Personally I hope the silence is because a big story update is coming now that there's only one GHB unit left and after that they will need to actually add a new batch of characters for them starting with the already announced Lloyd.

...let me dream alright?

spiritfox

Personally I hope the silence is because a big story update is coming now that there's only one GHB unit left and after that they will need to actually add a new batch of characters for them starting with the already announced Lloyd.

...let me dream alright?

They still need to add reinforcements, which is supposed to come out late April.

Spoit

...let me dream alright?

I thought there were a ton of characters in the story missions that could still be GHBed, like camus?

Easy money is the next banner is more characters from this new game. Celica and whoever else

Oh yeah, that HAS to be next update then. It's not like there's any April left for that to be released after this week.

I thought there were a ton of characters in the story missions that could still be GHBed, like camus?

Easy money is the next banner is more characters from this new game. Celica and whoever else

After Xander only Camus is left unplayable not counting Veronica and Bruno/masked man. For some reason Camus is not scheduled tho and we have Lloyd instead as the final GHB scheduled.

Ninferno

I can sort of understand why the Camus GHB isn't scheduled up front though; Gradivus will be the first lance with built-in distant counter so I guess IS isn't too keen to give it to us this early. lol

I can sort of understand why the Camus GHB isn't scheduled up front though; Gradivus will be the first lance with built-in distant counter so I guess IS isn't too keen to give it to us this early. lol

I mean, we already have Rainjinto with Siegried coming next week, why not a lance too.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm hoping the next banner sucks, because I have no orbs left.

I also got over 200 units, and can't bring myself to let go of my scrubs, so I have been increasing my barracks size.

chrono01

I'm hoping the next banner sucks, because I have no orbs left.

I also got over 200 units, and can't bring myself to let go of my scrubs, so I have been increasing my barracks size.
It's Golden Week in Japan soon, it wouldn't surprise me if they dropped a really nice banner to encourage spending.

What's that? Swimsuits? SUMMER COMES EARLY, MY FRIENDS!

Ninferno

Logged in only to see an announcement regarding improper use; that's not what I was looking forward to, IS. We want the promised reinforcement and survival mode.

Well, guess it can be good if they really are starting to kick hackers out of the game. What they are currently doing is just not letting them play (and rank) in the arena, but that doesn't stop their +10 teams from ruining others' runs. Hopefully they will start to delete these hacker accounts from now on.

PoR banner is great; although I'm more looking forward to their RD incarnations. Ike and Soren are really welcome though, of course. For Ike, besides Ragnell's expected innate Distant Counter, Heavy Blade looks like it is going to be a good skill and might synthesize well with Aether's high CD. Also, Sword Breaker should work well on him too because he probably won't have top-tier Spd like other popular reds. Overall, he's looking really promising for sure. Soren's on the other hand isn't looking too hot. I hope he has good stats spread, especially good Spd for Watersweep to count. He should definitely outspeed Julia and Bunmilla for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom